1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets even interested in Scoot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 22, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

Not a betting man but betting Clingan for All Rookie 1st Team seems like a lock next year.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I said on the court

I don't know what anyone has in their closets. Did you know Eipstein skeletons?
    Harvey Weinstein's?
    Michael Jackson?
    Bill Clinton? Likes young girls..... supposedly
    Bill Gates is on "the list"

P Diddy?
    JayZ?
    Beyonce?
    Jennifer Lopez?

I don't judge lest yee be judged.....I have no faith in man on earth. Everyone is scum until proven not.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Josh would kick Scoots @$$ right now

4. Buck Turgidson

THREEVE

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dalton Knecht not in their top 30?

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#326 ApacheWarrior, Apr 11, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It sure is a good thing the Rockets weren't even interested in Scoot.

raining threes likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Some suggested moving up in the draft to get him.

What a mistake that would have been. All the assets lost moving to #2 or #3

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Maybe I'm tripping but he's been kinda balling lately... He's gonna be a problem in the near future IMO

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

I was kind of hoping they did just so I could read daily your magnificent breakdown about how sucky he is and how he is a few inches taller version of Earl Boykins/Nate Robinson or whatever great name you could think of

And then you could lump him with Green and go in on the gleague being a haven for developing the Rockets scrub lotto picks

Damn it Stone, you really dropped the ball on that selection(NOT)....

Amen to that.....

With all the Thompsons(John/Ausar/Tristan/Tessa/Klay & his pops etc)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I wouldn't write off Scoot at all. He was young, adjusting to the game, and had injuries this season. Suggs is a great example of someone who finally got healthy, learned, and improved. I would definitely take a flyer for picks as well.

BallSoHarden and OremLK like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have no doubt that Scoot Henderson is EXACTLY the kind of player you think is good. Fits perfectly with your hilarious "eye test"

13. Ancient Moabite

Well the wise tell me

Don't make an azz out of ya self by assuming

I would have drafted him if amen/wemby were off the board

I think he will be decent down line because of his frame etc, but I only have watched his game vs Wemby/Rockets, so I really don't have much Eye Test on him

Pretty sure your hilarious end game ts% can figure out if he sucks right now as a teenager

What was your ts% when you played at neighborhood park/gym?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

70% at least. Greatness comes naturally.

15. Ancient Moabite

Well I guess you were Deandre Jordan out there camping in the paint with that hilarious high ts%

All spoon fed layups

You go booby, stone better get you on a 10 day

Do you know how much coin you can make in NBA with 70 ts%?

You better get out that mud hole and get your Rocky Balboa on and lock that summer league invite up

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny how upset you get when discussing objective ways to check your eye test....it's like you know yours is awful and you don't want to see anything that proves it.

17. Ancient Moabite

Why Would R Pryor/Katt Will be upset joking with a jokester(non hooper) talking about ball?

I'm laughing as I type to you

You farm troll bots take this social net era way too serious

Since when did watching something (eyes) and speaking about it become frowned upon?

Who taught you that?

So you think its genius to not watch something but run to the box score and use my imagination on how those stats were all accumulated thru 48 min.?

What is awful about speaking on a player game/progress

What are you 12 yrs old on here?

Why so serious son (joker voice)?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know that you're not the best or brightest this site has to offer, I'm sure you know that too....but I really shouldn't have to spell this out for you....again.

There's nothing wrong with watching and speaking about it....that's something I do. The difference between me and you is that I'm smart enough to check what I think I'm seeing with what is objectively true to ensure I am actually seeing what I think I'm seeing.

I'm sure if you did bother checking yourself, you'd realize how very little you know about basketball. Maybe that's why you get so upset, the metrics prove that you don't know what you are talking about, so you blame the metrics.

It's not too late for you to learn the game kiddo. You can start turning things around now if you put in the effort.

19. Ancient Moabite

Woodwose calls himself smart and others not so bright

We can meet up anywhere and play one on one or 3pt contest / horse etc for fun or bundle$ (any denomination) and then we can talk about bball afterward and really see who knows their ish about a simple game of bball, trivia match etc

That might be too much effort for you to climb out that man cave(mh) kiddo

Stick to football, bball is not your strong suit

The ts% comes from players showcasing what they do during a game right?

I never said Green was a dead eye shooter or playing consistent or acting like he was the greatest thing since slice bread

He is up and down and developing ala KG/TMac/D Howard etc

His shooting when I watch the games matches his fg% ... He takes silly shots to start games.... He is 80% foul shooter so that keeps things in perspective, a lot diff if he was 60-65 FT %

I Am giving the same treatment for Bari/Cam etc as well, full rook deals to develop

You can post their metrics after we discuss how they are performing and it will match (or in ballpark) what I Am saying for most part for that game etc

You make it seem like I Am praising and saying Green is killing it from 3 and mid range, and then you post his % that says opposite, didn't happen

I have always said he needs to improve % all levels and be more consistent with 5/6 good games out of ten(for now) and Build on that

You are comprehending it wrong by thinking someone is saying a 42%fg and 33% three is tearing it up

I never said that, I fall back and compare him to his past HS draftees, and realize the development process is much diff, but they still play the game and he was given more minutes day one which of course you see more bad in total than coming off bench(imagine Cam starting entire season)

And to me he is on similar trajectory with TMac and others who made that HS leap

I'll take it easy on you if we do 3pt contest

I'll make 4/5 out of 10 to give you a chance........less than my usual 7/8 makes out of 10

My ts% is off the charts

My FT % is even more deadlier ...you would get destroyed in that contest

Let me know kiddo if you want your life savings (lunch $) taken fairly from somebody who knows nothing about bball

That would be really embarrassing ....right?

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

HE_LOOK_OK.JPG

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.