1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Cam a punkass?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 9, 2024.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....the only punkass part of that ejection is Cam letting Ingles get in front of him on a boxout. Would have been far better if Cam had just boxed out Ingles into the first row.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Unless its a Warriors game :eek:

don grahamleone and napalm06 like this.
  3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You can tell he was restraining himself from clocking Ingles in the face. Someone will do it one day.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Cam has to learn from this. You can't let guys like Ingles get under your skin. Washed players like him can only be effective by winning mind games against vulnerable guys like Cam.

#84 A_3PO, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    Williamson, JumpMan and Shark44 like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

No, he's not. I was at the game and saw how it developed.

Ingles immediately started talking **** to Cam. When Ingles inbounded the ball, he waited until the Refs turned to the ball and then pushed Cam and then broke contact quickly. Cam then decided to give him a little payback right after that and got caught.

What was amazing on that same sequence, Mo Wagner was literally driving Jock 10 feet from his block out position and nothing was called.

Ingles is trash. When he first came in the game he pushed Jeff Green in the chest and JG looked at him like he was crazy. He was trying to get Cam kicked out, and the youngest fell for it.

6. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

That's just him not getting punked
    He's saying don't f w me and I'm all for it

When you start getting ejected repeatedly or at critical moments/games then that is concerning.

WestendMassive and BaselineFade like this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Ingles didn't even act like he got punched. You don't think he would flopped like crazy and held his head and milked it.. Literally just pushed him in the back going for a rebound and got ejected because of what happened right before it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Getting ejected means Cam got owned. I hope his head is screwed on tighter next season.

To be clear, it would be different if Ingles was excessively physically abusing him in some way. This was purely a mind game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I hope you're getting enough oxygen up there on your high horse! Leave it to the internet for someone to be a douche in trying to prove that people aren't douches lol.

It's obviously all situational. I'm not trying to imply that, for example, 99% of men are capable of hitting their wives if she said the wrong thing. But the same words said to the same person, maybe even said with the same intent and tone, can have a totally different impact on someone depending on whether it's said at the dinner table or in the middle of a competitive, contact sports match being played at the highest level on the planet... You combine s*** talking with Ingles' subtle cheap shots/elbows, and of course many people, especially kids, are gonna react. And basketball games still aren't the most confrontational environments there are. And Cam didn't even hit him that hard.

However, having said all that, I should have specified 99% of the population is capable of it when you combine the physical component. Very few people are going to just "be the bigger man" when someone's s*** talking AND playing a lil dirty.

#89 SuperMarioBro, Apr 10, 2024
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

LMAO at Cam got owned. the next time they see each other I bet ingles doesn't even attempt to do anything like this. He went home with an L/career on the downside. Yeah someone got owned. The 19 year old kid whose career is just getting started treated the old loser like a nobody and thats after he scored on him. woopty dooo he got ejected after his 2nd technical in a meaningless game. Cam still gets his game check in much less time of work. Yeah owned. Poor Cam. he laughed all the way to the locker room

some of yall really unknowing have that charmin soft mentality and don't even know it.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ingles went fishing. Cam was the fish. He took the bait and got owned. When worthless Joe Ingles dominates your mind, you are the one who is soft.

Yes, the game was meaningless and no harm was done. When they meet up next time, hopefully Cam still isn't carrying a giant chip on his shoulder thinking he has to prove his toughness. He needs a thicker skin. That should come with maturity.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. This is the epitome of someone who thinks soft and tries to act tough and do antics and then cries wolf when they get punked bc they didn’t want to get the reaction

When another human being twice your age tries to punk you which is pathetic in itself bc you got scored on, you don’t get punked. The soft one is the classic old loser initiator. Fake tough guys are some of lamest folks in the world. No you ain’t it. I always laugh when it’s the fake ones that get exposed

funny how we have folks hilariously complaining about Cam and amen’s throat push to kleber was much worse. End of the day neither of them are going to get punked around as they’ve shown

#92 YOLO, Apr 10, 2024
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He's of this new generation so he probably just an emotional kid that can't take the trash talk and little savvy tactics these veterans do.. Eventually Ime needs to address it and get him some organizational help to deal with being a professional.. But for now, I like it..

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is ThatBoyNick a punkass?
    ________

[✓] Likely
    [ ] Unlikely

Rashmon likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If taking a shot at Ingles is wrong, then I don't want to be right. That dude was a punk when he played for the jazz and he's a punk now. I don't know how someone who is so incredibly mediocre can manage to also be overrated.

robbie380, BaselineFade and YOLO like this.
  16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I don’t know man. I’m surprised so many people here endorse throwing cheap shots at opponents (it’s clear he at least swung at Ingles’ head. Whether he hit his head or not I can’t tell).

I mean competitiveness is one thing. But what does throwing cheap shots really accomplish except getting yourself thrown out of the game?

You want to show you are not backing down from anybody? Dunk on him, steal the ball from him, block him. Cheap shots? I just don’t know. But that’s just me.

A_3PO and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like Cam’s aggressiveness, hard-nosed mentality. I buy the shooting, he’s incredibly strong, he’s good at stealing the ball, he’s good at rebounding the ball. And I think the defensive potential is there.

what I don’t like is his court awareness and bball IQ. He’s not the best finisher. Not a good passer or facilitator. He’s extremely far away from playing good team basketball, but is already extremely efficient and effective in his role.

he’s 19!!!!!!! I’m really excited to see the maturation next year. I predict continued progress on the shooting, but what I’ll be looking for is the defense and processing on both sides of the ball. Super excited about his future. I like the dog in him and I trust Ime to keep him focused.

#97 Aruba77, Apr 10, 2024
    AroundTheWorld and BaselineFade like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

can’t disagree; I don’t like dirty players, but I don’t think Cam is dirty, and I make exceptions for cheap shotting former jazz players ;). Plus ingles has taken plenty of his own cheap shots.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This I can agree. I think it’s just a heat of the moment thing. One time does not make him a dirty player.

But please don’t make it a habit. Once you get the bad reputation, it’s not gonna go away easily. We don’t need another Dillon Brooks who gets special treatment from the refs just because.

AroundTheWorld and Aruba77 like this.
  20. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Don't know about "punkass" but did note the terrible body language too. He needs to develop his overall game, not just getting buckets. He's got time