1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Right side of the pic next to Nico's (left) knee

[​IMG]

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have eagle eyes. See it now.

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Looks a lot like Detroit's blue.

Screenshot_20240410-122025.png

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Everything looks like everything lol Jesus!

I guess if we switch to yellow, it’ll look like the Steelers. Or orange, it’ll be the Bengals.

Blatz and houstonstime like this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Right?!?!
    “Omg the blue is dark. Almost black, therefore, it’s the same at the Atlanta jerseys!”

We are about to have 4 New Jerseys. At least one of them has to be white… for all teams… of course there will be some similarities. You have like 10 total colors used by 32 teams created by 2-3 total companies… OF COURSE THERE ARE SIMILARITIES. why does that mean they suck?

Like I’ve said, NO MATTER WHAT, some people will hate these uniforms. It’s a fact. People have different styles for one, but also, you have cynics as well. It’s just going to be that way.

macho GRANDE and red5rocket like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My whole point is calling it H Town blue silly. It's like other blues. The Oilers Blue was lighter and a different shade than all the retro uniforms too.

Screenshot_20240410-140817.png

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't say I hated them. I haven't seen them all. I might like one of them. I said I loved the colors we already had, but I know owners change colors to sell merchandise, and that won't change. I do not like black though, and I really don't like white jerseys with white pants. I don't think you are required to have white pants too. Yeah, I like color mixed in so it's not blah, and yeah, I like blue better than black. So what?

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It’s all opinion and subjective, but I love those Bengals icy whites. I used to love the Oilers wearing all white.

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I know a lot of people like the all-whites and I happen to think it's bland and boring in every instance, but especially with a non-white helmet. It's a matter of personal taste.

As many have stated before, there's going to be 4 completely different looks apparently. I doubt most people like them all and, hopefully, there's at least one that people will like.

red5rocket and MadMax like this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I already like the one I saw…

macho GRANDE and red5rocket like this.
  13. Qan

Qan Member

Can we just make all home game uni battle red, or at least make the red helmet standard?

Red.Glare likes this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Sorry, I wasn’t meaning to call out anyone in particular, just listing some of the comments I had seen. You can like blue more than black, of course, just think the getting mad about them being similar to other colors and styles in the league is going to happen because it’s pretty impossible to not be.

Also, I am not upset with anyone that doesn’t like them, just pointing out that no matter what, people won’t like them. Too many opinions, too many options, there is no way to get it perfect. Some on here love old classic looks, some want flashy and new, some like old colors, some want a change. It’s subjective, let’s just not let it ruin our days.

finally, I think it’s a little disingenuous to say the owners are “changing colors to sell merchandise” we are one of the only teams that hasn’t made a change at all yet, and I would argue that it is more in lining up with our insane culture change than just selling merchandise. New unis or not, that stroud jersey is selling out no matter what. This is a new team, new goals, new life…. They deserve new unis.

15. Clutch City1993

If anyone is interested, Fanatics is doing a flash sale on authentic Battle Red and Deep Steel Blue.

A few normal sizes left but cool to have a rookie Tank or Stroud jersey with them being officially retro now.

Save about $115

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I like the call the all whites "the surrender uniforms". Hopefully we don't see a new version of that one

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We should let this light oiler blue fetish go. And demolish the dome for that matter. That era of football is dead. Let’s make the Texans colors steel blue, battle red, etc…, relevant embracing it and Winning a chip.

JamesC likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't think it's disingenuous. I really don't remember seeing many people complaining about our uniforms at all. I thought the majority of people really liked them. That's why I said in my opinion it's often more of a marketing strategy per say. People who already have the old version of something will often buy the new version, with just about anything. That money makes owners really happy, especially if they can market 4 different versions. Regardless, it's happening, whether people loved the old ones or not. We will all get used to a new identity at some point and time.

To be fair though, not all owners do that. Some teams have tweaked colors a bit, but not made drastic changes in style or colors, and they embrace their identity and don't want to change it.

19. Clutch City1993

According to Mitchell & Ness, the E. Campbell jersey and the W. Moon jersey (two different eras) are actually two different shades.

The Campbell one is lighter

20. J.R.

J.R. Member