1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Seems to me like the Biden administration is making some unspecified level of aid contingent on some unspecified changes in the way the Israel is conducting their operations.

Is this evidence that Hamas is controlling the administration, or is it evidence that they’re trying to manage PR with voters while not rocking the boat too much regarding US foreign policy and our war machine industry? I think it’s the latter.

Xopher and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. trustme

trustme Member

Israel is a murderous terrorist regime. No other way to describe these genocidal maniacs.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think you are right, and I think the Biden administration is wrong for pandering instead of being on the right side of history, and standing with Israel.

tinman likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Go Bibi!

ROXRAN likes this.
  6. trustme

trustme Member

“But October 7th”

7. trustme

trustme Member

Pro genocidal neo Nazi. How does it feel that Germany is on trial for genocide for the second time in 100 years?

I may have figured out why you’re so pro genocide right now. The above tweet makes sense. Second largest arms supplier to Israel. You definitely have investments in German arms companies and are making a killing off it.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i also met helen in davos this year and she is not a dumbass and i also know everyone that gets mentioned in posts, tweets and articles here and i am smarter than all of them and im also in the top 1% tax bracket and i also am an important business person who travels the world and dines with wealthy mexican industrialists and i also went to law school and passed the bar exam and despite a busy life and children i have so much free time on my hands that i can post about american politics on a houston rockets basketball messageboard 24/7 despite the fact that i live in germany which is roughly 8 hours ahead of texas-time yet you can find me posting on here at all hours of the day.

its all true!

trustme and amuro01 like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Correct, at least as it relates to Hamas.

But giving the devil his due, people who believe it is their divine mission to eradicate everyone other than their tribe/sect do exist and will continue to do heinous **** in the service of that aim as long as such brainworms exists.

The question is, what do you do about that? I think history has taught us that you can't win a war of ideas with bombs and bullets. More to the point, throwing the values of your civilization in the toilet and lighting a bunch of money on fire in response to terrorism is a pretty bad idea.

I think the way you truly combat fundamentalist violence is with human prosperity and flourishing. That's not to say you shouldn't defend yourself from immediate threats, because of course you should. Depending on the level and type of threat, we have a military, police/intelligence apparatus, and court system designed for this entire purpose. But long term, this is how you win a war over values and ideals.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Ben Shapiro is really entitled. The USA is not some vassal state for Israel. Indeed, the USA should make their aid to a wealthy country contingent on certain parameters.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am anti genocide, which is why I am anti-Hamas, who are the only ones who are pro-genocide.

tinman and ROXRAN like this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

F.uck the world! F.uck the woke liberals! F.uck Hamas sympathizers! F.uck Hamas! ... it's time to go into Rafah and eradicate the Hamas!

It will be a an exhilarating day when more Islamic demons otherwise known as Hamas goes to Hell

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Dumbest comment on planet Earth. We should limit low IQ folks internet access.

One group can actually commit a genocide and IS POSSIBLY committing a genocide. The other side (Hamas) I agree is probably genocidal but fundamentally incapable of doing any material damage. It's like a high school basketball team saying they can beat a NBA team. An Impossibility, so even mentioning it is a childish and a fantasy claim.

Hamas is nothing more than an animal created by Israel. They are facing what they created. Instead of being humane they have decided to kill everyone in the region making them the same and possibly worse because they are the ones with ALL the power. A sign of cruelty, evil, and inhumane actions by those in power.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Iran is behind all of this and these suckers can’t detect or shoot straight at the f35 stealth fighters we gave to Israel
    @basso
    @AroundTheWorld
    @ROXRAN
    @CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

also heard the US has upgraded and modified the f22 and has not retired it
    America!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People make dumb statements and pretend it's true by the likes they get. Everyone agrees social media is cancer and the folks who retweet garbage are readily the first ones who say it sucks.

I'm back to letting Israel burn until they can nut up and depose Bibi like any other "enlightened Democratic" state. They can deal with Iran, FAFO about their doomsday Existential Crisis fears without our direct help. I rather give all those toys to Ukraine...

We have our own big Baby to deal with come elections.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.