1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Rockets blow game late in Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2024.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Meh, once the Warriors closed the door on us I didn't really care about the rest of the season. I will be satisfied as overall the season was a success. I am looking forward to next season. Would like to hit 40 wins if possible though, cherry on top.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm hoping to end with a winning record, and giving away a win last night was tough to swallow, but agree with your sentiment. This year has already been a win.

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You should care about how they approach these last few games. You want to see improvement, instead it’s the same mistakes over and over again. They are not learning and that’s concerning.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Didn’t really care that we lost other than I think getting to .500 would be nice and this makes it that much harder. Probably should make those free throws. The actual outcome has no impact on the quality of the season which I think has been a success. Certainly as something to build off of. This team healthy next year should be a playoff team. If it isn’t and there aren’t major injuries then that’s when disappointment would be real. For now, the future looks good.

daywalker02 and BaselineFade like this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree with that, it's just hard to care much once eliminated.

6. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Unrealistic expectation much? They have won more games than last year, they were IN more games than last year, their defense has taken a big step. They had an eleven game win streak without their starting center for most of it...they just came within a made free throw to win against a CLEARLY better team (currently) on the road. Mistakes will be made going forward as well, but to say they are not learning, and improving, makes me question ones intellect on the subject...with all due respect.

highpost1388 likes this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Draft Need. A Center that can Shot Block, Rebound and Switch on to Point Guards.

147 Points is Ridiculous

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'll be in the minority, but I thought this was a great game. Losing Amen hurt, but putting 42 on Mavs in Q1 was outstanding.

We fought through adversity in 2nd half, but critical mistake was not fouling on last possession. We should have learned from OKC game.

Hopefully next year we start getting some of the calls other teams get. That was most frustrating aspect besides not fouling at the end.

Sandi and Patience like this.
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Shot blocker who can also guard point guards? That sounds like Hakeem Olajuwon.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hakeem Olajuwon is Once in a Lifetime Center.

African Academy needs to step up and Bring in Groups of Centers to the United States for Tryouts, College Scholarships.

If the Rockets are allowed to have a Academy in Africa. Similar to Astros having a Dominican Academy. It is a Game Changer.

Tall, Mobile, Speedy Centers can be Developed.

11. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

If you told me Amen gets ejected and Jalen has 4 fouls in the first half, I'd gladly settle for an overtime loss. I love the way we competed with "nothing" to play for.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Closest you're getting to that is if Clingan falls to 9, but he projects more as an Walker Kessler type, who can be successful, but he needs good point of attack defenders around him (think Rudy Gobert in Utah vs Minny).

Not a fan of "We need to draft a big man!!! The team is too small!!!!!!" Then not naming who we should go and get.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

SupermanX

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]