1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Apr 6, 2024.

?

Should we trade Jalen this summer?

1. Yes! Trade Jalen and pick for Mikal Bridges

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. No! Keep the team intact and Jalen will play better.

46 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Trade Jalen but for another STAR

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Conclusion: double down hard on Sengun Green two man game next season. Green should replace FVV with the volume of pnr reps with Sengun. Everyone else should be an outlet value around those two.

topfive and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Never said it was "the same" and that wasn't what you initially said either.

All you are doing is moving the goal post.

Next it'll be name a player who did that and has long hair and black painted nails.

No comparison showing that you are wrong and delusional will ever be good enough because you are well....delusional....

It's the reason why ya'll always go to counting stats instead of efficiency. Delusion.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if Stone does decide to trade Jalen this summer while his value is at an all-time high, I hope it would be for another star who is 27 or younger.. or in his prime at the very least. That's going to be hard to pull off unless some star becomes disgruntled this summer (the only one I can think of is Mitchell)

I just think those BKN picks/swaps are too valuable to give up especially now knowing Sean Marks is doubling down on building around Bridges.

Aruba77 likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I honestly still think Brooklyn could find a way to put a half-way decent team on the floor and tread water in the late lotto, but with the open lotto odds and the quality of the 25ā€™ & 26ā€™ drafts, I agree we have to hold onto those picks and swaps. Also those picks/rookie scale contracts will line up well for when we have to start paying our current rookie scale contract guys. But Iā€™m definitely open to moving the 24ā€™ pick if it lands at #9.

topfive likes this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Goalposts? What are you talking about? I said what Green did in March is basically unprecedented for non-superstars. In response, you posted about a guy scoring 30 points a couple times. What Jalen Green did was not a "hot streak." Call me delusional all you want, but both you and Bobby refuse to actually provide anything close to compelling evidence. Your reference to Jennings was dumb, and I'm sorry you don't realize that.

As I mentioned to Bobby, Green averaged 30+ points over the course of 15 games. That just doesn't randomly happen. I can't think of another example of a young guy blowing up like that, then not having good career. Seriously, name one player under 25 who averaged 28+ points over like 15 games and went on to a subpar career. It doesn't happen. It's not "delusion." That's just facts. Oh, and Green was pretty damn efficient during that period, too.

cmlmel77, Easy, harold bingo and 2 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they let him go today for nothing, I'd say it was a bad move.

You fail to understand that not everyone has the shortcoming of being blinded by emotion when it comes to Jalen Green. I don't have those emotional attachments one way or the other and your projection can't change that.

I think, like i said, that they should see if he can start next season looking like he's finally figured it all out....finally figured out how to shoot a basketball. Getting rid of him before that, unless it's a really good deal, would be hasty. I personally think he doesn't have the kind of trade value that would lead to that kind of deal, so that puts me firmly supporting keeping him for now.

7. a time to chill

FVV had one of the best assist to turnover ratios in the league. Making Green the lead ball handler is a recipe for disaster. He's a shooting guard, not a point guard.

HardenReturns and Aruba77 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

That's cool if you think that. This team still should experiment this last few games. And Green should be swapping pnr possessions with FVV with Sengun next season also.

Green for most of the season didn't play a role that naturally could generate assists. With an on ball role his ceiling as an assist generator and hockey assist generator is considerably higher due to his gravity.

highpost1388 likes this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I do think it's worth pointing out that Jalen Green is still a pretty huge outlier. You're right, every guy that has done this has gone on to be great, I don't think an example exists that you're asking for. There's never been a player to do this and then go on to have a bad career. But on the flip side of that, can you find me a stretch of a player who did this while averaging below 20 ppg on the season? Can you find me a 15 game stretch of a guy who did this but also had a negative BPM for the season? Can you find me a stretch of a player that did this while having a TS% that was 3 percentage points lower than league average?

Jalen Green is just a crazy outlier. I don't think we've ever seen a player like this before with such wild swings and such inconsistent play. Every single guy that has ever had a 15 game stretch like Jalen has gone on to be a star. But we've never seen a guy that pulled this off while also having a 50 game stretch to start the season like Jalen did. The situation is really unique. I think we'd have to be crazy to give up on him, no doubt, but I also think it's far from a sure thing. It's just a really really unusual situation.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  10. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I watched a very positive Turkish YouTube podcast on Jalen Green today. Well, it was mostly about Jalen Green but they mentioned Alpi and Jabari, too. They said most of Jalen's struggles are mental and nothing to do with his skillsets. They also mentioned about a statistics about pick&roll and that Jalen's percentages are the best in the NBA...Anyone knows what statistics is that? Or someone please post it here? Thanks in advance!

rockets1995 likes this.
  11. Strawberry Gum

Jordan Poole had very similar stretches before.

I'm not saying Jalen will turn out to be the disappointment Poole has been... but it's a possibility. I'm still skeptical about him.

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

While I don't think he ever quite hit Green's March, he's definitely a valid counterexample.

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  13. isaacjunk

isaacjunk Member

I know this is a tired comparison but Westbrook never developed a shot...what are the odds Thompson can develop Russ-like scoring prowess without a jumper?

14. fchowd0311

I mean Westbrook had pg level handles entering the NBA.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah I'm blinded... o_O

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LInsanity is probably the closest parallel I can think of. But Linsanity is shorter and less spectacular. And Green clearly has more natural tools than Lin. And Green didn't do it in just one hot stretch. He did it in all three seasons, although the previous ones weren't as good as this time.

Jalen is really difficult to grasp. You can't do these stretches without the talent required. But his lows are really low. A guard who shoots lower than 34% from 3 without doing everything else on elite level isn't going to be worth very much. So he has one more season to prove himself that he can be an efficient scorer all season long, and not just a month toward the end.

withmustard likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

SF, PF, C Need Wingspan, Quickness, Shot Blocking

Thankfully Rafael Stone have the Nets Lottery Pick, must find a hidden Star.

Nets Pick Watch is the only Thing to watch around the NBA

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Disagree Jalen Green has similar Skillset to Jamal Murray. It took so many seasons for Jamal Murray to Develop.

Why not Jalen Green handle the ball more, he must take reps. Season is gone. Sengun should not come back.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think a team kickstarting a rebuild with an established star asking out would potentially take a gamble. There's always teams like that popping up every so often, though I couldn't tell you what that team might be this offseason, if any.

No Worries likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jaters are convinced! (Again)

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum and fchowd0311 like this.