1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/7/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2024.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. pippsux

pippsux Member

If I was high I ain’t smoking with your lightweight ass. Probably pass out after one puff.

We haven’t made the playoffs in a couple of years and we struggled to make a gimmicky play in tournament and we couldn’t even do well in the gimmicky in season tournament

Yep, I’m panicked
    Injuries are not an excuse

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think NBA GM's would rather have the Rockets roster or the Suns roster?

I just want to understand your basic knowledge of roster construction

4. pippsux

pippsux Member

You are the kind of fans that are happy with mediocrity and expect everyone to go along with it.

There is no rule that says you have to respond to my comment.

What are you comment police?

Please don’t respond to my comments, I’ll be fine.

If you don’t think we suck and are not the laughing stock of the league, then I question your ability to call anyone dumb or stupid.

My Houston Rocket suck right now because

1. We didn’t make the playoffs, again.
    2. We couldn’t even make the play in.
    3. We couldn’t even do well in the IST
    4. We had an 11 game winning streak that got us to 10th place in the west, then followed it up with a 5 (as of right now) potentially 7 or 8 game losing streak
    5. Serious lack of leadership, when a player who has no leg to stand on professionally and is oft injured, but won’t shut his yap ,gives a team we are chasing ammunition to humiliate us, well.

Get your mediocrity loving fan boy ass of my page. You are not intelligent enough or knowledgeable enough to respond to me

5. fchowd0311

I want to respond to you. Who says I don't?

Mediocracy is having the Rockets record with a bunch 27-35 year old aging stars on bad contracts with no lottery picks of your own to even if you tank you can't get a high draft pick.

There are plenty of teams like that.

Mediocracy isn't a team with 2 of the highest usage players being 22 years and under and 6 out of the 9 man rotation being on rookie contracts hovering around .500.

The Thunder literally had a losing record last season and the entire national media labeled them as a next powerhouse. Why? Because they saw the ages of their best players and saw they were already competitive with all those young players with high usage.

OremLK likes this.
  6. pippsux

pippsux Member

I think you know the answer to that. Suns are going to the playoffs, have a 3 headed monster that in any series can carry them deep.

Rockets have a roster of non proven youngsters and potential in a western conference that has teams ready to compete, right now and the next couple of years.

7. fchowd0311

You sincerely believe a NBA gm would rather be in the Suns position than the Rockets position?

I do know the answer to that. 30/30 GM's would rather be in the Rockets position.

8. pippsux

pippsux Member

We are not close to the Thunder in any way. In order to get there, we can have a conversation about it.

Next season who is gonna consistently play like Chet, SGA and Giddy?

With our current roster I see Sengun and that’s it.
    I can’t fake an enthusiasm for a team that is poorly constructed and is an embarrassment to the rockets organization. (That OT loss to the Mavs after leading by 20 did it for me)

Coach Ime
    Ime has done a very good job taking a 20 win team and making them a 39ish win team. But he has had some bad sub patterns and in game adjustments that have been questionable. Clearly he was rusty, but we definitely have the right coach. B-

GM Stone
    I don’t like the fact he is a Morey carry over and since he has taken over, we are yet to make the playoffs or not even close. I think he should be on the hot seat next season. Stats matter, and he has not had us in the playoffs since he has been GM.
    D-

#768 pippsux, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

you lost me at giddey; replace him with williams

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

I mean you are showing your casual nature by referencing Giddey instead of JDub.

Giddey has struggled for a bit this season.

SGA is between FVV and Green/Sengun.

You think 25 year old Sengun and Green are the same players as today?

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Such a frustrating loss. This was our game to take.

12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Jabari has an industrial fridge embedded on his chest.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This team is still too young to understand professional basketball. I understand we're already a slim chance of getting into the play-in, but this is your normal typical situational basketball crap that you should know at the end of games. You foul so they don't get the 3....common sense.

I don't know if Ime has to be harder on these kids or if the vets need to step their ass up and be vets. Ime's defense that he is normally known for is **** now.

There's a lot of ?s going into the offseason on what direction this team is going now with bringing on 2 more young players from the draft (if Stone doesn't make any trades).

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We lost to a team with legitimate championship pedigree on the road in overtime without our best player. We came in with no real chance to make the playin and Amen (one of the real reasons for the streak) getting kicked out of the game. We are on our way to perineal contender status and have incredible flexibility to make moves. Lots of immature fair weather fans around here.

Rocketeer likes this.
  15. pippsux

pippsux Member

my responses are highlighted in bold

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. pippsux

pippsux Member

So you think Williams will have a better career in the long run? Cause I don’t know why you are lost. Williams is a fantastic player, but unless he goes to another team, I don’t see him reaching his full potential playing along side SGA.
    Giddey’s game is more predicated on playmaking, which tells me he will have a longer overall career.

I swear y’all don’t actually watch games, just see a dude dunk hard a couple of times and y’all ready to blow your load:p

Giddey will have a better career in the next 5 years than Williams. BOOK IT!!!!!!

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

We are going to struggle defensively with Jock Landale being our only true center. Sengun may not be an elite rim protector, but he's more important to our defense than people gave him credit for.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our next season is not gonna be like this season's Thunder.

We don't have an MVP level player and I don't see Sengun making that leap that quickly. Jdub is borderline all-star level player and Jalen hasn't shown he can be consistent enough over 82 games to have that same output. Amen while being good is not comparable to Chet either.

Expecting us to be a top 1,2,3 seed next season is just not realistic.

OremLK likes this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Switch everything is not the sole problem, it’s when to switch, when to double team etc. But yeah, switching everything regardless of who’s defending and who’s the offensive player is just not working. We also have poor awareness as a team or it’s that they stick to the switch everything and schemes too close. I’ve seen great 3pt shooters left wide open and especially on that game tying one, it’s just unacceptable to have all these guys defending as if they will go for a 2 pointer.