1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/7/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well to be honest I'm not blaming the players I'm blaming the coach. The coach had a good plan the players executed that game plan and they got a 20 pt lead.

And then the Mavs adjusted and Ime didn't know what to do. The Mavs started trapping and doubling Jalen and he cooled off. OTH they expected Brooks and Jalen to lock up Luka and Irving 1on1...bruh. Not fouling at the end is the cherry on top like why even let Mavs bring the ball half court? Just foul immediately and get the ball back it was so simple smh. Ime got flat outcoached by Kidd.

As for Jabari specifically dude looked like a total bust last year. I don't care about his clutchness I'm just happy he improved so much in 1 yr and will likely improve even more given he is only 20 yrs old.

Sonicbun8 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

He got thrown out for elbowing someone in the neck.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agreed on ime overall and the play in question -- after bullock secured the rebound on the baseline my immediate thought was coach should call a TO right now so we can advance the ball to the frontcourt AND sub in the FT shooters. instead coach froze up and did nothing, then had to waste his last TO in order to advance the ball and kept jabari on the floor when he has a history of bricking clutch FT's smh

also in the 3rd Q the camera panned to ime smiling and patting up the lead zebra, who had been fuccking us for 2 straight quarters..... smh

daywalker02 and roslolian like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Just watched.

Can someone please tell me why in the world they did not immediately wrap the dude up on the inbound pass for a foul that would have wrapped up the game???!!!

SMH

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Also a late watcher of the game today...look, I know people are gonna get on Jabari for missing the free-throws, and that's fair, but I'm more disappointed in our VETERAN, CHAMPIONSHIP POINT GUARD who's famous for being steady for missing one of his.

I wish we didn't collapse in OT, but it is what it is. I just want to see some good performances from our young fellas in the last few games

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets never learn lesson from loss.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's quite fitting to have this season's longest losing streak following the longest winning streak.

J.R. likes this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

So should we expect anything special on fan appreciation day on Tuesday...?

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

5 turnovers I stand corrected. 8 assists.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

yeah an empty arena. awkward timing tbh. tickets shouldn't be higher than 10 bucks.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

A lump of DOGSHIT.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should be the last Home Game.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They’re giving away free used eclipse glasses to the first 327 fans that walk through the gates

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is the nicest offer I have heard of in years.

MadMax likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Harden resting copy.jpg

17. pippsux

pippsux Member

Thanks
    I grew up on that era of wrestling and for the life of me I don’t remember him slapping Andre. I do remember him turning face before he died

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

They did? How did they do?

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

Takes one to know one.
    If you don’t have a constructive response except an insult I’ve got one. You go outside and find the biggest rock and go kick.

translation: Go kick rocks

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is there to be constructive of?

Your take had no meat in it? It was just a claim of a depressing future where every neutral non rocket NBA analysts believed rh complete opposite.

You don't justify any claims to the comment I replied to. What do you want me to rebut?

Your take is stupid. If you want to break down why you believe what you believe then I can be more precise in explaining why it's stupid.

So elaborate and I'll explain to you why it's stupid.