1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Apr 6, 2024.

?

Should we trade Jalen this summer?

1. Yes! Trade Jalen and pick for Mikal Bridges

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. No! Keep the team intact and Jalen will play better.

46 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Trade Jalen but for another STAR

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The best thing about this thread is how ridiculously self-centred it comes across "I have finally lost faith in Jalen" literally weeks out from him being the best player in the NBA for a month? And you think because YOU feel that way he now has to be traded? Nah, we should trade your fandom to a different team and keep the player who's shown the highest ceiling of all of our youth so far by a country mile. That's a way more logical solution tbh.

Stephen_A, jcmoon, Carpe82 and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have lost faith in @CHAMPBOY being a reasonable evaluator of talent and progress of a NBA player.

Stephen_A and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

How do you trash someone all season then lose faith in them?

Os Trigonum, Stephen_A and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If you buy Jalen’s March stretch of 40% 3pt shooting (despite shooting far below average the rest of the season, including so far in April), then you have to hold onto him for next season. Even if you don’t buy the shooting like me, given the improvement in every other part of his game, and the “star potential”, there’s a strong case to be made for seeing what he does next season. At this point I think you only trade Jalen this offseason if it’s part of a package for a star player. His transition to playing more winning type basketball was enough to change my mind and give him more time. I’m betting it took the first half of the season for Ime’s coaching to set in. But if he can’t improve his shooting, he’s not going to be a good fit with Amen and Sengun. Jalen needs to be in the gym with Ben Sullivan shooting all offseason. We can’t have another year of 33% 3pt shooting from our shooting guard, I don’t care how many highlight dunks.

#64 Aruba77, Apr 7, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Hey "sniper"

Still here... When did I do this???

I've said 42 wins since before the season.

Search option is there.

Would love to hear what you're talking about.

6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I have been rooting for Jalen since the day we drafted him but when I start watching him play against competitive teams and non competitive teams I notice he cannot shoot. Being a volume shooter is not going to help this team with Sengun being doubled while Amen on the court. I love the dunks, his speed and agility on the court but things are getting serious about winning next year. Jalen’s Field Goal % average in the last three years?
    42%….45% is usually the cutoff. I hope Jalen can play and SHOOT well against Dallas today but THE NUMBERS DON’T LIE

Tankeio, clos4life and HardenReturns like this.
  7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen is going to want the MAX….we cannot PAY all of these guys on the team, there is too much talent. If we trade Jalen, Dillion and picks for a Star? Donovan Mitchell! Donovan Mitchell, Sengun and Jabari would be the Big 3 ….we would be like OKC with SGA, CHET AND JALEN WILLIAMS! He could be a top 4 teams in the west next year. Cleveland would take Jalen, Dillions and picks …….they would

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This dude made this thread yesterday? What in the ****? I thought this was a rehash thread from 3 months ago.

We’re like 2 games removed from NBA player of the month discussion, the fickleness amongst this fan group with young player is astoundingly awful.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the rockets would never make that trade, thats an overpay. Why would you trade a younger talent whos ceiling is just as high or higher than mitchell….

mitchell would get us to the playoffs… top 4? Not so sure about that.

11. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Why Bridges? Bridges has had a worse season than Jalen arguably. Bis value has plummeted.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm starting to think folks on here have never watched games thats located outside the city limit..

fchowd0311 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Trade Jalen but for another STAR"

Jalen for Kyrie, straight up. discuss.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

the discourse around Jalen would be a lot different without March. Cause April Jalen looks like he's back to being pre-March Jalen.

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Y’all dumb. Whole defense of opponents relies on making him a passer and not a scorer yet he still makes some big buckets. If he had anything remote to favorable whistle he would be sitting at 30+ today

I can’t stomach Bari though. He yaps so much yet fumbles every time there is a pressure

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

If you watched tonight's game and thought he's the same Jalen as before you are just unhinged gaslighting at this point. Everything other than his shot is significantly worlds apart compared to the beginning of the season especially with making the right passes off doubles.

Why don't you stfu

#76 fchowd0311, Apr 7, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
    Rocketeer, javal_lon and bmelo like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Absolutely atrocious whistle. Green would have 10 fta if he had Luka's whistle.

bmelo likes this.
  18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen played a good team today and his FG % and 3-point % was 40% and 28.6% respectively…..he is a very good player but not a good shooter…maybe we can shift his position to POINT GUARD? He had 8 assists and 6 rebounds…oh wait 5 turnovers…

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I would argue that he needs to be utilized more as a playmaker. We have seen this growth in this area the past 2 years. He needs the ball more in hands simply. If he can be an elite playmaker and continue to improve on playing through contact then that can make up for shooting. Players like Morant and Fox aren’t great shooters yet still effective as playmakers and scorers.

jcmoon and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

Agree. Wanted to see the ball in Green's hand more than FVV.

It's time for FVV to take more of backseat.

Stephen_A likes this.