1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rank the core 6 in order of keeper priority

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We’ve had 3 seasons to evaluate Jalen and Sengun. 2 with Bari. 1.25 seasons with Tari. And one season with Cam and Amen.

How do you rank the core 6 in order of keeper priority?

I have:
    1). Amen
    2). Sengun
    3). Cam
    4). Tari
    4). Bari
    6). Jalen

Rinaldi, tagedieb, OremLK and 3 others like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1) Sengun

2) Tari
    3) Amen

3. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

1)sengun
    2)jabari, amen, cam, tari
    3)jalen

Corrosion likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jorge

topfive, B-Bob and Snow Villiers like this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Jalen
    Sengun
    Amen
    Tari
    Bari
    Cam

Based on star power if they hit their ceiling.

Bo6, justinh and shafted1 like this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Based on 3pt shot %:

Jabari
    Tari
    Cam
    Jalen
    Alpi
    Amen

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jabari's monster rebounding has gotten away from him......not sure if that is the lengthy grind.....

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

A) Amen
    B) Jabari
    C) sengun
    D) cam whitmore/ tari eason

This is a 3pt league. I'm hoping Amen can develop a respectable 3 pt shot. If he can do that the kid will literally be unstoppable ala Luka and Harden.
    Jabari I truly believe will eventually be a consistent sniper and has the instincts to excell on both ends of the floor. 3pt league and already has the ability to be our best shooter.
    Tari will be our 6th man. I just don't think he possesses the court vision to ever be anyone to make the right decisions at the right time. Going to be an insanely good role player though.
    I love Sengun but it really isn't easy building around the guy. He's another one of those guys that doesn't have the length that most Centers need. He does have an extremely high IQ however and a strong work ethic. I'm hoping he figures it out.
    Cam is just special. His health does concern me. We'll see where he's at by next season. He is already a better spot up 3 pt shooter than Jalen was his rookie year. If he can stay healthy and continue to improve he will take over the starting 2 spot real soon.

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

1. Sengun
    1. Jalen
    1. Bari
    1. Tari
    1. Amen
    1. Cam

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is very simple for me, only 3 people have shown they can carry an offense largely unassisted in the future:

1 Sengun
    2 Jalen
    3 Amen

These 3 are not going anywhere. Their potential points to being a star in their mid 20's which is a practically impossible thing to sign or acquire on the market and there are no champions without it. You can have all the picks and cap space in the world and not be able to acquire that guy at that age.

4 Cam
    5 Jabari
    6 Tari

Tough to rank these guys so low, on other young teams they would be top 3. That's why I rate our core so highly. Easy for them to overtake one of the top 3.

Cam could easily make the jump, he's 19 with an excellent development environment for his first season. Jabari and Tari just need to improve their shooting and strength.

kjayp, arabrocket, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Sengun
    Jalen
    Amen
    Jabari
    Cam
    Tari

kjayp and justinh like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

14. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Tari may not have the highest ceiling, but his skillset is hard to find. He is also one of the more impactful players. Some of you áre sleeping on him.

Hard Rock, cml750, tycoonchip and 4 others like this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be clear, I'm back to "wait and see" on Jalen and I think it would be a mistake to trade him without getting a young star back (or at least a guy at the fringe like, say, Desmond Bane). I don't particularly want to see any of our young core traded at this point. That said:

1. Alpi -- already a fringe-all star talent, good chance for more.
    2. Amen -- highest ceiling on the team, already an elite roleplayer
    3. Jabari -- already a good roleplayer in a hard-to-find, easy-to-fit archetype, future elite roleplayer
    4-6: Three-way tie between Jalen (wildly inconsistent but flashes All-NBA ceiling), Tari (potential elite roleplayer if healthy), Cam (flashes All-Star ceiling, super young and many unknowns at this point)

kjayp, clutchdabear and Easy like this.
  16. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

That's probably due to not playing with Sengun, not having the box-out from sengun.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd probably swap Sengun and Amen - but more a 1a/1b situation.

And agree with the rest of your list.

I love Tari but health is seemingly a big issue.

18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

1-2 Sengun, Amen. Keep for sure.
    3-4 Bari, Tari.Keep but can be tradeble
    unranked: Cam. Too early to say anything
    unranked: Green. Wait and see which category he goes in. I am expecting him to join Sengun and Amen but cannot say keep for sure now. If I had to make a decision now, I would keep him like amen and sengun.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well said. Exactly how I feel.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Keeper priority is tough for me as it isn't just who you think will be the best player going forward. Rockets aren't going to be able to have 6 rookie max deals.

1. Amen
    2. Sengun
    3. Jalen
    4. Jabari
    5. Tari
    6. Cam

I'm not real confident I have a good order. I see Sengun and Amen likely ending up as one or the other. Sengun is the safer pick as he's already really good. Amen is having the best rookie season of 6. Jalen, at times he looks like the best of six and the best going forward, but he's had too much of being the worst of the 6 to rank any higher. Jabari..not sure if he will get a max or close to it. Right now, I'm expecting a little less than a Cam Johnson like contract which makes him more of a keeper. Tari...similar to Jabari. Cam...think he's going to either not going to pan out as a star, near star or require a lot of money that is already spent on other guys.