1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Stefon Diggs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 3, 2024.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I get what you're saying, and largely agree with it. The bigger point is that, I feel like Diggs's contract was easily cuttable, and therefore, he was Nico insurance. By lessening his contract right now, you have no insurance if Nico goes.

That's odd to me. Especially because Diggs's deal was pretty team friendly as a number one, and as a 1a or 1b to Nico, it was affordable with a QB on a rookie contract.

But I do trust Nick. It just seems odd.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Texanstradamus

Can draft a WR in 2025 if he leaves

ROCKSS and raining threes like this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

There was never insurance. Is Diggs playing on that deal next year? I don’t think so. He would be “holding in” and demanding a new deal. I don’t think anything has changed.

I don’t think Nico is going anywhere btw.

TheFreak, ROCKSS, JHarden713 and 3 others like this.
  5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’ve said multiple times, I am unsure on the locker room side.. obviously doesn’t worry me as much as you, but I didn’t say I was fine with that.. I am, however perfectly fine with his on field ability.. maybe his stats weren’t a top 10 last year, but overall he is a top 10 WR.. if you wanna put 10 guys in front of him that’s fine, but we just disagree there.

let’s just be happy this offense is looking like a juggernaut either way.

cbass, JHarden713 and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That last part is accurate. I’m pumped about the overall offensive firepower.
    I like Diggs the player, just hope he can accept being a part of something and not “the” something

houstonstime likes this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Good lord, anyone calling out your skewed portrayals of players you like and don’t like is insufferable… of course.
    You ranked Puka ahead of Diggs because he had a great rookie year.
    But if I table CJ ahead of Allen, or let’s say every other QB except Mahomes and Allen, then it’s this insufferable nonsense..

it wasn’t meant to be an actual claim… it’s just showing you how you just hone in on your narrative and everyone else is “insufferable”

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

My favorite thing about this forum is how many people know more than Caserio. I learn so much, maybe I’ll be a GM one day.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No you incorrectly compared the logic.
    I had Puka around 10 because he had a historic season.
    You put CJ at 2 because of a historic season.

Allen is and has been a much higher ranking player at his position than Diggs had ever been.

And spare me my “skewed portrayal”, the only thing skewed is your takes. You have no objectivity. Literally multiple people in this thread saying the same thing as me, and have said it before we even traded for Diggs. Multiple national pundits saying the same thing as well, but I’m skewed? Shut up man.
    I’m not gonna do this thing where you bring up my CJ takes every time we disagree, I’ll take my track record over anyone here.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Then when Stefon ***** the bed, Jimmie will just get his number back. Good for Jimmie....$100k richer and your number back in 2025. :)

Fulgore likes this.
  11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Bahaha you shut up. I never once mentioned your horrid take on CJ because I shared a lot of it. Stop taking out your issues with multiple posters out on the one in front of you right now.

your takes may not be skewed, but once you decide how you feel about them it is you who lacks any objectivity and skews all your lists and stats to support them.

enjoy your track record, I have no idea what mine is because I change my thoughts on players and deals objectively. Hell, I even agree with you on a lot of posts. But you think everyone that has a different view is out to get you so you go in attack mode then get pissy when people react back.

keep being smarter than everyone else. Guess we’ll just see how it plays out. I forgot this is a sports forum where we can’t enjoy nice things.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Typical response. You bring up skewed portrayal, insinuating CJ in another post.

I literally haven’t said how anything would play out. I said I was excited about Diggs and pumped about the offense. But because I have reservations about his locker room presence, because he’s been a turd with a top 2-3 QB now it’s skewed?
    He wasn’t a top 10 guy last year, that is facts. He don’t have a 100 yd game his last 13 games last season. That is facts.
    Maybe he isn’t on the decline, but you’re the only one with a skewed take. He wasn’t a top 10 guy last season. He’s not a top 10 guy currently. He’s not the best WR on this team. He’s been a malcontent.
    These are undeniable.

With the talent around him, he doesn’t need to be the guy now. So he should do well. But is he going to b**** and moan like usual when Nico or Tank get more targets? That is a very real concern.

Mr. Dominant and houstonstime like this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Can't believe anyone is upset about losing an *extra 2nd round pick. Even if its for 1 year. They moved down a few sots in this year's draft and got Stefon Diggs in return. That's is an easy win. Would do it 10/10 times.

Fyreball, Pistol Pete, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Jimmie probably out of the league after 2024.

ROCKSS and Astrodome like this.
  15. King713

King713 Member

The restructuring makes perfect sense to me. His guaranteed money was up after next season. He was not playing on that contract after next season. Thus making the previous contract a 1 year deal anyways. The Texans clearly wanted him but also are a little guarded against his potential decline and potential locker room problems. So instead of giving him an extension to give him more guarantees, you do this and hope he locks in. If everything checks out, they’ll sign him next offseason.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think this (bolded) is really the main area of disagreement, most of the rest is either facts as you stated or just feelings and guesses and concerns.

I honestly don’t mean to get nasty with you, I can over react sometimes, but dude, I never bring up cj to bash your take on him.. that’s some of the other posters. If you go back, I’m the one that agreed with you on cj and especially the Ohio state part, but we were wrong and enjoying the hell out of it.

I just think you mistook my reason for bringing up CJ and we both got nastier and nastier. My bad.. just excited.

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  17. raining threes

I wouldn't worry about this. Caserio will leverage them against each other and the money will be there for one of them to re-sign. Both want to play with Stroud.

red5rocket and Two Sandwiches like this.
  18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39875292/texans-wipe-final-three-seasons-stefon-diggs-deal

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I love how valuable a 2nd round pick all of a sudden is but when you break it down to what it really is it's not really all bad. The first round pick that got us the 2nd was a 1/3 of the first round picks we got for watson. Dissecting that further, this 2nd round pick was half the 2nd round picks we got for that 1st.
    Lastly if he doesn't perform well, we will all be glad he is gone and if he performs well then there is no guarantee he won't resign. Just enjoy this season and stop letting the what ifs of the future ruin a great get.
    Not only that but they got a 5th and 6th rounder not to mention a compensatory pick if he leaves next year

rhino17 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair man. My bad for taking it that way.
    And I am excited about Diggs, little less excited with the restructuring but I trust Nick and Demeco. On paper we look like a juggernaut

houstonstime likes this.