1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Oct 17, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's the end game but he has to be on the court first.

He made a mistake, there's no denying that.

clos4life likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I liked the Tmac of Greece better.

[​IMG]

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Good point. What kind of person sacrifices $60M to punch his girlfriend?

A sociopath with zero impulse control skills, that's who. Not an "immature" kid.

AroundTheWorld, clos4life and GOATuve like this.
  4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

He'll never be back in the NBA. He's blown every chance given to him.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is what I believe will happen.

No one really cares about any of this, the NBA pretends to care then as things quiet down they let them back in - same thing here.

Hell this country doesn't care we have a guy that literally said "Grab em by the p***y" and has been accused of 26 sexual assaults running for President and people bend over backwards to overlook all of that.

Some of you might care, but the majority don't as soon as he hits his first basket and helps his team win, all of that is out the window and people will be buying his jersey and cheering him on.

People love a good comeback story, and don't care about transgressions at all.

That is just the way the world works now, I guess.

So all of this, he will never be back stuff, IMHO, is nonsensical and not based in real world situations.

DD

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's certainly within the realm of possibility, it's the timeline people disagree with.

Just to be clear, when do you think he will be back in the NBA (even if just doing a minimum contract)?

7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I think one thing people are forgetting: kpj sucks. He showed some promise as a potential solid bench player but certainly never showed he could be a starter or anything close to that. If bridges as a player was the same as kpj, he would not be in the league most likely

8. DaDakota

I honestly don't know, but I would guess, he will try to seek a TC invite this offseason - and I suspect someone will offer one - I could see the Lakers, or the Spurs for instance.

KPJ and Wemby would be a great lob threat.

I would have never traded him would have waited for it all to die down, we weren't winning anything this year anyway, and I would have let IME see him, and see if it was worth keeping him.....and if Ime wanted him gone, would have cut him.....

DD

#148 DaDakota, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Nobody cares about domestic violence? That's news to me.

How you defend this idiot is mind boggling

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. DaDakota

He pled guilty to a misdemeanor.

Clearly you care, so I can assume that you are bothered by Trump and his 26 sexual assault cases, or his being found guilty of SA on a person in NY and forced to play more than 100m in fines to her?

My point is, yes, it seems no one cares....unfortunately, oh, they care in the moment, but 6 months later....nope.....no one cares.

Just look at it historically in all sports....has a misdemeanor plea ever ended someone's career?

I am not defending him, just saying that someone will take a risk - I have no clue what he did that night and neither does anyone here, and his plea deal implies a very weak case for the prosecution.

DD

#150 DaDakota, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  11. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Trump is trash too just like KPJ.

Yes, I'll still care about domestic violence. I'm assuming nobody in your family has experienced it (and thankfully that hasn't happened) but it's ugly.

I have to honestly ask why did you bring up Trump to defend KPJ? Who cares about Trump? Certainly not myself. Seems like a weak deflection point

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't forget, a jury found OJ not guilty. Which of course means that nothing at all happened and he's just got some growing up to do.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can we let this thread die?

How much more hole digging does DD need before he feels comfortable?

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Dd is a ****ing moron. Yep.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Truly. This guy is one of the biggest **** posters on the Internet.

Trump and KPJ both suck. **** takes is just making excuses for KPJ just like 30% of the country does for DJT.

Jalen Green is better right now than Kevin Porter ever was, and I truly believe that is largely because KPJ was out of the way.

How Trump or baby mommy quotas register VS domestic violence is truly telling. He can’t move off his bullshit.

I’ve got a theory…. KPJ benefitted from being under and mismanaged as a rocket. This caused him to look somewhat decent at times. His (lack of character) and (future) bad decisions will blend poorly with his hero ball style, and he won’t have much of an NBA career if any going forward.

Again, anyone that can’t realize that his girlfriend backed off of her claims for money and “love” is in denial.

**** take score =9.2

IBTL likes this.
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

DD disapproves. According to him, Jalen looked ok last two seasons because KPJ made him look good. What’s sadder is there were posters liking his take.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/chapter-7-exit-stage-left.322160/#post-15036436

**** take score 200.92

IBTL likes this.
  18. Ancient Moabite

So let me make sure I inner stand you

On one hand you think a combo guard who knocked up a said Thot/GD is a red flag and bad judgment and should be traded for that and before that for whoever else (lamelo etc).....

But you would have held on to a player who allegedly attacked his sig. other and has a track record going back to HS/College of conduct detrimental to the team.....where the Rockets had to discipline him for leaving the arena after almost or scuffling with the coach staff???

Now if you switch the players scenario you would be ******** all over Green for doing g that to his sig. other with the track record attached

That sounds bout right...or no??

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It don’t gotz to make sense when dyou done posted over 100k. Almost all ****.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

He's going to die on the KPJ hill. Doesn't matter what that idiot does. Probably will have one of his Greece jerseys