1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Aware

Aware Member

Tramon Mark had an excellent season.
    He became a big time scorer and will likely make more money with another transfer. He made the right choice.

As for us, assuming LJ and Jwan are coming back, i think we still need one more guy to transfer if we are bringing in a pg. Ryan was a walk on and i dont think counts against the scholarship limit.

So we had 13 guys on scholarship
    Shead is declaring and Dunn is transferring so that puts us at 11. Add the 2 player 24 class and we're back to 13.

Someone is not coming back.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Damn we didn’t even crack top 10.

y’all some cheap bastards man.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have some differing thoughts on the Tramon Mark decision :) He had some good numbers on a truly awful team.

seemoreroyals, YOLO and Nook like this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Hopefully they can find a good playmaker and just someone who can dribble in the portal. Not mentioning any names, but there were too many Stanleys out there when Shead wasn’t on the floor.

[​IMG]

seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. MadMax

It’s coming, I think.

dc rock likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup tramon made a horrible decision basketball success wise. For him it became about purely money. That’s on him if it’s his main priority. UH doesn’t go crazy with NIL but it’s not like they are bottom barrel either

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not sure if you watched him play this year but I’d say he definitely has some regrets with the amount of frustration I saw game to game. Especially coming from a winning program like UH and then bottoming out to a mess at Arkansas this past year.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Not that I was a big fan of it, but Arceneaux was playing the 4 spot in his first two seasons.

I'd prefer a bigger lineup but Sampson likes TA at PF. Probably because he's a good offensive rebounder.

9. aelliott

Anyone seen the speculation about Wade Taylor IV to UH?

Not sure he'd really leave A&M and not sure that he's a Sampson style guy but I keep seeing posts about it.

10. MadMax

His bank account may be grateful. My wife grew up in Little Rock and we watch more than we should of Arkansas hoops. He didn’t look happy

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah I make an effort to follow guys like Caleb and tramon who had significant roles before transferring. Caleb was before NIL but he was never the same caliber player since he left. His best time was Memphis this past year since UH but ended with a devastating injury. Florida st was a disaster for him.

MadMax likes this.
  12. MadMax

Because it’s a lot about my son and my son is a massive UH fan and we coach tournament ball together I just have to say I’m head coach of a team this season which I haven’t done for quite a while and my team plays Saturday and Sunday and I’m screaming into the void to say holy crap I love this game and the kids I’m lucky enough to coach and there isn’t another forum I’d spew this into so thank you goodnight! And go Coogs!

Aware, seemoreroyals, solid and 2 others like this.
  13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

#9453 Madmanmetz, Apr 4, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

15. aelliott

The rumor is that Dedan Thomas, UNLV PG, will be transfering to UH. Houston recruited him hard and thought that he was going to sign out of hs last year. Hopefully, it's true, he's a good player.

seemoreroyals and Madmanmetz like this.
  16. MadMax

Yes I am seeing and hearing

aelliott likes this.
  17. MadMax

also yes

aelliott likes this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hope your team wins.

MadMax likes this.
  19. MadMax

Thank you!

solid likes this.
  20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

That's good news if true. I remember him visiting at some point but I never heard we were close to getting him. I wonder what his pops thinks. Maybe he watched Shead and realized he needed this level of coaching.

I am going to miss Shead. like I posted mid season the team was going to be dependent on how far Shead took them. I believe if Shead doesn't roll that ankle they could and would have made the finals. Whoever decides they want to join this culture no doubt coach and staff will vet them.

seemoreroyals and solid like this.