1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Can't believe how close we were to a rematch with NCState. Can you imagine the hype?

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Would've loved watching Phi Slama Jama highlights non-stop, but the highlights of Lorenzo Charles dunking the damn ball would make me puke enough times to turn the tv off.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. VanityHalfBlack

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Banger of an article from Duarte today:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...0ZWE1LTlmZjEtYjI4NTJhNmJjNWFj&sharecount=MA==

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

How many roster spots are we expecting to have open? We only have 2 signees,

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. Aware

Aware Member

Roster spots depend on what LJ, Mylik and Jwan do.
    Mylik said he wanted to come back but it sounded like that was up to the staff. LJ and Jwan have spots if they want them.

Were going to need someone to transfer if those 3 are coming back

10. Aware

Aware Member

I think Arcenoux or Ramon Walker is going to leave.

Both are very much behind Sharp and we're bringing in another wing from IMG. Aint no way a dude from that program is going to sit out a year or be a the third option.

11. Aware

Aware Member

The staff will be ready. I'm not tripping.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My son heard from someone at 31 Flavors last night that TA is being advised by someone close to him to move on.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Neither TA or walker are leaving. TA is the immediate 6th man of this team and that role isn’t changing unless he breaks out to be a starter. Coming back from the anchilles injury I wouldn’t expect that to happen overnight.

14. Aware

Aware Member

Sucks it didnt work out with Dunn but i'm sure he can be a big time scorer again in a lower league

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Shead is gone. Dunn is gone. Ryan is gone

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

EM is the leading candidate to leave Arkansas and take the USC job.

A shitty year for Arkansas. Wonder what Tramon is thinking these days leaving for NIL money and now that program with a ton of questions going forward

17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Coach likes to groom his point guard. I wonder if Jefferson is who he plans to lockdown with Shead moving on. A little bit of tape I've been able to find on Jefferson he seems to have a good court vision and a decent handle. They probably need to stop gap for this coming season but Jefferson could get some minutes backing up.

If Roberts comes back they can lower his minutes because Tuggler is going to be ready for much more.

Dunn leaving is very replaceable with Terrence and Ramon. Personally I hope Wilson stays I think he's highly underrated. His cutting is something we seem to lack. Plus his defense is too tier and we're going to need that after losing Jamal. Sometimes you need someone to come in and slow the other team's best guy down.

I'm more concerned about us losing two coaches than any of the players other than Jamal.

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Sad for Dunn, but it was probably in both parties' best interests to move on.

We can afford to lose Walker or TA, but if the bleeding stops here, we're in great shape.

Gotta get that ball dominant guard though. Until that hole is plugged this is a battleship without a rudder.

#9438 DonnyMost, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Wilson's defense has improved a lot but his handle and shooting haven't really come online for us. We need that to change.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I doubt he has any regrets. He got the bag and he got all the extra shots he could ask for.

Aware likes this.