1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Oct 17, 2023.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

people need to realeyez kevin is not to blame here, his ophthalmologist is. if he/she had simply run the basic test for determination of whether or not EVERLAST is burnt into kevin's cornea, then he wouldn't be tryin to punch out whole world around him. kevin actually has a clear case of malpractice here i predict he gonna finally get that bag after all

Invisible Fan and clos4life like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is hilarious--the dude is literally playing in Greece because nobody else wants him. Even bottom-feeders like Washington aren't going to touch him with a ten foot pole now. But DD still thinks we should be the one team to give him a chance... again... after he attacked a woman and repeatedly spat in the face of the franchise that gave him an opportunity to save his career with his atrocious behavior.

Keep f***ing that chicken, DD

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Information asymmetry. The front office knows more about Kevin's behavior than the fans. They don't want him back for virtually free.

We have the option of synthesizing this fact as evidence of truly poor behavior, or we have the option of thinking that we are smarter and more informed than everyone else.

TimDuncanDonaut and topfive like this.
  4. TheJet

TheJet Member

I stopped reading closely after I saw "I don't think anything he has done is all that bad".

Even if you ignore the legal snafu the immature and unprofessional behavior we all saw during his Rockets tenure alone should raise flags (and they did).

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The guy is now playing in Greece. Why the hell are we still talking about this ex-Rocket?

I don't give a **** about this individual. We moved on and so has he.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Because he's a Rockets legend.

HardenReturns likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - It's ok to disagree fellas....
    DD

vince likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Old contract for this year: $15,860,000
    New contract for this year: $ 10,000

This is not a very smart dude.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think its about getting back on the court more so than $$.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld, Easy and napalm06 like this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's always about money.

Ancient Moabite and topfive like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

My point was that his punching his girlfriend cost him more than $15M, plus legal fees.

What a clueless dumbass.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

And still to be determined future earnings as well because even if he managed to make it back to the NBA next season (miracle needed such as DD becoming an NBA GM), that first contract would be for the minimum at best, maybe not even guaranteed.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

This is also assuming the rockets would have made the idiotic move of picking up his option. Then again they made the idiotic trade for him and the even more idiotic contract extension so who knows!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah some GM on a veteran team will want to add his talent for a no risk minimum contract.....that is how he gets back.

DD

16. Ancient Moabite

No doubt it is ok, that's what keeps perpetual content (disagreeing) on this forum

i Just think what most are amused about for most part is how one second you go biblical and say those are casting stones etc....

Then on other hand you say this chick is a Thot/Golddigger from the same hearsay media outlets, and claiming they need to trade this player,........ To now month later saying build around him, knee jerking at its finest

But you believe the Thot / JG BM stories but you don't believe the KPJ story in NY etc

So everybody is doing like you, picking and choosing

But your side/view is just that, an opinion...... Because none of us was there

Its like the old saying....''Believe none of what you Hear, and only half of what you See'''

Therefore we are really just speaking about manufactured and sensationalized stories that is put out by farm troll bot programs as showcased on episode of ''Blacklist''

If they can't control you, they will control the public perception narrative to how people view/judge you

Not taking up for no parties, just speaking my 2 cents from fly on wall aspect

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Such a strange decision on your part to champion this guy so vociferously...

[​IMG]

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

19. vince

vince Member

With KPJ’s baggage, his confrontation style with coaches as recently as last year, and now this assault charge on a woman, it’s too much to digest for any NBA team.

The NBA has spend decades trying to fix its image tarnished by superstars of yesteryear’s. And they will bring down the gauntlet on a non-star premadonna.

Regardless of how guilty KPJ is, he may need to relegate himself to carve out a career overseas. If he happens to turn into an overseas superstar, NBA teams will risk the public relations hit, but they won’t do it for an entitled brat that is just a good player but has personality problems.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yes, the GM in Greece for a whopping 10K. No GM in NBA wanted his all star talent.