1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen > Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Mar 30, 2024.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I agree that’s not a fair comparison. But OP said Jalen > Harden point blank. Not comparing same age, not Jalen vs today’s Harden. Wouldn’t one assume he’s talking about Jalen vs peak Harden?

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’ll be honest. When I watch Green, I don’t see any Harden. They have radically different games. In many ways, Harden was a one-of-one in his prime. Green is in the Kobe/MJ/etc. mold.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Multiple people in this very thread have said Jalen is already better than Harden.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen > Harden ... ?
    Jalen + Harden = 0 championships ... !

downtown needs more parades.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. StroudAndYorDaddy

harden is literally the oscar robertson of this era, only the big o has a ring because he played with a young kareem

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Dude, pretty sure Jalen knocked up 3 strippers. If that's not out-doing Harden at his own game I dunno what is tbh.

Tuckmose, furyn and Rocket River like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Curry and Lillard at probably around the same

Rocket River

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jalen def has potential to be better than Harden, that's because unlike Harden Jalen is willing to do the dirty work like play physical defense and crash for rebounds. Harden also played under MDA who elevated all his bad habits and fed his ego, after he won his MVP Harden lost his way and started stat hunting+all the entitled behavior that shocked WB. Jalen oth is getting coached by Udoka and has Sengun and Amen as his costars. These will instill good habits and keep him grounded.

Will he be better than Harden? That's tough to say because Harden is a generational talent and offensive savant, he is arguably better than Steph Curry and LeBron when it comes to being the offensive engine of a team. He took Clint Capela, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon to 3rd seed in the NBA, how crazy is that? Harden could've def become a goat if he didn't become a party fiend and started playing both sides of the ball to the best of his ability.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lillard yes Curry no. Curry was actually a mediocre defender for most of his career. Warriors hid him on defense but that's because his teammates were elite defenders like Klay and KD. He only sucked in comparison to his elite teammates but by himself Curry wasn't that bad on D.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden got past second round multiple times here.. stop hating.

13. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

If he keeps this up yes, his style of play will be much better in the playoffs

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

We all loved harden because we were winning and we were contenders. However, it wasn’t pretty to watch, come on now. Dribble the ball to death march to heartbreak. I like the way we play much better now, win or lose.

15. Ancient Moabite

Yeah one would assume the OP is talking about the entire body of work or Harden 8 yr run with Rockets etc

Either way its just him liking Green personally for whatever reasons

The wise told me many make an a$$ out of themselves by assuming

So I looked at it from both actual playing experience along with barbershop/park-gym chatter with those who take bball pretty serious

.....and HOF 1st ballot with over decade body of work and NBA MVP award (with like 4 Finalist features) is many miles ahead (seniority) against a 2nd year player about to complete his 3rd NBA season that now has the media hype machine raising him up through this fluke win streak

To some Green may be more exciting/fun to watch because of his dunkstronaut ability / step back etc

But if the OP is saying Green is better right now than prime Harden .... I would call that crying out (farm troll baitin) for attention, or just star struck by this 11 game stretch and dismissing the 8 yr run Harden did here to justify their personal bias view

Green has long way to go, but at least he has supreme natural talent and the right coaching staff to push him and hold him accountable on both sides

But if he keeps going super Saiyan like this on offense and Udoka cosigned Defense, when all the pieces get back they are going to be fighting for top 5 seed next season

16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Harden the P&R Maestro was much more entertaining than the ISO-god, going to DownToBuck to see funny highlight videos statlines like "Clint Capela 24 points, 10 dunks" was something I looked forward to.

StroudAndYorDaddy and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

It was fun to watch in the regular season, but in the playoffs his style was exposed time after time, even with the other teams where he wasn't the main focus of the defense. Green on the other hand, has glimpses of TMac in him, and TMac was good in the playoffs, I could careless that he never got out of the first round (wasn't his fault 90% of the time), n that one time that we actually had a great team with Artest, he was hurt.

18. thegary

Huh?

19. thegary

Whuh?

20. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

DownToBuck was a channel that did role player highlights before it was cool, they were known for funny video descriptions.

Videos like that remind you how good of a lob-thrower Harden was.