1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McMahon thinks Sengun or Green could be traded "for a star"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 29, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think he is amazing.

Just not a shot blocker. Was thinking it could be nice to have that type as an additional rotation big.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

We have FVV as the pound for pound goat shot blocker.

BamBam and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Delete

#143 Aruba77, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. It’s stupid because we all know how this works. If a Luka or Giannis level star is even remotely available, we’ll hear about it via Woj or Shams because the players agents will want GM’s to make aggressive offers. The fact is there are zero I mean zero stars out there even signaling that they MIGHT be interested in a move unless you consider what Lebron was doing before the deadline that which I don’t. He just wanted the Lakers to use that pick to make a trade imo.

So instead of looking delusional, why not instill confidence in your young guys by saying that they are going to have a big year and a few more jumps in the next few years that you are excited about. Make calls to other GM’s and build those relationships instead of relying on the media to do your damn job for you if you want to still shake the trees on potential trades if one is secretly there.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The Rockets are better how they are right now. Let this young team grow together. It worked for the Warriors when they had a young Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm trying to understand this. You wouldn't trade Alpi for anyone but you're not sure about Jalen??

Alpi's first two yrs he struggled. Ups and downs. Remember he played behind Bruno and never could get his footing. And the fact that he was about to be traded last Summer says a lot too. Sure he had a good stretch this yr but was it mind blowing, no!

He was good in the low post, avg in the mid range, with a below avg 3pt shot and avg to below avg on defense, depending on the opponent.

I think before anyone of the core group is traded, we have to see them play together.

DaDakota likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

lol

clos4life likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My only problem with that is, Alpi could barely guard certain centers, you out him at PF along with Lopez and your frontcourt defensively is exposed.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He’s just speculating and doesn’t know anything.

The Rockets can trade expiring contracts plus 4-5 picks and a couple of swaps. Everyone in the core is booming I think why would you trade them. They can make Sengun and Green the #2 and #3 scorers if we find a two way player who can score better than them.

Whichever of Green/Sengun develops their 3pt shot this summer will make you regret your decision. You don’t want to trade an exceptional 22 year old scorer who can start for a top 8 defense. Ever.

I think right now unless Green ends the season ugly all our young guys are on track to meet/exceed expectations. If even 4 of them excel, we will be a young top 4 team in the West with very flexible contracts and salary situation (and we will have drafted several lottery talents or acquired players in exchange).

We’re in the drivers seat. There’s no reason to act like something is forcing us to do something. We can get a star and keep everyone then decide who fits a half season later. Unfortunately for ESPN it’s not dramatic but it’s well organized. Maybe they can do a piece on just how insanely talented this team will be if we just keep drafting with our picks and dumping our worst young player every summer based on how they competed in a winning culture. We’re good.

#149 Mathloom, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  10. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Unless the Rockets can pull of a trade to get a top 10-15 player under 30 like Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Booker, etc… (which we’re not getting none of these guys especially going in to next season) it makes no since to trade neither Şengün or Green. Theirs no point in trading off your future assets for someone like Jaylen Brown, Bradley Beal, or KAT since I believe both Sengun and Green can at least match those guys potential going forward. About the only other guy I would be somewhat interested in is Trae Young and even with him I wouldn’t sale the whole farm, if anything I would try to pair him with Şengün and Green.

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Dude!

This is not about Alp vs Jalen.

Don't feed this crap narrative.

They're both key to this teams future.

Media always hunting "content $"...

My .02

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I agree with you - but I was responding to certain posters who are posting crap like "Sengun is done".

Believe It! likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Sounds agenda driven.

Only a fool would truly believe that.

He was on his way to MIP this year...

Lots of trolls in these parts.

Strawberry Gum and majicdonjuan like this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I don’t get this line of thinking, THEY’RE TEAM MATES! WE HAVE BOTH! Now let’s continue to build.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with trading for someone and making either Jalen or Alpi a #2 or #3 scorer. From what we've seen this yr so far, both players needs the ball in their hands to maximize their talents. I would elect to develop the bench more, spots 8-10.

Im leaving it up to Ime to decide who's option 1 and option B. However, I think for it to work Alpi has to develop a mid range or 3pt shot.

I know they decided to run more after the ASB but If they go back to throwing the ball down to Alpi to initiate the offense, its not going to be best for EVERYBODY. Similar to Denver with Jokic, Alpi needs to setup higher and develop at least a mid range shot, to allow more spacing.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As a resident NON - Pearl Clutcher - I am ok with anyone being traded if it makes us better.....

I am also ok with no trades....but remember a GM's job is to look at everything......Stone is just doing his job.

DD

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I would surprised if Tilman allowed Stone to take on Browns contracts. You take that contract and you’re putting 200% of your marble in that basket

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also Embid is too injury prone to rush losing one of our main core and multiple members of our young core have higher ceilings than Brown(Amen, Green, Sengun)

Y2JT likes this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah but just because a trade makes us better in the short term doesn’t mean it make us better in the long term.