1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What starting lineup should we run when Sengun returns?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Mar 29, 2024.

?

What starting lineup should we run when Sengun returns?

1. FVV, Green, Brooks, Smith, Sengun

27 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. FVV, Green, Brooks, Thompson, Sengun

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. FVV, Green, Thompson, Smith, Sengun

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. FVV, Green, Brooks, Thompson, Smith

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Other (Explain)

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sengun
    Smith
    Amen
    Jalen
    FVV

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think until they figure out how to maximize Green and Sengun together, they ought to do as they did with Harden and CP3 and stagger their minutes as much as possible. Imagine having one of Green or Sengun on the court for all 48 minutes!

eliefor3 likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For 2024-25: FVH, JG, Amen, Zion, Bari

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I would love for someone to trade for brooks in the offseason. He has had a decent year performance wise and has not been too out of control. Maybe someone seems him as someone who can help with their teams culture (maybe sas?)
    I say that bc I would love for us to keep going young. Another possible line up for us is fvv, green, Eason, Thompson and senguin though that team will be short on shooting
    Would be great if green, Eason and senguin improve their shooting

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I think the difficult part is maximizing amen with Sengun. He is the one who really benefited from more space. Green is basically playing better and making more shots which was the case even before Sengun got injured. Having Sengun or green on the floor at all times sounds good.

we’ll need some experimentation. I’d start with replacing brooks with amen and see how it goes.

6. fattz

fattz Member

We basically have different line ups with some players playing different roles in each. The style of play should change depending on what is needed nightly. We have the Brooklyn pick to mix in as well. We are looking so deep and talented. A lot of players pair well together; Green and Amen, Sengun and Brooks, Smith and Eason, and FVV and Cam fit well with everyone. We have some solid veteran role players in Jeff Green & Adams as well. I can’t remember the team ever looking so diverse yet cohesive. More shooting

7. MadRox

MadRox Member

I went with option one, too congested, opposing team just pack the paint when you have 2 guys together in Amen and Şengün that can't stretch the floor.

8. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Will Tari Eason only return after next season ? Is his injury that serious?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Sengun comes back this season, I'm sorry but Amen has to come from bench. You can't start Amen and Sengun at the same time for now. Maybe next season if Sengun becomes a level of shooter NBA defenses will close out on or Amen entirely transforms his jump shot. The former is much more likely as Sengun doesn't have to fundamentally break down his form and start from scratch like Amen. For Sengun it's much more about confidence to not hesitate.

IF Sengun comes back this season then you play the original starting line up of Alpi, Bari, Dillon, Jalen, FVV

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I went with Van Vleet, Green, Thompson, Smith, and Sengun. However the floor spacing with 2 sub .300 shooters might bog down the offense at times.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

adding insult to injury. reported.

Salvy likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

I doubt we change anything this year. I'd be interested to see this lineup in limited minutes:

Green
    Amen
    Brooks
    Jabari
    Sengun

Spacing would be less but this is for science.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Actually if it's just for experiments sake, id replace Brooks for Whitmore, slot him in the two and move Amen to the three

I mean it will for sure result in a lot of highlights for sure.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He just had surgery.