1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Grifts, Loans, and Investigations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the gag order might satisfy a momentary bloodlust to impose force on those you don't like, but it makes Trump more likely to be elected

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since... trump can't stop defaming the woman he raped, and since apparently trump is a billionaire again according to his social media empire (heh)... another damages filing...

ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I Don't think the gag order affects his election odds. Anyone who claims a gag order on this baffoon helped them make a decision was always voting for trump.

It just protects innocent people from being harassed or hurt by his insane followers.

FrontRunner and ROCKSS like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and these are all Features not a bug to his base

His base are truly deplorables

Rocket River

VooDooPope likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is not going to Jail . . . period
    American Justice System just does not work against Rich and connected people

look at the Texas AG just got off

Rocket River

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump's favorite book, if he remembered how to read more than one paragraph, is The Bible, a book he has certainly never read on purpose.

Christian in the US are under attack ... <insert picture of the January 6th insurrection with the police getting beaten>.

And nothing is more American than the KJV translation of the Bible ... first published in 1611 ... in England.

Large print KJV Bibles go for $25.62 on Amazon, next day shipping. Trump's Bible at $59.99 and 4-6 weeks shipping is a steal!!!

[​IMG]

Trump promotes Lee Greenwood's 'God Bless The USA Bible': What to know about the book and its long journey

“All Americans need to have a Bible in their home and I have many. It’s my favorite book,” Trump said in a video posted to social media Tuesday, encouraging supporters to purchase the “God Bless The USA Bible.” “Religion is so important and so missing, but it’s going to come back.”

The “God Bless The USA Bible” received heightened attention since the outset due to its overt political features.

The text includes the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, Pledge of Allegiance, and the lyrics to the chorus to Greenwood’s “God Bless The USA.” Critics saw it as a symbol of Christian nationalism, a right-wing movement that believes the U.S. was founded as a Christian nation.

A petition emerged in 2021 calling Greenwood’s Bible “a toxic mix that will exacerbate the challenges to American evangelicalism.” From there, a broader conversation ensued about the standards by which publishers print Bibles.

"Several years ago, the Bible was going to be printed with the NIV translation, but something happened with the then licensor and the then potential publisher. As a result, this God Bless The USA Bible has always been printed with the King James Version translation," publicist Jeremy Westby said in a statement.

Trump’s plug for the “God Bless The USA Bible” recycled language the former president is using to appeal to a conservative Christian base.

“Our founding fathers did a tremendous thing when they built America on Judeo-Christian values,” Trump said in his video on social media. “Now that foundation is under attack perhaps as never before.”

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. No Worries

There is certainly a double standard of justice in the US ... maybe even a triple standard if we give Trump his own category.

But ...

Will Trump FAFO? Will Judge Juan Merchan put up with Trump's nonsense?

We will see.

10. NewRoxFan

The interviewers probably thought they were serving up a softball to someone claiming the Bible is his favorite book (after mentioning his own book is his second favorite). They asked him twice and seemed shocked. They made it even easier and asked him to choose between the OT and NT (as if he could certainly choose between red and black on the roulette wheel). So obvious trump has never read the Bible.

trump is so offensive in so many ways...

Autocrats Love Using the Bible as a Prop. Americans Shouldn’t.
    As he posed on a church step, Trump’s false idols were on full display.
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/02/autocrats-idolatry-trump-protests-george-floyd-america/

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. No Worries

A bible expert speaks ...

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Xopher

Xopher Member

Is this Bible going to include the Book of Donald?

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, like I predicted, Trump can't stop himself. He posted these today, so let's see what the judge does.

"Judge Juan Merchan, who is suffering from an acute case of Trump Derangement Syndrome (whose daughter represents Crooked Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Adam “Shifty” Schiff, and other Radical Liberals, has just posted a picture of me behind bars, her obvious goal, and makes it completely impossible for me to get a fair trial) has now issued another illegal, un-American, unConstitutional “order,” as he continues to try and take away my Rights. This Judge, by issuing a vicious “Gag Order,” is wrongfully attempting to deprive me of my First Amendment Right to speak out against the Weaponization of Law Enforcement, including the fact that Crooked Joe Biden, Merrick Garland, and their Hacks and Thugs are tracking and following me all across the Country, obsessively trying to persecute me, while everyone knows I have done nothing wrong!"

Page 2: So, let me get this straight, the Judge’s daughter is allowed to post pictures of her “dream” of putting me in jail, the Manhattan D.A. is able to say whatever lies about me he wants, the Judge can violate our Laws and Constitution at every turn, but I am not allowed to talk about the attacks against me, and the Lunatics trying to destroy my life, and prevent me from winning the 2024 Presidential Election, which I am dominating? Maybe the Judge is such a hater because his daughter makes money by working to “Get Trump,” and when

Page 3: The Judge has to recuse himself immediately, and right the wrong committed by not doing so last year. If the Biased and Conflicted Judge is allowed to stay on this Sham “Case,” it will be another sad example of our Country becoming a Banana Republic, not the America we used to know and love. These are Election Interfering Witch Hunts. We will crush each one of these Hoaxes, and Make America Great Again!

FrontRunner, ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. No Worries

16. NewRoxFan

So trump and his maga thugs put the judge's daughter in danger based on maga disinformation?

No Worries likes this.
  17. No Worries

Dementia Don under the powers of the Presidential Records Act can use his psychic powers to turn disinformation into cold hard, alternative facts.

JuanValdez likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

20. No Worries

Dementia Don is picking a fight with the judge ... more likely than not as a delaying tactic.

Donald Trump on Saturday put on display multiple photos of the daughter of the judge in his hush money criminal case, even as the prosecution argues that targeting her could violate an established gag order in the case over purported payments to an adult film star.

Trump, who was previously put on the spot for his attacks on Judge Merchan's daughter, including posting her name publicly, has been accused of intentionally stirring up violence against the jurist's adult daughter. Merchan's daughter works in an industry that services politicians, including prominent Democrats.

His earlier attacks prompted a debate in court filings over what the gag order covers, but he signaled Saturday he's not relenting in his fight against Merchan's daughter.