1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to love Jalen Green...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Mar 27, 2024.

1. StroudAndYorDaddy

uh no i dont

i remmeber harden( at least in the regular szn) beating teams almost every night when he was a rocket regardless of how healthy the supporting cast around him was.

topfive and SuperMarioBro like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

James Harden was elite at passing from double teams making advanced reads from them.

What Green does better is the ability to split doubles with his handle with his slender nature and elite agility

#22 fchowd0311, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    Rocketeer and topfive like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man **** that "right play" **** with Harden. This man would NEVER try to just go in and get a ****ing hoop. He would wait and, wait and, wait to pass the ball out of double teams then he would turn over the ball over looking at the ref for a call. Or Harden would split the double pass and then leave the court and then freaking Tucker would have our hope in his hands. that **** was annoying.

It never felt like Harden wanted to be a killer despite having killer moments. You could never Trust harden.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Jalen is great and all... but he literally does nothing measurable better than Harden, at least not yet.

javal_lon likes this.
  5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Nah

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yeah f*ck your regular season. When it mattered, harden failed us and made us look foolish with the most bewildering games.

I know this wasn't a playoff game but this is the closest thing to a playoff elimination game for jalen. If they get to the playoffs I hope Jalen doesn't fold like harden.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

One of best offensive players I’ve ever seen. You can eye test that **** all you want that man was an MVP and shoulda won another. Aside from Dream he’s the best Rocket ever and it’s not particularly close.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man is at step 2 of 10 already making reads to Bari for 3.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Luxury Tax Savings and Cash Considerations deserve some respect.

Easy likes this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Harden's playoff performances are vastly underrated, but he also underperformed because of two very objective disadvantages:
    1. Having to carry mediocre rosters above their ceiling all regular season in a ridiculously tough conference
    2. Scott Foster

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

good for harden. hopefully Jalen, sengun, bari, tari, amen, cam will take down those stats.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Particularly impressive was that kickout to a wide-open Jabari in the corner, rather than going 1-on-2 (or was it 3?).

February Jalen might not have made that pass.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont want to get into this, but harden fooled us time and time again. I'll never forget. harden was up on the Warriors and he expected the game to be fair. We know the game wasn't fair and harden still looked at the refs like they were going to call the game fair.

You gotta take your legacy, It was right there. Harden was up on the warriors and he cried to the refs.

I kind of blame MDA - you take on the traits of your coach and MDA was crying too.

Jalen, in this game, the league was trying to deny him the game and he took it. this is a good sign for such a young player. I hope it continues.

Thats all im going to say

majicdonjuan likes this.
  14. StroudAndYorDaddy

lets get to the playoffs first. Its been years

DreamShook likes this.
  15. StroudAndYorDaddy

shai didnt play

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden would have made the right play and passed to Fred.

Carpe82 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sengun didn't play

Tari was out too.

oh and Cam.

cmlmel77 and BaselineFade like this.
  18. StroudAndYorDaddy

ok, you are now overrating sengun big time. Shai is at worst a top 3 mvp candidate. Sengun is not even close to that smh

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No im not. your underrating Sengun. Sengun had Chet scoring 2 pts the first game. Shai was playing that game too.

20. StroudAndYorDaddy

nah sengun is overrated, if he was as good as you say the rockets wouldnt have been floundering all year.