1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. launches unlikely presidential bid as a Democrat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 20, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you object to supporting pregnant women who ultimately decide to give birth?

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

If my choices are Trump or Kennedy - I will take Kennedy...... because while he is bat **** insane, he isn't evil.

juicystream and ROCKSS like this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

6. ROCKSS

Not GUILTY and she is uber wealthy................ooooops, wrong thread :oops:

Ottomaton and B-Bob like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

The only thing I know about her is she had an affair with musk which broke up her marriage with sergey brin (musk's former friend) and she is very wealthy.

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Well - at the minimum she is very bright and she brings a different perspective.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

And hey, she is an avid surfer who plays softball.

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - whatever.

I heard RFK is really good at hacky-sack.

I will admit I like that she isn't another old white man - and has experienced a perspective that is more in line with what the current younger generation of Americans have experienced. She is bi-racial, had a mentally ill and abusive dad, a mother than is an immigrant-- grew up poor, but did well in school and earned a scholarship. She has a law degree and pushed herself into tech when it was a male dominated field. She has money from her ex-husband, but she has also made a lot of her own money - and she has a long history of being interested in children and developing opportunities for those born into middle class and lower.

Astrodome likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Hey... I was quoting rfk in his introduction of callaghan. And no doubt she has an interesting background. Hopefully she survives this and continues to participate in the community of ideas. I could easily see her in discussions around local and even state-wide politics.

12. NewRoxFan

Apparently, the maga reaction to the announcement was not that positive... criticisms like "globalist", "DEI", and "google"...

13. NewRoxFan

Oh... this was mean...

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would choose Beavis and Butthead over Trump. Of course RFK is better than Trump.

However the choice isn't RFK or Trump. It's Democracy or Trump. A vote for RFK in almost every case is a vote for Trump.

FrontRunner, ROCKSS and Ottomaton like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like RFK. He makes sense

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sincerely,
    Diseases in Florida

FrontRunner, dobro1229 and Ottomaton like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

explain

18. ROCKSS

Curious, what attracts you to his platform?

19. ROCKSS

Ron and RFK are both against mandatory vaccines for certain diseases so Ron found a surgeon general who mirrors his ethics.............quite a few measle breakouts over the past few months based on visits to Fl, a disease that was eliminated years ago as long as you get the vaccine. Sorry son, you can't have a social media account until your 14 and what's even better is you don't get a measle vaccine either, I`ve heard bad things about that also.............its all for the kids though

Though the swing appears more aimed at scoring political points than protecting Floridians' health, DeSantis' hand-picked surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo, has hewed closely to the governor's anti-vaccine rhetoric and health misinformation. Since his appointment as Florida's top doctor in late 2021, Ladapo has made false claims about vaccines, encouraged vaccine hesitancy, opposed masks, downplayed the health effects of COVID-19, and promoted ineffective COVID-19 treatments, such as ivermectin.

FURTHER READING
    That Florida “analysis” on COVID vaccines is—you guessed it—total garbageLadapo's latest headline-grabbing anti-public health efforts came last October as he touted a dubious analysis that claimed mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are linked to an increased risk of cardiac-related deaths in males ages 18 to 39. The analysis—which was not peer-reviewed or published in any scientific publication and lists no authors—was widely panned by scientists and health experts, who called it "utter rubbish," "extremely misleading," and "comically bad." One of Ladapo's former mentors at Harvard told The Washington Post: "If I was a reviewer at a journal, I would recommend rejecting it." Politico, meanwhile, reported that a tipster alleged Ladapo "manipulated data" and committed "scientific fraud" to arrive at the false conclusion, which he used as the basis for a statewide recommendation against mRNA COVID-19 vaccination in young men.

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...-vaccines-and-bad-at-his-job-cdc-and-fda-say/

cheke64 likes this.