1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hall of Fame Game

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Texans vs Bears August 1st, 7pm (E). This will be the first time we ever wear the new threads.

How crazy does induction weekend get? I'd love to watch the game and then spend a day or two there with my family, wearing my Andre Johnson jersey the whole time, of course.

Anyone ever been?

ROCKSS, Uprising and K9Texan like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That's really nice of the NFL to put the Texans on the docket.

New unis and Andre's induction combined with the game make that a real treat for anyone who makes it there.

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Honestly think it makes HUGE sense
    (1) Andre first ever Texan into HOF
    (2) Team on the upswing
    (3) Start promoting the **** out of CJ early in the season

ROCKSS, Uprising, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I went for Moon's induction in 2006.

YES!! Go!

I told this story in another thread a couple of weeks ago. I was only there for the day of the ceremonies, but I went early and toured the Hall of Fame itself. Everywhere you turned was another HoF'er just walking around. They're everywhere! I stood behind Kevin Greene in line at the gift shop and listened to Mel Renfro desperately pleading to let his friend use his HoF'er discount. I stood in line behind Jerry Kramer at the theater. I heard Lawrence Taylor cuss out some knucklehead. I saw Jim Kelly and all 483 members of his family roaming around. It was a great time!

And the speeches were fantastic (except for Troy Aikman's which was so bad, I got up and left)! That was the same year that Madden was inducted and he stole the show. And the Hall itself was worth the trip.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Question: Is the extra preseason game and longer training camp helpful to the two teams participating? Or is it just a pain in the neck?

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I was just wondering...how many teams played in the HoF Game (the first game of the season) AND the Super Bowl (the last game of the season).

7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, thanks for this! Since the article only went up through 2021, I went and looked for '22 and '23. in 2022, Houston's b**** lost in the divisional round and Las Vegas missed the playoffs. Last year the Jets missed the playoffs and Cleveland got that ass beat by future HoF'er CJ Stroud in the wild card game.

red5rocket, Blatz and jch1911 like this.
  9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

(4) Caleb Williams likely making his NFL debut

Blatz likes this.
  10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

I joke... I joke

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. Qan

Qan Member

Probably #1 reason for the NFL

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I really don't care if this will be the first time or just another time. But it needs to be done THIS TIME.

Colt45 likes this.