1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aging and grooming

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Got my sample in the mail. As soon as I put it on, I felt the heat of the desert sun and the pulse of synthwave beats. It transported me to a retro-futuristic world where every horizon holds the promise of adventure. With Turbo, I'm not just wearing a fragrance – I'm embracing the spirit of a bygone era where anything is possible and every moment is an epic quest. And with its irresistible allure, Turbo is my ultimate wingman, helping me Turn It On with the ladies and making every encounter a thrill ride through the night.

Nook likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I still have the bottle of Eternity that my HS GF gave me 40 years ago...I'll spritz a bit if we're going out someplace fancy

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Nothing wrong with it. I remember one of my ex'es saying "wow"

Sajan likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Takes all of 3 seconds to find countless examples on google of men looking good with grey beards.

What you wanted to say was the scruffy/long/unkept grey beards.

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  6. no_answer

no_answer Member

I honestly didnt know long hair was important until I was playing a game the other day and one of my husband' and brother both answers about beauty included long hair. Great. Now I can never cut it.

The older you get, you have to lean into your personality. Good hygiene and be funny, dont be hairy in the wrong places.

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

One thing I notice about older woman (my mom and grandma) used to have long hair but as they got older they both went short.........I am sure its much less of a hassle. My GF has really long hair and I never thought about it but it would suck if she cut it............I think it looks great and I would not know how she looked with short hair

8. SuraGotMadHops

"I don't need some fancy cologne to tell me I'm a man"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROCKSS, CrazyJoeDavola and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

Ladies and gents, your 2018-2019 pretty darn good with a lot of terrific upside potential team!

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is this thread about P-Ditty?

Rocket River

Invisible Fan and kubli9 like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed, except for grey or white in the beard or hair - it can look very good, depends on what the person looks like and the other grooming habits. For example I know someone that dresses very well, in very good shape - he has stark grey streaks in his beard, women absolutely love it and Ill admit, it looks good on him.

100% on the balding and long hair. It doesn't EVER look good, makes you look dirty and out of touch..... also fingernails. Callouses are good, working with your hands are good...... dry peeling hands? Nope...... dirty or long fingernails? NOPE.....

Your teeth do not have to be perfect - I even know some people missing in the back - fine, but you better have white teeth... you can't have dingy teeth and tooth loss.

Nose hair? Ear hair? Nope ---- nothing makes a middle aged or older man look senile like nose or ear hair, looks like Gramps cannot care for himself anymore.

IBTL, Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Those that have sex with other people do.

Invisible Fan, IBTL and ROCKSS like this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Mid 50's
    Beard grey 1992 model kept short.
    Head Fully bald since 2000 (occasionally #1 trimmer but most of the time smooth shave bald)
    No Polos
    T-shirt, cargo shorts (dry fast columbia ready to swim 24/7) and birkenstocks are my daily wear.
    Married 1992-2018 Long distance girlfriend 2019-2023
    Single Dec 2023
    Happily Single living in a small town in the mountains of NM working on myself. Not a care in the world what other people think about my "style"
    If there's a woman who doesn't like my beard or bald head or birkenstocks she's not the person for me.

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’m so damned handsome that it doesn’t really matter.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Proudly bald and black. Ok, maybe just bald. Thinking about laser treatment for the scalp hair though. Shaving every other day is annoying.

17. Xerobull

This is an interesting point if you're leveraging that 'mature' look for gravitas to maintain a superior standing, or for rizz reasons.