1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moving back to the H!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RudyTBag, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

One of my other best friends was a transfer from Brookshire, so there's a certain level of "Movin' On Up" involved.

thegary likes this.
  2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've lived in Seattle for the past 10 years, spent 10 years in Austin before that.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you like it there?

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I grew up in the 70's on Jaquet which is right down the road around Elm and 610. So weird driving down my old street now. Almost every house has been replaced with a McMansion but there are still some little houses left from when I grew up there in-between them all. It's like 2 totally different neighborhoods on the same street.

Buck Turgidson and gifford1967 like this.
  5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The city of Seattle has it's problems but Washington state and the PNW in general are great. Western Washington doesn't get super cold in the winter and the summer rarely sees days above 80 degrees. It's mostly misty rain and overcast in the winter but spring/summer is like 5-6 months of sunny skies with a cool breeze. You have every nature and outdoor activity you could imagine here and you don't have to battle 95+ degree weather so you can actually enjoy it, and then you have several ski resorts within a couple hour drive in the winter. I've met a lot of Texans who have moved up here. Outside of the west coast states, Texans make up the largest number of people who have moved to Washington in recent years.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Yeah, I hate hot and humid with a passion.

kubli9 likes this.
  7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If you locked into the once in a lifetime historic interest rates post COVID, it’s difficult to move lol.