1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it’s time to move along from Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCRocket, Jan 10, 2024.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care if we keep him another year, but stop acting like he's worthy right now of starting on this team. Either trade him for someone who can shoot, or bring him in off the bench. He takes too many shots for one of our worst shooters, and is a turnover machine.

Jalen takes the 2nd most shot attempts on this team, even though he has the worst FG% of everyone on the team. It's just ridiculous. He also takes the 2nd most 3PT attempts, even though he's not one of our better shooters from behind the arc. Why????

Our highest FG% in order
    Sengun, Jeff Green, Cam, Tate, Brooks, Jabari, Eason, Amen, Holiday, Jalen.

Our highest 3PT% in order
    Brooks, Holiday, VanVleet, Cam, Jabari, Eason, Jalen, Tate, Sengun, Amen.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

and there’s a significant drop from Eason to Jalen.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jalen again takes completely different type of shots than guys like Tari. No one is showing it to Tari with 5 seconds left on the shot clock because they have to create something from nothing.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We need to lean into Jalen these last 13, for the first time - he doesn't look scared, and he looks confident, his moves are more precise and he is playing with a swagger.

It is great to see.

DD

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if jalen keeps up his current play there will be no shortage of receipt checks.
    [​IMG]

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is also a Rockets first message board. I bring this up because I'm noticing something rather funny.

You can call it hypocritical on my part as I avoid the GARM when the Rockets are struggle especially Green because the GARM becomes unbearable during those moments but I think that's normal because when you are a hardcore fan of a team you get upset and don't want to interact and discuss your team during that time.

But notice a lot of these posters like deb4rockets being active posters everywhere on this message board the past couple of days EXCEPT the GARM during the longest winning streak since the Harden era.

And that is what happens when you concentrate hate on a player. You cannot enjoy the good times and avoid having a good time in the GARM when the team is doing good with that player you hate being a large part of it.

@deb4rockets its okay to post in the GARM when the Rockets are doing good.

roslolian, Vivid, burlesk and 6 others like this.
  7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it’s as simple as looking at their join date sometimes …despite what they would like to admit

roslolian, fchowd0311 and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Same, it has been a challenge to be here a lot this season...there are way too many "only" fans, who deny being such yet their posts confirm it continually. Then you have the statisticians like who you've mentioned, that don't really have opinions based on their own thoughts...it's just the stat they found on the subject. I'm intrigued by all of it, the human side of success and failure, the reclamations and total flops...I believe there are more true Rocket fans than not here, but the few that lean towards certain players in a good or bad way tend to only be active when the narrative is supported. In my opinion we have 4 young players that bring something to the court that few others are capable of...Alpi, Jalen, Amen, and Cam...then Tari is the guy that does things that may be less flashy, but exciting still. Jabari has all the tools to be an excellent nba player. Under the age of 23, if all you can do is find the flaws in them, you'll have success. I remember watching games with my mom, she actually loved watching sports but had no deep insight...she would bark and complain about EVERY mistake during a game like it was the end of the world regardless of the big picture...wasn't much fun, lol This site reminds me of her often, God rest her soul.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Green's consistent bad play earlier this season turned me completely against him. I wanted him traded. He has changed my mind with his recent play and I am getting excited thinking about what this new and improved Jalen and Alpi can do with the supporters we have around them. I just want Jalen to keep it up and that means starting next season too.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not there to give you advice but one should never live the good and the bad to extremes.

And there is even a world where Alperen might be in trade rumors because certain elements in the organization do not believe in him 100%....

It is what it is.....not for the faint of heart.

The league as it is dictates that you cannot give out endless Max contracts and endless guarantees of a starting spot.

roslolian likes this.
  11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Speaking of, @Downtown Sniper has been awfully quiet…

roslolian, kubli9, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Haters wanted to trade Jalen green away for Quentin Grimes. Boy what disaster that would've been. So happy Stone and Udoka stuck with Green...now it's paying off!

#592 Rocket_Man_2.0, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

hilarious all the anti jalen green posts getting bumped now. 10/10

Bo6 and roslolian like this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I wonder what other franchises and GMs think about Jalen's performance as of late. As a fan this is what I was waiting for from him, a few months ago I saw his value as being a top 10 pick or better in this year's draft and that was at his low point, but would have been hesitant to sell low on him since seeing him succeed as a star elsewhere would have been tough to witness. However, as fans now we are getting excited again for Green's potential to be consistent.

Do other teams look at the small sample size and now value him more than just a few weeks ago? If the Rockets were really shopping him before deadline, are those teams that said no before now calling in the off season again? For some reason, I do not think Jalen is untouchable, but I think the price may have just gone up. Just a strange concept if true, because the sample size and time frame from where we were a few weeks ago until now is relatively small. Stone seems to want to hold onto players if they have a shot, so maybe the price is sky high or he is indeed untouchable. Initially I was thinking when Jalen was struggling we would target a player like Ja Morant in a trade, it was a reach then, but now I don't think so as much.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ja Morant is untouchable.

arabrocket likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I kept saying his value is a lot higher than what some people wanted.

Nets fans are pissed at their GM for not trading for him now.

While I lost faith in Green I did say two things.
    His value is a lot higher than people think around here.
    and
    There is no reason to bench him.

Right now, trading him at the deadline would have been horrible. Even if this is just some hot streak at the very least his value has shot way up because he's showing superstar potential right now at 22 and also benching him would have also been a huge mistake.

I am glad the franchise is a lot more patient than the fans are at least.

So guys, next time you make that hot take about Jabari or Amen maybe sit there and think about it before you press post. Young players are inconsistent, that's just how it is 90% of times.

duluth111222, Bo6 and Mathloom like this.
  17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes

18. maypk

maypk Member

You mean so happy the Nets didn't trade Bridges for Jalen+2024 FRP+2027 Swap?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Go back and even Mathloom considered trading him, it was serious back then.......

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everyone is on wait and see mode, hopefully including Rox FO. Rockets can wait to extend him after next season I believe that is the right step for both him and Sengun.