1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im not spinning any narrative. I dont care about Sengun stans saying that about Jalen. He played like ass and it was true. I never said trade Jalen personally as far as Im concerned youre both idiots lol Jalen Green played absolutely awful and he is playing great now and we are winning. One would expect to come on here and see Jalen stans finally happy instead all Im seeing is. "We're better without Sengun" "They should apologize to Jalen" You guys still arent happy and its because your personality is connected to arguing over Jalen and now that everyone is happy with Jalen you have to fabricate more conflict to be happy. Its sad really.

2. a time to chill

Nah, Jalen owes us an apology. If he had been playing like this the entire season the Warriors would be chasing us rather than us chasing them. If he finishes the season strong and starts next year playing at the same level, I will change my opinion on Green.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

What these stans arguing with me dont realize that I was the biggest Jalen supporter til around December when I had had enough. They have no idea who they are talking too. They think im a Sengun stan lol

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if this is your basketball analysis then i can't take anything you say seriously after statements like these.

it's 2024, it's time to out grow your misogyny.

cbass likes this.
  5. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol saying it's 2024 like all this change in societal norms is a good thing...

let me flip the script on you, because you want to live in this hypersensitive, let's get offended by any little damn thing society. who are you to assume that my gender is male? what if i'm male and identify as a woman? suddenly saying jalen plays like a girl isn't too bad is it? lol. gtfo with this soft ****. anyone who played any sort of serious sport knows what it means when someone tells someone else off for playing like a girl. even girls in girls sports know.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why does a 22 yr old need to apologize for not being a superstar? You are the one who needs to apologize for doubting and not having faith in him to turn it around.

If CF had their way Jalen woulda been traded for a bag of chips and then he'd be balling out on his new team instead of here.

We are lucky Stone doesn't listen to the peanut gallery and armchair posters here on CF.

#86 roslolian, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    duluth111222 likes this.
  7. a time to chill

Jalen Green only fans have short-term memory. I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope Jalen keeps up his current level of play but this matches the pattern of the previous years where he's inconsistent for most of the season and goes on a tear in March and April to close out the season strong. I'm for bringing him back next year to see if he's finally turned it around, but this also may be a good opportunity to sell high this offseason.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Who is saying Jalen was/is expected to be a superstar? He was 180 degrees away from being a superstar for most of the season. He literally made every single player on the floor with him statistically proven to be worse with him on the floor. He was one of the worst players in the NBA. That is a proven fact. If you go back and read the post you quoted, you will see I said if he played like this all season we would be contending for the top spot and if he played at even 50% of this level we would be top 5. That is not asking for an apology for not being a superstar. I do not expect Jalen to be a superstar yet. I do expect him to to not play like 100% complete pure ass for most of the season. He does owe the fans an apology because he is clearly capable of doing much more than that. Get off your effing high horse and try reading the post you quote.

Joe Rocket, Plowman and clutchdabear like this.
  9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Have you forgotten how awful he's played during the beginning of the season? Dude was forcing dumb shots that cost the Rockets some games, and he has been benched by Udoka for that low IQ he has been doing. I honestly think that if it wasn't for Udoka, he wouldn't be playing like he is now. I just hope Jalen Green keeps it consistent of the way he's playing right now.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

3 years to continue to believe in Jalen despite his struggles is anything but short. The bandwagoners are the ones with short term memory go from hating on Jalen to praising and then will Def turn around and hate on him again when he starts playing bad.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

They conveniently forget he was one of the worst players in the league who made every single player on the floor with him worse for a majority of this season.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah you are the one who needs to get off your high horse and realize Jalen is a 21 yr old (previously) playing in a new system. You think Jalen wants to play like ass? He was lost for most of the season but his effort and energy was there esp on defense and getting rebs.

If he was one of the worst players in the league and it's a proven fact why did Udoka keep starting him every game? Does Ime just want to lose or what?

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh I haven't forgotten. The problem is people kept on hating for Jalen even when he wasn't the one costing the team wins. There were lots of games Jalen contributed despite having a bad shooting night. Cam was actually our worst player most of the time despite his efficient shooting but Jalen is the one who kept getting blame.

He got benched but Udoka kept starting him as well which showed he believed in Jalen turning it around.

duluth111222 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

I do agree that the hate for this kid was so over the top by local and national people who cover the sport.
    I need a gif of Michael Jackson showing his child to the world over the balcony but with Green's face on it

duluth111222 likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The anti green folks just seem to not accept that the hate for green on here was a lot more drastic compared to the other players on our team like Smith.
    Folks should clearly see the gradual improvement from green but it was never enough, every lost or small win would still ensure the endless btching about Green.

I don't think folks need to apologize for their behavior but to justify it is quite wild.

duluth111222 likes this.
  16. vince

vince Member

In decades past, Jalen Green would be gearing up to join the NBA in the draft.

We’ve all known that nabbing a teenager in the draft may require patience more time than not. Bolting within 3 years on a guy drafted at 19 year vs a 22 year old isn’t the same. One comes in as almost a finished product, the 19 year old need A LOT of development.

I remember Jermaine O’Neil and how everyone thought he was a complete bust, Portland gave up on him after 4 years of bust level play. And then he eventually became a 6X all star for the Pacers.

If you don’t have the patience, don’t draft a teenager. Or else you do all the work developing a player, and reap none of the rewards.

Zen Tabak and duluth111222 like this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No kidding, Jalen does this at the end of every season. Looks like the best player ever against a bunch of tanking teams and everyone gets all excited. Then the next season starts and when teams actually play defense he's absolutely worthless again. I just love how people overreact to these games against wizards and jazz. Like you can't even name their entire starting five and most of these guys won't be in the league in a few years. I want to see how he performs against teams with something to play for first. Let's see how his next few games go against warriors, Thunder, timberwolves and mavericks before we start crowning him.

To be fair to him though his effort level on defense has been up and the steals have led to some easy points for him. He also seems to have changed the way he shoots set threes from earlier in the year as he's not jumping as high on the release. Hopefully these things will translate over for rest of season and beyond. As it's a lot more promising than before because in the past when he wasn't scoring he was a negative out there. Now he's making more winning hustle plays. I want to see how he acts when the shots aren't falling again,

#97 RHU525, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    cml750 and Plowman like this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Hopefully you aren't raising any daughters. Big yikes bro.

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yea keep trying to victimize people here on cf on behalf of Jalen as if you're some woke, social justice warrior. i've seen you around in other threads doing the same thing... get that s*** out of here. if something that little offends you so much, then maybe sports isn't for you.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, they don't. He is the one who owes the apology for being such a terrible player for 2.5 years. He had another great game last night from what the boxscore suggests (I missed the game) and he's had 4 or 5 really awesome performances lately, but it doesn't wash away what he did the 2.5 years before that.....people were rightfully frustrated with him. A month ago he was statistically one of the worst players in the entire league.

I certainly hope he keeps this newfound ability to play basketball because it makes the team A LOT better.....but he doesn't get to demand apologies from ANYONE given how he played for so long.

cml750 and Plowman like this.