1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You apparently dont know what regress means lol And Im not shocked because I know how stupid Jalen stans are. You people are also the ones spreading "the rockets are better without sengun" nonsense out of jealousy because sengun has played well all season and jalen has not. Now that Jalen is playing well you think people owe him some type of apology but no one is apologizing cuz he was bad. If's he's bad to start the season next year people will be disappointed then too its common sense. You need to get over yourselves lol

htownborn34 likes this.
  2. mightybosstone

Can we stop with the "so and so owes Player X an apology" nonsense? Let's be honest; Jalen played like **** the first two-thirds of the season. Criticism was warranted, and much of what the critics had said (myself included) was 100% accurate.

Dude had been terrible for the vast majority of his career until this All-Star break. And he has been incredible since. Just as he deserved criticism for 2 and a half years, he's deserved praise for the last month-plus. That's how it goes.

He makes millions of dollars for a job that's under intense scrutiny from the media and fans at all times. If you don't want to face criticism (especially as a No. 2 overall pick), then play better and prove everyone wrong.

Jalen has been amazing, and we're finally starting to see the guy we dreamed of when he was drafted. I truly hope he keeps it up and becomes a star. But nobody owes him any apologies. And if he turns into old Jalen Green by season's end or next season, then he'll deserve criticsm again. That's professional sports.

3. conquistador#11

Man, most fan bases would be proud to have a top 3 center and top 5 guard in Jalen but idiots here just need to troll.
    If Jalen can keep 80% of his recent play and carry it over for the entire regular season and Jabari take his year 3 leap, 50 wins should be easy.

4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah that's bullshit, some people don't owe him an apology. You personally 100% do, you haven't remotely come from an angle of fair criticism, you've literally just spent 3 years on a personal assassination campaign. Come on now, you do realise we can all read it back, right?

Arnel, GOATuve and rocketchamp like this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

We are better without him, pace wise & defensively. The problem is you've aligned yourself so far up Sengun's jock, you can't fully enjoy the new look Rockets because it's obvious Jalen's the best player on this roster now. Saying we're better without Sengun isn't some outlandish comment

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You can argue Jalen played like crap earlier due to Sengun clogging up the paint. Notice since he's been out the ease Jalen's getting to the rim

SkareKrow likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is a lie and again rewriting history. Jalen simply didnt play well. He could not shoot. I am more happy than anyone that eh is playing well now. I dont see the point of his stans lying about what happened. What im worried about is Jalen going back to not being able to shoot again and his dumb fans blaming everyone but him.

mightybosstone likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Thank you for proving my point. I never said Im not enjoying the rockets winning. As a matter of fact I would say you guys with all the "we're better with sengun" agenda and "everyone should apologize to jalen" agenda are the ones still not happy. This isnt Sengun stan versus Jalen stans its Rockets fan versus idiotic Jalen stans lol

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Show me all the Jalen fans saying we should trade him because this is a trash team with a trash fanbase? I can show you the Sengun fans doing it if you're too ignorant to have seen it yourself. The narrative you're trying to spin is the complete opposite of reality.

10. mightybosstone

Is that why he shot 30% from the 3-point line before the All-Star break? I wasn't aware that Sengun's paint hogging could affect Jalen's shot 23 feet from the basket.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like those guys only show up at the end of a season.......but what else is new.

Nobody is apologizing to anyone.....

Joe Rocket likes this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, the Jalen fans have been here all year. More fake narratives, feel free to check fchowd, Mathloom, myself and others' post history; constant all season. If anything's changed towards the end of the season it's that all the rabid SOF narratives of how Jalen's a super bust and is 100% getting traded seem to have miraculously gone silent. How strange. :rolleyes:

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I'm sorry but it was way more than just "his bad play". How many comments about his finger nails? his "femininity"? "he plays like a girl"?

14. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

but he was playing like a girl up until a month ago. basically let players like austin reeves run all over him and just took it without any reaction in game. then he'd be all passive aggressive in his postgame comments like some little b****, blaming anyone/anything but himself. something changed in those b2b phoenix games where he stood up for himself against brad beal and he finally became consistently aggressive ever since.

amazing how there's so many people here who are so willingly allowing themselves to forget how ass jalen was for most of this season, and even his ardent fans agreed a trade was necessary. even with jalen's hot streak the past 10 games or so, his percentages/metrics are still in the bottom third percentile in the entire nba... which just goes to show how bad he was before this hot streak.

Plowman, Joe Rocket and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is actually the time when he was about to do the deed of impregnating the 40 yr old.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol that's true.

crazy to think that some instagram ho might potentially be the one to save jalen's career and get the rockets rebuild back in a good place.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be honest I saw more breaking out from Amen, yeah, Jalen got better but the advanced stats still suggest the improvements are not particularly major ....and only on the defensive side.

And that Udoka is the real mastermind.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jalen's issues seemed to be between his ears. If he can learn to play with Sengun and not get in his own way.....

Arnel, Joe Rocket and clutchdabear like this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Jalen Green is a deserving contender for player of the month in March, he's been that good.

Even with best player in the NBA level performance for almost a month now, his season numbers are just getting back to his career averages, which aren't even that great to begin with. That's how crappy he was for the first 2/3 of the season.

I hope for nothing more than this being the real Jalen, it would be a game changer for the franchise, but his performance currently doesn't change how much he sucked prior.

Joe Rocket and clutchdabear like this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m gonna need it all next season

This cute run he’s had is great but doesn’t excuse him from 2.5 years of looking like a non winning player

Plowman and Joe Rocket like this.