1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I believe I deserve an apology as well.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one owes him anything, he just needs to keep doing his job - and he will reap the benefits.

DD

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Jalen is finally living up to his potential. When he was getting killed before it was well deserved. If he continues playing like this he'll be an MVP one day, but until he shows some damn consistency he's going to have to learn to take the good with the bad from the media and everyone else. Having said that, in his defense, they are finally playing to his strengths since Sengun went down. The slow pace they played early in the season really didn't benefit Green's game at all. He's finally getting to do what he is best at, and he's looking damn good! For now. We'll see if he can keep it up.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. If he can continue to hit the outside shot, then he will turn everyone around. If he starts off next season like he did this season, then the bashing will resume!

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Oh jesus I knew you were gonna do this. Its always you. You have to be related to Jalen even at the time you were defending him I SAID IF HE PLAYED BETTER WE WOULD NOT BE SAYING THESE THINGS AND WE WOULD WIN. No to you "YOURE ALL HATERS". Anyway stats dont matter to you and i should have ignored you a long time ago because of that because talking to you is like talking to a wall. There is tons of evidence of that because Jalen had the ball so much and is our shooting guard that someone else in that position would make us way more successful when he was playing badly. Even with everyone else playing the way they were. Jalen is a number 2 pick so a lot is on his shoulders so no you cant say that about most others. Maybe Sengun but Sengun has played well this season except when he hurt his back AND WE STARTED LOSING. The fact that we've had this same convo a billion times now and you still dont get it is beyond annoying. Some players have more responsibility and Jalen is one of them so if he doesn't play well it really hurts us. its that simple. I know you so I know this wont be enough because people have hit you with endless stats and its never enough. So replying to you is a waste of time. Youre only existence is to cry about what people say about Jalen even if its the truth and Im just gonna accept that.

#25 Joe Rocket, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your post exactly why you need to apologize to Jalen you exaggerate and make toxic conclusions about everyone just to not admit you were wrong.

Nobody is denying Jalen played badly even in my post you replied to I said he played badly most of the time. My problem is people like you make him the scapegoat and blame him for every loss even when he was far from the culprit that game.

Jalen getting hate even when he wasn't the dude responsible for the loss I guess you were one of the ones blaming him for everything that's why you are so defensive now.

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I said if Jalen played better we would be a playoff team. He's playing better WE ARE WINNING. So I was right. And you were wrong by my count lol

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can say that to everyone if FVV played like SGA we would be a playoff team. He is playing better so we are winning.

It doesn't take a genius to say if a player plays better the team will have more success. Like no **** bro. Sun is hot and ice is cold you ever knew that?

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ime was COACHING Jalen and making him earn playing time. Jalen was never a terrible player like morons like BTG were running around here saying. Jalen is finally being coached for the first time in his life. It took a little time for Ime's coaching to pay dividends, that's all.

Arnel, AKVerse47, jsb and 4 others like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said it all year - when we play through Alpi it turns Jalen into a spot up shooter - which he is not … he’s a rhythm shooter…

Alpi also clogs the lanes - lanes are now open and he’s driving 5+ more times a game vs when Alpi plays that’s 10+ points alone (when he’s finishing above 70%) cause there isn’t multiple people at the rim

Darth_Kenobi likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Like I said talking to you is like talking to a wall. No one here expects FVV to be SGA. Just a solid leader and vet. Jalen Green is a #2 pick. So people literally expect him to be SGA. You dont get simple things.

13. StroudAndYorDaddy

one of the worst shooters in the league in terms of efficiency and consistency is now making no look 3’s. You can believe this stuff if you want lol. Just remember they can make the ball go in or they can make the ball go out. Same as it ever was since Adam silver took over ( 2014) and decimated the beautiful game I used to love

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Lets be honest here. Jalen was pretty damn bad. Just be honest its ok.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Jalen Green deserves an apology for what? He was really bad for the first 60 games of the year and has been on fire for only the last 10 games. It is a really impressive 10 games but it’s 10 games….

I’m really impressed with his last 10 games and I root for him, but he has to do it longer.

slothy420, Arnel, Y2JT and 8 others like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

SGA is 26 yrs old Jalen is 22. SGA also wasn't a no 2 pick so if expect him to be SGA that's your fault.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

SGA didnt just become good now. SGA in this context is metaphorical "best player". Like I said its hard talking to you because you dont get simple things so you take everything the wrong way or as hate. I have been here seeing your posts it doesnt matter how much data someone shows you, you still think youre right. And even now when what I said is coming true you still think you were right lol Its ridiculous. The player with the most improvement over the last 10 games has been Jalen. AND LOOK AT THAT WE ARE WINNING. But somehow I was wrong to say if he played as expected we would win. You make no sense and youre actually proving me right with every post.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are wrong because you said if Jalen played like an average player we would be winning.

Jalen isn't playing like an average player he is playing like a star. Average players don't drop 40 pt games.

You are the one making zero sense for a 22 yr old to play like one of the best players in the league. Obv that would be great if that happens but there are 14 lotto players in the draft every year so it's not a guarantee.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

HOLY **** YOURE SLOW LOL wow

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah you are the slow one and one of the people hating on Green before so kick grass.

You were a Green hater I'm a Green supporter facts now prove who is the slow one between the 2 of us. Calling me slow when you are the wrong one lmao what nerve.

jsb and anthony59237 like this.