1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Texas lawmakers IMPEACH Attorney General Ken Paxton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, May 25, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Come November, in the privacy of the voting booth, you will pull the lever for trump. You will know... so will folks here. btw, you seem to have a problem differentiating from known criminals (paxton, trump) and politicians you don't agree with.

2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Keep creating fiction. It's all you have. I'm not voting (for president) .. I don't support Trump or Biden. I'm not an idiot. Not calling you names but if you're going to be uncivil and call me Trump supporter then it's fair.

3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Harris is known to abuse her power as a DA. On Biden, I don't believe that he didn't have interaction with his son's business dealings.

You keep bringing up Paxton. I hope he goes to jail. I don't know what else you want me to say

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Gerrymandering is bad, but not really something that causes the problems with Texas executive branch politics because Republican sweep statewide offices. We're like a 52%-to-55% conservative leaning state. I'm speaking specifically to the institutional changes going on in Texas politics over the last 12+ years. It's one thing to be super conservative if you think they're all evil yadda yadda. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's a separate argument. Specifically, even within this conservative Republican party that rules all branches of the Texas government, the executive branch has been laying the groundwork for putting the hammer down on all other branches. This is bad from an institutional perspective, or good if your view is the Texas Constitution matters not at all. I think this can potentially bite Republicans in the ass within a decade. All there needs to be is a populist Decmocrat who wins the governorship to just slam down a bigger hammer because the blueprint has already been done. Then we'll have Republican politicians crying foul when the fact is separation of powers has been destroyed under their watch.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

At some point you have to realize you've been duped. It happens to everyone eventually even with the most mundane of things. Democrats still support democracy in general, the Republicans obviously want to control their constituents through any means necessary. When Trump was president-elect a few democrats tried to protest in the house but couldn't find a single dem senator willing to go along with it.

Fast forward to 2020 when Biden was president-elect the fringe members of the GOP tried to overrun a joint session of congress to prevent certification. The Trump admin also cooked up the fake elector scheme spanning multiple states to try and keep him in power. I could keep going on and on, find me votes, Pence could choose not to certify, on and on and on...

As https://www.youtube.com/@BeauoftheFifthColumn says the GOP wants to rule not represent...

The two parties are NOT the same and if you don't participate in the election process you really don't have a right to grip...

Now I have some basketball and drinking to catch up on. Maybe you'll come around, maybe not...

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the majority of Republicans vote for Trump as their Presidential candidate they vote for MAGA, and a right wing Dictator/Authoritarian coddler, and indicted criminal who spits on Democracy, the law, and the truth. A candidate voted in by the majority of the party is the one they choose to support as their leader. It's not an assumption.

P.S. According to Trump it's now the Trump party, and not the Republican Party anymore.

#266 deb4rockets, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    jo mama likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

I am not the one pretending. I am perfectly up front... I am voting for Biden. You, well, you are creating fiction. You know you will vote for trump. You did before, twice, and come November, you will again. But... keep up the pretense. But remember, come November, everyone knows who you voted for...

8. NewRoxFan

I keep on bringing up paxton? Gee, I wonder why... perhaps its because this is a discussion thread [Breaking] Texas lawmakers IMPEACH Attorney General Ken Paxton ?
    No, which crimes did Harris commit while DA? And your fellow magas can't seem to come up with anything on Biden and its been years. Heck, we just went through a few rounds of hearings and your magas seem to have presented more evidence on trump's activities than anything else.

9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'm always open to hearing different things and you obviously offer a well educated perspective.

If there's a new set of candidates its a possibility. Being honest I need a Bernie Sanders type. Keep providing me with links though. Not joking. I appreciate people like yourself

10. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Keep making things up. You could learn something from @Andre0087 who knows how to hold a conversation which I'll listen to. You have absolutely nothing to offer outside of fiction and hyperbole without substance

11. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Well Trump lies about everything nothing that comes out of his mouth is credible.

I genuinely hope that Trump and Biden's votes are so bad it wakes up the country. I'm very doubtful though.

By the way I do respect your Texams takes and thank you for serving our country. I did want to give you that compliment because enough people don't. Even if we don't agree on politics

B-Bob likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Thank you. I appreciate that very much. I don't hear that often, and it's always nice to hear.

Andre0087, B-Bob and GOATuve like this.
  13. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

You're very welcome. You put your lives on the line and do what most of us can't. I certainly know that I couldn't survive hell work.

I'll reiterate. Thank you. Most people need to say that more often. If it was up toe you'd eat for free everywhere you go instead of giving money to all the politicians.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

Folks like @GOATuve are true patriots. They dislike both canidates but vote against Trump cuz they love this country. We need more folks like him willing to stand up to facism.

Less fake moderate donkeys @basso @Os Trigonum and more @GOATuve . Patriots

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's why I get disgusted with Trump calling the Jan 6th coup Patriots. They are Trumpers, willing to use force, beat police, spray bear spray in their faces, make death threats to politicians, take a dump inside the Capitol building, and try to stop the transfer of power at Trump's command. His version of Patriotism has nothing to do with America, and Democracy. His version of Patriotism is people patriotic to him!
    It takes a real twisted nutjob to start off his rallies and have people stand to pay respect to what he calls J6 Patriots and hostages. The same man who called Prisoners of War Losers. He really is despicable.

#275 deb4rockets, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    astros123 likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

LOL... you must have me confused with someone that cares whether you read my posts. Or that I care of your opinion of my posts. And if I was interested in your thoughts I'd watch newsmax...

17. NewRoxFan

LOL... this should be posted on The Onion.

18. astros123

astros123 Member

What am I missing? He doesn't like neither party but thinks trump is a bigger threat and won't vote for him? He's a stand up guy

19. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Edit. I overrated

20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Yes I'm completely independent. I'll never vote for Trump under any situation. If the government does their job we won't have to worry. It seems like the idiot is out of money and his lawyers have abandoned him so he'll probably end up overseas with a treaty that can't touch him. Either way anyone who votes for him is a complete moron

deb4rockets and astros123 like this.