1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Texas lawmakers IMPEACH Attorney General Ken Paxton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, May 25, 2023.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I swear, we have the most corrupt politicians in the country and its not even close..................Paxton is a POS and him and Patrick deserve each other, remember the good ole days when patrick was a third rate tv talking head.

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

4. Buck Turgidson

5. NewRoxFan

Looks like the crooked felon Texas attorney general is getting a plea bargain deal...

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Texas Politics. This charge really wasn't as bad as the stuff he's been getting away with the last 6 years, but it's been so long that I may be mistaken. Paxton and Abbott just kicked off 3 Criminal Court of Appeals judges (it's like the Supreme Court of Texas for crime instead of civil) simply for correctly applying a clear part of the Texas Constitution. I'm writing figuratively. There was a campaign against them and everything. They got primaried. That's pretty tyrannical though. Our state executive branch has abandoned all institutional norms and balance, and the legislature is kowtowing to it, and purging their own who do not.

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

He's a scumbag. Now do Kamala Harris and Gavin Newsom

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s sad state for Texas voters that an indicted attorney general who’s is supposed to enforce the laws of the state, is still in office and re-elected.

It’s a warning to the rest of the country that could put back an office someone who is supposed to be the chief law enforcement officer of the land.

deb4rockets, FranchiseBlade and Amiga like this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Both of them combined don't have the level of corruptness that Ken Paxton does. Both sides are not the same and Republicans are generally more corrupt yet claim some type of moral high ground in order to justify it.

10. NewRoxFan

Which felonies do either Harris and Newsom have? paxton has two first degree fraud and one third degree fraud charge since 2015.

11. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Harris certainly does. She abused her power as a DA. Newsome is probably close too. I think both sides are garbage. When you're arguing who is more corrupt that isn't a good thing

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather get beat down and robbed (Dems) vs tortured, starved, raped, and gut shot...then tossed on the sidewalk to slowly bleed out (GOP). There's a large difference between the two that somehow people cannot be cognizant of.

Xopher and deb4rockets like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Gerrymandering, voter suppression Trump butt kissers who wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to prove voter fraud and election fraud. Right Wing "so called Christians" who pander to chemical spewing companies skirting regs and poisoning people, and attending NRA rallies while turning their back on kids being buried down the road from a school shooting.

14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'd rather not have either happen. I think that's were our society is lost. Like I mentioned before we're making our decision between a corrupt guy who belongs in federal prison and a guy who doesn't know where he is most of the time (I think Biden was corrupt too). I also realize that a vote for Biden is essentially a vote for Harris. Can't do that .

15. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Do you realize that Trump has his own cult following? Most Republicans are not MAGA. There's a huge difference. Your side of the coin isn't better either. They're both corrupt

16. NewRoxFan

In other words... neither has broken the law, and the only reason you mention them is that they are Democrats, and you oppose their political positions. Yet you compare them to a felon.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The GOP party and most Republicans in the country are endorsing Mr. MAGA as their President, and the GOP party has gifted an indicted felon and election denier, grifter, and pathological liar a cash cow to pay his legal fees, with his daughter in law running the show. You say they aren't MAGA, but that's a play on words.

Whether they wear Trump hats and costumes and attend his circus rallies or not, if they support him, then they support a hate spewing psychopathic con in a red hat. They support a man who idolizes autocrats and dictators more than rulers who believe in Democracy. They support feeding the rich, starving the poor, support no price caps on prescription drug prices, price gouging by big corporations, and healthcare for only those who can afford it. They support white privilege, and a two-tiered justice system, and support widening the gap between rich and poor. I don't see that as better in any shape or form.

As for corrupt, you are a fool if you believe Trump has an honest bone in his body. The guy has been a grifting cheat and con his entire life.

#257 deb4rockets, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  18. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

You can believe whatever you want. I could say the same thing about you only supporting them because they're Democrats. You know absolutely nothing about me. You're just making a blanket assumption to support your narrative. Harris is a known scumbag. Everyone who has come in contact with her speaks on what a terrible person she is.

19. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I can't stand Donald Trump so a lot of your reply is lost on me personally. I hope he goes to jail and we never have to hear from him again although I realize that's unlikely to happen.

I also don’t know how you can speak for a large group of people. That's an assumption on your end. Would I agree that any Republican won't vote for a Biden-Harris ticket? Of course because they're trash just like Trump yet you're more than willing to support them. That's as bad as the MAGA idiots supporting Trump

20. NewRoxFan

I will ask you a third time... what felony has Harris or Newsom violated. Heck, what misdemeanor? I have focused on paxton's three felonies that almost nine years later he will plea out to avoid prosecution.

jo mama likes this.