1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Turkish Stiff vs. Sturdy Guy . . . preferred nomenclature??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 21, 2024.

?

What is the preferred nomenclature?

1. Sturdy for sure . . . IYKYK

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. I think Turkish stiff is funny . . . SOFs need to relax

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Turkish stiff is offensive . . . only evil people would think it's funny

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. SOHs ought to bring back "Al Pee"

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I'm an SOF so I'm good with "Franchise Player"

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  6. The Big Lebowski . . . what a great film

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean okay but I have a hard time following you. Would you please elaborate on what you mean? Are you saying American Indian nations are Red but Chinese Mongolians and Turkic/Tatars are Yellow? What is your point? I am really confused.

For one, I am not talking about races. I am not even talking about racism. I am talking about decent behavior. Being a good person and treat others the way you want to be treated. That's all!

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

What the **** has happened here?

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are overlapping ideologies. Some of my favorite players were white so what? I've never made my presence here or in my personal life dependent on a societal construct of race. Its an obvious flaw in all of our thinking and each persons experience with or without it will determine their outlook. The difference between humans and animals is the ability to choose how to treat one another. History is quite clear how the distribution of alleles and subsequent conquering of different lands around the world shape us. Winners get to write history, but therein lies one of our biggest problems - ignoring the facts. I didnt spend too much time thinking about Turkey prior to Sengun admittedly, but after he arrived and brought with him some "baggage" I took it upon myself to learn more and honestly I was disappointed. You sit on a perch asking for tolerance and portray yourself in a certain regard that doesnt seem to come across in your words. You speak in half truths. You keep saying that Im aligned with a Black perception of reality, but thats not the case. Post 44 was attached a letter in response to a person just like you! Reread it and glean a more intimate view how I (singularly) view this topic. Im sorry if people from Turkey feel maligned, downtrodden, beat down and subjugated. That is something that I can understand and have empathy for, but in the same breath remember that American perceptions on race have a more clear delineation on skin color than the ethnic displacment from Europe.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So a 'turkish stiff' isn't when you skip out on paying a bill?

rhino17 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Garm is not the place for decency.

6. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I will sign my name under 95% everything you said above. However, dont think you know everything about Turkey just because you "searched" about it. I am sure you would be surprised to learn that, according to my DNA, my ancestors came out of Africa, 40,00 years ago and settled in southwestern part of Caucasus. So, I am a caucasian by all means. Not in the racial sense necessarily but geographically. Many empires went through that region. At one point, they were Greeks. As a matter of fact, I know they were because of long lost relatives, my father found and how they were speaking ancient tongue of Greek. So dont tell me I am speaking half truths.

The most important thing you learn in college is not the knowledge you gain in this or that but having an open mind, a questioning mind and researching mind and not ever making absolute judgments. Peace out!

7. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe!

8. Ancient Moabite

That's the trick bag since they created the race color code schism in the 1730s

You tell me who is the Red race, just like you would have to decipher the other 4

Is modern Asian people yellow? Because prior to early 1900 they were swarthy/dark copper

You cant separate race/racism, its like saying points/scoring buckets or how they call a negro/black the same as afri-american

They are literally having a race where one color is trying to stay in front of all others, the color of other nations(races) come from the dominant gene broken down to the lowest recessive (yellow/white = baby race/last creation)

But the color status code used in modern USA 1776 comes from Euro nobility who were swarthy and they had two class status (black/white) and the White status was the ruling & sovereign class and the other class was the dependent/servitude class, no matter your skin tone

Under Treaties with the Amarakans the royal cousins came over with their 13 colonial plantation Slavic subjects (albion/mauro denizens) who were the Christian/English subjects of the colonies of new England under George III ((light skin/tawny Mauro)

Checkout the book ''Ancient and Modern Britons'' by David McRitchie who explains this legal & political status of black/white

The Europeans (and African/Asian) are using the Free White Persons status which means they are naturalized citizens of the U.S. and they get that status with their Nationality attached being they may be from Egypt or Kenya (obama) or from Germany/Irish etc

But you can't use just white or any of the other colors because those are slave brand marks of commerce

Black label is a trillion dollar a year business, that's why Black Lives Matter, because folks are confessing or proclaiming to the world they are Minor-ity (child like mind/stateless), same as White and other brand names like Latino etc

Why do you think they never created a White History Month?

Because it would get dismantled in 24 hrs and everybody will see the fraud that it is

White was first used in a play write in the 1600's, around the same time fake Black History slave narrative started, around 1619/20

Once they create a yellow/red/brown/white history month to celebrate and the NBA puts it on their court to honor all five colors, then I will believe it and bring in the entire box of coloring crayons to the table

Hopefully this brings you clarity, if not pray to Yehoshua for answers

#88 Ancient Moabite, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  9. Ancient Moabite

Ancient Turkey(torcs) were originally in the Americas around the Carolinas territory, which is why the old flag from America and the modern flag/country created jurisdiction over east hemisphere are closely alike, almost identical

Put it like this, since 1492 they have lied about it all, from a new world to just moving in to a giant building and calling a post office etc

That is why they are the Founders of something, they literally found it there and put their name on it

Just like they ''framed'' the Constitution that came from the Mauro Confederacy called the Iroquois/Ouachita they admit this in their U.S. Congressional Records

They literally put the constitution in a frame and it is used to keep them in check (& balances)

I don't think people realize how modern most of these countries are, my Grandmother/father are older than most (or all) of them

Before it was made into a continent, Africa was used as a designation

The Americas is chartered as Northwest&Southwest Africa, or what is known as the father Ham dominions, and the east hemisphere is the son Cush dominions

The land (amexem) evenly divided, which is why they said the Ethiopians of the West and the Ethiopians of the East

And back then it was 3 Ethiopias which was basically the entire earth (EurAsia/Ame-Rica/Af-Rica), and they called themselves Moorenlanders and the name of Ethiopia was Moorenland

#89 Ancient Moabite, Mar 22, 2024
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

was wondering why this 1.1/10 thread suddenly had so many replies

no surprises here

11. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

What? You dont connect the right dots, buddy! This is also the last time I am responding to a non-basketball topic. With all due respect, I dont have time for this.

The "ancient" flag of Turks, among many others, are mostly include a wolf head or double headed eagle. The current Turkish flag is likely originated in Egypt, although there is some argument that it was taken from Ottoman navy, too. The Ottoman flag had three crescent moons with green background.

https://stock.adobe.com/images/the-ottoman-empire-the-ottoman-flag/118566752
    https://www.alamy.com/gokturks-gokturk-flag-image547125909.html

Star of David was even used by Muslim Turks during the Karaman dynasty. Just because there is Star of David doesn't make it a jewish state. The similarities between SC flag and Turkish flag because of crescent doesn't necessarily mean there is connection. Or it is the right connection.

https://www.jta.org/jewniverse/2018/the-muslim-kingdom-and-the-israeli-flag
    https://www.ut.edu/about-ut/history

Carlos Slim Helú is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. From 2010 to 2013, Slim was ranked as the richest person in the world. His nick name is el Turco because his ancestors were from Lebanon. They immigrated to Mexico from Lebanon using Ottoman passports. That doesn't mean he was ethnically Turkish. Empires always had multitude of nations within their borders.

The "ancient' belief system of Turks is Tengrism, which some of its customs are still practiced in Turkey today, like Wishing trees...Who are Torcs, btw? First time the word Turk used is during the Gokturk (Sky Turks) dynasty. Gok or sky is a reference to their belief system, Tengrism.

https://www.dailysabah.com/life/2019/06/17/superstitions-busted-wishing-trees

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengrism

You need to check your sources buddy. Dont believe everything you read on the internet or social media.

HardenReturns likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why the extra 0.1? That's quite kind.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You are thinking of the Torqs they invented/ discovered the mathematical concept to measure the power of twist.

14. Ancient Moabite

Nah, I meant what I posted, what you are saying may be on point since words usually have around 14 diff meanings, but the etymon is always the root which springs forth the denotative and corrupted connotative meanings

There is no ancient said Turk, that is a political designation that specifies a geo location of territory with a flag/land based on Treaties made from 1600 to late 1800s

But everything in America is based on Treaty of 1492 which is tied to the fake New World doctrine of discovery 1492

#94 Ancient Moabite, Mar 22, 2024
    Houstunna likes this.
  15. Ancient Moabite

I don't feel like digging in the archives to showcase sources not posted on internet

The Americas is the original Egypt

Go read the book ''Lincoln trip to Egypt''...... He is talking about Illinois

Its why the America's has the most and oldest Pyramid University in the Yucatan area

You don't have enough erudition to speak about old world America

Its why the America's has the most biblical place names

You know you posted sources from the internet

Pot meet kettle

But when I get some time I will be sure to post the flags and any other sources to showcase how the America's is ancient Atlantis as showcased on old maps from the 1400/1600's

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Why do all these nicknames sound like something from a box of Camel cigarettes?

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

are people really that angry they called Sengun a stiff?

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

You wanna talk about a stiff…
    [​IMG]
    Described by experts and fans alike as “stiff” and “robotic”.

“That big Turkish stiff is out of the way and now Jalen Green can play his game.”
    “When that stiff is off the floor, the Rockets can play they way they should and they’re great.”
    “Get that clogger out of the middle.”
    “Big Stiff is outta here and Jalen can thrive.”
    “Get that weird European dude off the floor.”
    “That’s not even the good part of Europe. It’s Turkey.”
    ”That’s why I said weird. Get that weird European stiff off the floor.”
    “Where people eat dirt.”

Idiots: “Lighten up Sengun fans! What they said is hilarious!”

#99 J.R., Mar 22, 2024
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why can't my stupid threads get this much attention