1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Will Succeed Diane Feinstein in the US Senate?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 3, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Schiff is the heavy favorite to win but I’m still don’t like the strategy of propping up an extremist from the other side to make your side easier.

That works until it doesn’t and the consequences can be severed. For example I’m sure Hillary Clinton in October of 2016 thought it was great she was running against Trump compared to a more conventional Republican.

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I don't live in California (haven't since 2000) so I didn't have a horse in this race, but if I had I would have voted for Porter who I think has been great as a congresswoman. But claiming the election was rigged was as bad as trump and lake...

3. NewRoxFan

Too little, too late. Disappointing from someone I really respected...

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

And appears to have for many years...

The sports world's biggest tax cheats
    Originally Published: April 15, 2010
    https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=igoe/100415

5. adoo

adoo Member

For years, Garvey and his wife, Candace, have neglected bills large and small, leaving dozens of people who either worked for them or sold them merchandise
    wondering if they were ever going to get paid.

The Garveys drove luxury cars, shopped in upscale boutiques and traveled extensively even as they were pursued by creditors. Garvey’s gardener took him to small claims court to recover $1,773. A mirror installer did the same over $809. A caterer received a court order to seize valuable artwork from the Garveys until they paid her $14,000 bill.

Garvey owes attorneys more than $300,000, according to court records.

Many a former athlete has fallen on hard times, but Garvey -- known during his Dodger days as “Mr. Clean” -- is different. As his own financial troubles deepened, he continued to cast himself as a principled and accomplished businessman, charging up to $10,000 to give motivational speeches.

Records show that the Garveys have made a habit of dodging payments on almost every type of expense. Phone, gas and electric bills have been delinquent. Checks to the local supermarket have bounced.

Fed up with not getting paid, the Garveys’ pediatrician wrote a letter in March 2003 stating that any future medical services provided to their children would be on a “cash-only” basis.

Even the Garveys’ church had to wait nearly a year to receive the $2,700 it was owed for items the couple had agreed to buy at a charity auction, according to documents and interviews.

And, in violation of a court ruling, Garvey unilaterally decided to cut in half the amount of child support he was ordered to pay for a son he had out of wedlock. Just last year a judge threatened to jail Garvey if he failed to make payments in the future.

Until two years ago, Garvey and his wife lived in a $5-million mansion overlooking Utah’s world-renowned ski resorts. Yet despite the appearance of wealth, Garvey -- under penalty of perjury -- has repeatedly said in court declarations that he is deeply in debt.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a scumbag to be running for Senate. Typical Republican like Trump. Screwing others for their luxurious lifestyles.