1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who will you trade next season?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. Alperen Sengun

9.5%
  2. Jalen Green

19.4%
  3. None

71.1%
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen in a heart beat!

HardenReturns and daywalker02 like this.
  2. monster

monster Member

One week ago, Jalen was a total bust and Alpy was a franchise great. Now everyone is a JG lover and Alpy is washed up.

It’s embarrassing.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mostly the same guys that are stirring the pot and trying to rally the undecided majority or the ones waveringly before.

But what is hot and new.....

#43 daywalker02, Mar 20, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen has played well for approximately 2 weeks this season. For those who think we can build around him and should thus trade Sengun, are you 100% confident Jalen isn’t just having a Jeremy Lin moment and won’t regress to the mean?

If you want to clear the lanes, why would you trade Alpi for two guys whose only offense is from the dunkers spot? Defenders will happily pack the paint even if Duren or Ausar are on the perimeter.

maypk and Tempington like this.
  5. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

just wait for the OKC game...smh

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This fanbase is so dumb. Jalen has a few good games against subpar teams and you idiots start pitting them against each other. We have both and you need more than one star to win why trade either? Why is this even a question on this dumb board?

Ardeus, IvanLCPM, OremLK and 6 others like this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Neither. God forbid you like 2 players on your team

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Even if its not a Lin moment you need more than one star to win in the NBA. Last I checked we were playing great with Sengun too against tougher teams.

Old School74 likes this.
  9. sydmill

sydmill Member

It is on Udoka to figure out how to meld these two somewhat competing styles into something that works. Dream and Clyde figured it out. So did Shaq and Kobe. Tim Duncan had several perimeter players that had high usage over his career. If you cant play with other good players then I wonder how good you really are. Good teammates should make things easier, not harder. Easiest thing would probably be to push the pace until the defense gets set at which point you put the ball in Sengun's hands and run tons of motion.

10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It is actually a few idiots that start pitting them against each other, the rest of us are just idiots to react to them.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Going through the game logs of the season and all our "quality" wins and those box scores are very interesting!

12. verysimplejason

I just want to know what the GARM was thinking. Also, I want to consolidate those discussions inside separate topics regarding Sengun and Green. It's fun because at this point, it's just good to speculate and share ideas. People here might not agree with all the points but at least everybody's getting heard. I don't know about SOF, SOH, GOF, GOH, but I feel it's good to know what everybody thinks.

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

And another...

Bahahahahahahaha!

14. MystikArkitect

Yay another thread pitting our fans against each other.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's more likely that there are SOFH than SOH

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen has show us this level of play in the past. Its become a running theme if Jalen's play after the ASB. However the things Im seeing, is on the defensive end, the playmaking and the aggression.

I said it at the start of the season, that he was struggling because this is his first time playing in a structured offense; FVV was slowly bring the ball up the court, dropping it to Sengun, all while your guards and forwards were standing on the perimeter. Thats not Jabari, Tari, Jalen and Cam's game.

Im not saying Sengun is a bad player, he is good but is his style of play FIT the others??

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Lmao the sample size has been small, but Jeremy Lin? No matter what anyone says about Green, he is a generational athlete and draft reports were calling him a future potential league leading scorer. Lin came out of no where which is why it was such a big deal. Anyone who thinks we should trade either are morons, why would you trade an extremely high IQ elite big who is an extremely willing passer? A shoot-first star guard doesn't exactly conflict with such a player, Kobe-Pau being a near perfect comparison even if neither were to reach the levels of those players.

18. maypk

maypk Member

That's where your dumbass logic crumbles into bits. Your best player doesn't have to fit the others, others have to fit your best player.

19. maypk

maypk Member

I know why. Because the shoot-first star guard you're talking about can't shoot. I need more than 2 efficient games against the worst defense in the history of the league.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Alpi is the much better player but Jalen is a MUCH easier player to build around. I'm trading no one right now, but I'm also not rushing to sign anyone to a long term deal until I have learned more next year. They can't ALL get max deals and if Sengun returns next year missing that range we had hope he would pick up, I'm taking a "max" deal off the table for him and waiting to see.