1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    TWOLVES vs NUGGETS GAME 7. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
?

Who will you trade next season?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. Alperen Sengun

9.5%
  2. Jalen Green

19.4%
  3. None

71.1%
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dissention is like a drug addiction on here.. Even crackheads will try to prove a point that crack ain't that bad and it's kinda fun

verysimplejason and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, you're not allowed to celebrate Jalen's successes after a 3 year assassination attempt. Stick to worshipping woman beaters ;)

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wow...logged into ClutchFans to see what was going on in here today.

gross

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am allowed to cheer for my Rocket's team however I want to - been doing it longer than you have been alive...over 50 years a fan my boy......

And no one has beaten a women, that would be Felonious assault. Something no one has been convicted of.

People should mind their own business and not try to control what others think or do, or cheer for, they would be much happier in life.

DD

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I have discussed this on many occassions and I think to truly maximize the talents of Jalen, Cam, Jabari, Tari and Amen, you have to focus on OPEN LANES.

If you look at the game last night, they were doing PNRs at or near the top of the key, spreading the court, similar to when Harden was here.

Also, its about fit. SOFs were CRYING for the longest to get Alpi more playing time, more touches, well if the ball is going through Alpi everytime down the court, you are negating the other players talents, especially Jabari. Jabari had 18pts and 14rbs last night, FVV had a good game, everybody! The ball was popping and players were moving.

If you look at the GSW, one of the most high powered offenses in league history, I don't think they would be as proficient as they are with a center who requires the ball. Their offense is predicated on wide open lanes, cutting and shooting. Jalen isn't no where near Steph but he is at his best when the lanes are open and he'sable to move more w/o thinking as much. So is Jabari, Tari, Cam and Amen.

Let me get this straight before SOFs get offended. I like Sengun but I LOVE the Rockets, which is why I propose this trade. Sengun for Ausar and Duren. Its about fit!

C- Duren, Adams
    PF - Jabari, Tari
    SF - Brooks, Ausar
    SG - Green, Cam
    PG - FVV, Amen

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is an excellent post, and said pretty much what I was trying to say, only better.

I think you play the Open fast paced style as option 1, and you contrast it on occassion with Sengun's low post game, but essentially that is now option 2.

DD

7. invocux

invocux Member

Jalen. Praying he leaves soon. I want Anfernee Simons here.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

I prefer Dream or Wilt

But on serious note .....Both

The game has always (most part)been built around talented Big + Guard when constructing ship caliber squad

AS was already putting up all star-ish numbers, Green has the talent to be that as well, you let them prove it until rookie deal is up and take it from there

Next yr will be way more clear in phase 2 movement

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao you only play that until the Playoffs then you would need that low post threat and the one that takes you over the hump in close games....

But then you traded him away.....the short sightedness again and again until the end of times.

Gergin likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My only problem with that theory is Alpi is at his best when he has the ball in his hands on a regular basis. He is a totally different player this yr, than what he was in previous yrs.

When he has to share the ball or when the offense is not going through him, he is not the same player. Ime even said, when things aren't going his way or the ball is not going through him, he is a different player

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is for Ime to figure out and not for Stone to toss people in trades......

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This is a fan discussion, how would you figure it out?

I could be wrong but I think it has to be one or the other for the player's talents to be maximized. They can play together but Jalen and Jabari would be stuck behind the 3pt line taking jumpers.

13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There isn't a need to trade either. This season and next will answer a lot of questions about which direction this team goes. That includes players, coach, AND GM (if Tilman is smart.) We also need to remember that Stone is a novice so don't be surprised when he doesn't have the creativity or guts to do anything but max extend both this offseason.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The solution is a hierarchy.....just let them fight it out.....if Green comes out on top then build around Green....

A hierarchy structures things like this and fans are not confusing a different playing style for a genocide revolution.

But both should be given at least one or two more years. Just pay the luxury tax.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

how many 1st round picks can we get for both?

I mean why get competetive, when we can all become professional scouts and do year round draft analysis.

javal_lon likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is dumb. We were already playing well and moving the ball better in space before Alpi went down. It's like you have a picture in your mind of Sengun as this slow, plodding guy who only plays in the low-post, and that's just not the actual reality. He sets fantastic screens and helps initiate the action at the perimeter, often finishes the play as the roll man not out of the post, and has flashed the ability to make both midrange jump shots and three pointers this season.

cbass, AlperenSengun and subtomic like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bari scores precisely the same or similarly with Alpe than without Alpe, he just took a back seat to the shot attempts of Green.

The run and gun game actually relieved FVV and Dillon Brooks of their scoring duties.......more than anything else.

And they can go back to their defensive duties.

subtomic likes this.
  18. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

AS&JG...&Tari&Bari....&Cam&Amen!

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats what u got a coach for... its his job to meld that talent into a successful unit... thats why u build a culture - so guys are willing to take on whatever role is asked of them for the betterment of the team... we'll see what happens...

Personally, i'm against this whole 1 type of play mindset - have been since before MDA and just chuck as many 3s as you can...You want options. You wanna be able to switch it up based on what the defense is throwing at you.... thats why i was never a 'lets put all our eggs in the James Harden basket" guy - defenses can gear on 1 or even 2 guys... i'd rather build a Pistons championship type team where anybody can be the diff on any given night...
    but i'm old...
    i get told frequently about what flies in 'todays NBA'...
    we'll see...
    ;) lol

harold bingo likes this.
  20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Seems that's what folks on here get exited about the most... Lol Some dude averaging 10 pts and 5 rebs at Colgate University solves all the problems lol .. He's my sleeper pick in the 2nd rd

BigMaloe likes this.