1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who will you trade next season?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. Alperen Sengun

9.5%
  2. Jalen Green

19.4%
  3. None

71.1%
  1. verysimplejason

Just for fun. ;) I will be the instigator once. It seems that the 2 Rockets stars aren't made for each other. It's either you play fast with JG, or slow with AS. For me, I'd rather play fast as it is the current trend. Fast and 3s, that's the name of the game. However, I'm also alright with playing slow with AS. I feel that Rockets will be successful with either player as the foundation of the team, mediocre with both. Either way, you will need to trade one of them to get a better complimentary player. Tari and Bari are good complimentary pieces with both though I'd argue that Tari's better with JG. Bari's versatile. FVV, Amen, and Cam, they're also good with either players.

Of course, I will be glad to be wrong. I feel both of them are excellent players in their own way. Deep inside, I still want them to play together. They started both with Rockets afterall. It's not too farfetched to hope they could play and mesh together. I mean they've both got the tools to do it. They just need to adjust each other's game. Right?

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

This is not fun. I am not having fun. My fun meter is low.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like where does this narrative that sengun can't play fast come from? Is it from the same place that has sengun being a bad defender/unathletic?

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen and Alpie will make it work. They genuinely care for one another and the ability to morph between play styles on a whim will make this team a contender sooner rather than later. There is no need to pit players and fans against themselves - leave that to the SOFs who are suddenly quiet as church mice. The accumulation of talent Stone has put on the court is a dynasty in the making.

Trust the process.

5. verysimplejason

Well, you can vote, none. C'mon, let's have fun. Rockets is still surging towards the playoffs. :cool:

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I know the stat for pace isn’t exactly the same as how fast you play, but….

From Jan 1 until Senguns injury(33 games) the Rockets were 6th in the league in pace
    In the 4 games since Senguns injury the Rockets are 3rd in the league in pace

7. verysimplejason

And I agree with you mate. I hope they are able to play together successfully eventually.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Love that Jalen has started to become a good basketball player, and I do think he’ll end up being successful. But until I trust the shooting, he’s on my trade block.

9. vince

vince Member

Green has been overthinking his game. I think he’s so happy Sengun has excelled, he tried to confine his game within Sengun’s strengths.

I think Green and Sengun can excel in their own style, while complicating each others games. Green has shown he does not have to be scoring to impact the game, so he can bide his time for his offensive production. In years past if Green wasn’t scoring he was a negative on the court.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The ones who do it are the SOF and SOH. Agree with the rest.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's very simple jason ... none.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is corny. Not fun.

saleem and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Jalen had kept playing poorly the rest of the season I'd have been onboard with trading him if the return was decent. Now I think I might be back to "wait and see", provided he doesn't fall off a cliff again to close out the season.

So for now, neither. Thank you, goodbye.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all Sengun has had the ability to play fast or slow. Secondly Jalen was already balling before Sengun went down. Third Jalen and Sengun get along really well and have great chemistry, when Jalen had his game Sengun was one of the happiest guys on the team.

These are all rare, lots of times you have costars who are indifferent (Embiid/Harden) or even hate each other (Shaq/Kobe).

16. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Honestly I didn't read the question. I read the thread title and assumed it meant who to keep. If Green can sustain his recent play going forward those two will just have to figure out how to work together.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you need both, but what you need to do is PICK a direction in pace, I think you pick Jalen's speed as the primary and you run run run and play, and when teams counter that you go low post with Alpi....

Basically we have versatility that no other team has.

This is a good thing.

DD

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sengün is still the gold mine.......and I think you will get better returns when he turns 25+ .....

Turkish market over Pinoy market right now.

And then build around Amen and Cameron Whitmore. Hopefully Alperen is still here.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disqualified title.

charlieaustin likes this.
  20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

pace also depends on who you play with and since senguns injury rockets played with wizards(ranked 1st) twice and san antonio(ranked 3rd). needless to say also that it is a very small sample size.

harold bingo likes this.