1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Western Conference player of the Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OnNotice, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

kpdark, Dobbizzle and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. Ancient Moabite

His J shot falling reminds me of what they use to say about the Answer, and that's how Green has been making defenders look lately, like the Answer use to do

His current 10 or so game stretch is all NBA caliber ... But he has to reach 15 games for it to be legit according to the anti club, then it has to carry over first 41 games of next yr etc

fchowd0311 and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

Its amazing what improving your finish at rim/3pt % does for your game and team

And the best way to build and keep confidence is to show out against the lesser opponent and show up against the better ones, I don't expect Green to drop 40 on the Heat or other top Def. teams but I expect 22-25 on 45% fg and 35-40% on three with a 55/56 ts%, not like the 75+ts% he put up against Wizards and lesser teams

Another diff about this post ASB version as opposed to past couple years is that the Rockets were tanking and now you got rookie Amen saying they want to win out/make play-in

This stretch his play is not just for empty stats, the games have way more meaning, which is great for the young bulls, just wish the injured ones were playing now

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

his last 9 ( march ) have been 26/ 6 reb/ 3.4 assists. ... .622 TS very good.

If that was his season long average he'd be at #12 in the league at scoring , but 5 of the guys ahead of him on the list ( luka , shai , mitchell, booker, and ant ) play SG ... so even if he keeps up this level ... its not all NBA.

That bar is incredibly high . He would need to continue to elevate his offense and bring more on defense to be in that conversation.

All NBA is literally the 3 best SG , or 6 best guards. ( and curry brunson and fox have him beat in scoring based on their season averages )

He's been playing like a top 10 sg for the last 10 which is incredibly promising.

Ive gotten into with @fchowd0311 before . He may think im a hater , im not . I was just arguing that ( last year and rookie year and begining of this year ) that Jalen green was not a "good" player.

If he keeps this up , he will be better than good.

I'm skeptical. But not unhopeful . We will see how Well he plays when he gives consistent effort and is consistently paid attention to. Hopefully stone can do his part and continue to put good players on the floor with him.

AroundTheWorld and HillBoy like this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

Those numbers would put him in the discussion, especially if they had a Celtics type record, which is why Brown/Tatum put up all NBA caliber numbers and get more praise for best record

You are looking way too deep into this, didn't the Celtics just give Brown like 300 mill$? I know Brown brings value as well defensively but he is not worth his deal but got it

So those numbers past 10 games are all NBA caliber, him not making one of the 3 all NBA teams (if those were his full season #s) would be deemed as a snub, or having to showcase it one more year to make it more obvious

Similar to how how they did AS, who was playing all star level and some think he got snubbedf, but was the newbie and they went with others who been there done that

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  6. verysimplejason

Being a father must have cleared his mind. I hope there are more babies to come. :oops:

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Every player has hot steaks and slumps. It's how you deal with it that makes or breaks you.

We all know when Green gets hot he rides that high and is better in every aspect of his game. On the other side, when he was slumping earlier this season he was so down he looked like he wants to quit basketball.

I think fundementals is what stops your slumps at the end of the day. Steph has gone through shooting slumps too, but he has confidence in his fundementals that he still plays the same way until he gets hot again. Green starts second guessing everything he does when he plays bad.

I think the hot streak is great and we are winning games, but at the end of the day there's a lot that needs fixing in the off season. We can't afford to have a player that just goes rock bottom for half a season mentally.

Will, Patience, HillBoy and 1 other person like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sarcasm

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Many folks chalk up his early season struggles same as previous seasons. But I choose to believe this year’s struggle is more because he had to make major adjustments to his game: first time playing in a structured system, putting effort on defense as well, having to learn to coexist with a surging center in Alpi, etc. The fact that he’s having his usual post-all-star surge is maybe because it just took him long enough to figure things out?

We’ll have to see what happens next season I guess, that’s if he’s not traded in the offseason of course. I highly doubt he’ll be traded. But some people can’t wait to ship him out the last trade deadline. So what do I know.

Monkeychef02 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alpe was already surging under SIlas, people just never noticed that he played that well despite Silas.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He was playing well under Silas, but not THIS well. People are advocating for him to get MIP award for a reason.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was already scratching at 16-7-3 and that without the Fred VanVleet 2 Man Game.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He’s 21-9-5 now. It’s a big jump

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, nothing has changed, the clamors and voices to trade him are louder than before, than ever to be exact.

Which is pretty ridiculous......oh wow the annual Green show is on again......wait till he has his contract extension and how he looks then.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Salty.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. kpdark

kpdark Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and KingCheetah like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

sengun was always talented he was just hindered by kpj and silas

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

No argument from me on that. I’m just saying, whatever the reason is, Sengun was much less of a focal point on offense than he is this season, which is one of the big adjustments that Jalen had to make.

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His usage is also through roof so that plays apart, Bari is avg 18-9 in his place with 1/4 the usage … not to discredit ALPI

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]