1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power Tools….

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

"In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man. And now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can"

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, just let fate take the wheel lol

3. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I use Milwaukee M12 for the more commonly used tools like driver, drill, and flashlight. 12V is more than enough power for those tools and the more compact sizes is nice.

Then have Ryobi 18v for everything else because their tools are so much cheaper than Milwaukee's.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

"dropkick me, Jesus, through the goalposts of life"

Well, there's a man down there...

boomboom and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm a Ryobi guy for handheld tools as well as trimmer. I like the variety--I even have a little cordless blower which is great for sweeping out the garage or clearing the sidewalk after mowing the front lawn.

We went the DIY route and replaced a lot of carpet with wood floors a couple of years ago, so I bought a 12-inch Kobalt miter saw with stand and a Harbor Freight cheap-o table saw. Both have met my needs just fine. Still use the miter on occasion, but may sell the table saw shortly.

[​IMG]

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I have primarily used Milwaukee because of the Impact wrenches. I replaced the front-end suspensions with that M18 1/2 inch and the M12 Stubby. The power over Ryobi tools is Noticeable.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. body slam

body slam Member

Ryobi for around the house weekend warrior stuff. We use Milwaukee at work for more everyday use. I honestly don't see much of a noticeable difference but a again I don't use Ryobi everyday.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Hilti, or GTFO

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pretty much this. Tons of 20v DeWalt but I love my Milwaukee impact driver.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. the shark

the shark Member

When I see a thread titled, "Power tools", thought it would be about the CLUB NOT actual power tools

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I was hoping it would be

13. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

ryobi's 18V line has so many options. HD has good tool+battery deals. i know its not a pro-line, but its priced well and has worked nicely for me

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Count me in the Ryobi camp. I bought a few tool when I was just getting into my home and then decided I'd just stick to that whole ecosystem, because no real need in having multiple kinds of batteries and chargers. None of the tools have broken, but I'm not a professional using tools everyday. I do some DIY stuff and that's proven to be enough. I even got their electric lawnmower and leaf blower (although that's on their 40v system). They're "good enough", but I don't brag about them when I'm around my buddies that do contractor type work.

My brother is an electrician and poo poo's my tools every time I bring them out, lol.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

need a bench grinder to replace an ancient Craftsman 6" inherited from my father. Anyone have advice, favorites to recommend, etc? need at least an 8" wheel

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have a Ridgid table saw, a Porter Cable sawzall but most everything else I have is Ryobi including my mitre saw. I was going to splurge and get a DeWalt mire saw but my daughter surprised me with the Ryobi and for my projects it is works well enough.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Have you considered a Boban?