1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Western Conference player of the Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OnNotice, Mar 18, 2024.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You don’t think bobbythegreat calls 70%+ of the people he comes across in real life stupid/dumb/ignorant/low IQ etc or laughs at people in person when their child is autistic? He only comes online to let out his miserable personality while hiding behind a screen? Surprising!!

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if jalen brewer could just shoot as well as roosh can rap, he woulda won eastern conf player of the week too

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Read through 16 pages of this ish thread and then tell me there's few to none haters out there....

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/jalen-green-is-going-to-be-a-father.322592/

Dobbizzle and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Well that’s not going to work longterm and definitely not in the playoffs when everything slows down. Great teams and players can play both ways. We had the run and gun KPJ/Jalen offense for the past few years and was the worst team in the NBA.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not us soccer fans, we don't !!!

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Soccer fans are a special bunch, that thread should be sacred.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The "tolerant" soccer fan! LOLLLLL

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Anybody can do it if you give them the green light on a bad team.

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

This is demonstrably untrue on CF tbh. A HUGE portion of this forum gets more angry when Jalen plays well, and hates him more. Anybody would think they're not actually fans of the team, and don't want us to do well.

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, you're either being obtuse or wilfully ignorant tbh. The Jalen haters are absolutely rife. It should be fairly unsurprising that many of them are the die hard r****ded end of the SOF group, and then KPJ's biggest fanboy bases his entire forum existence around Jalen hate and really badly executing "subtle" narratives.

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I dunno about "huge portion", there are hundreds of people on here. How many people fall into this category, probably like 6 or 7? I'd struggle to name 10.

Zen Tabak and ROXTXIA like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Significantly over 10, again, seems like wilful ignorance to me. Read any thread with Jalen's name in the title, you'll need more than 2 hands for counting though, you won't struggle.

Ancient Moabite and Carpe82 like this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

What are we counting as "hate" here? What is the threshold? Criticizing specific aspects of his play? Calling him a bad player? Insulting/smearing him as a person due to stuff from his personal life? The last one definitely qualifies, but I don't know about the first two.

Little Bit and Corrosion like this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah it seems like we have different definitions of hate here. I can't easily get to 10. I'm talking about the people who want him to play badly, celebrate when he plays bad so they can be right, and want him off the team. And when he's playing well they just say "well at least this increases his trade value!" But if we're just talking anyone who points out that he's bad when he plays bad then it's probably the majority of this board. I've called him a bust before, and about a month or two ago I said I've been disappointed how bad he's been this season, but I don't consider myself a Jalen hater.

Strawberry Gum and OremLK like this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Same--I've gotten fairly harsh about his play sometimes, even calling for him to be benched at one really low point in his season, but there is a line between that and actively hoping he will fail, making personal attacks on his character, etc.

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No, we criticize him because he's the #2 player in the draft and often plays like there should be another "2" in there. As in pick #22.

He's been killing it lately and please Lawd let it continue, because it took him long enough to show up. It's as if his agent nudged him. "You ain't gonna get paid playing like this. And if you're trying to get traded, trade deadline has come and gone."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#116 ROXTXIA, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is an encouraging stretch by Jalen and probably the first significant stretch that Jalen has positively contributed to winning. He needed real coaching, trade rumors, etc. to light that fire it appears. He's had promising stretches to close out the year before only to go back to being one of the worst players in the league so I'm not quite ready to proclaim that he has arrived but it is encouraging.

persian hoopa and Aruba77 like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Thinking he is playing poorly is not the same as not wanting him to play poorly.

I want him to play well because when he does, the team has a much better chance of winning. I'm a Rockets fan, not a player only fan ....

Some people try to create this narrative that they are somehow superior fans because they don't criticize the players and that those who dare criticize the poor play are just haters.

19. StroudAndYorDaddy

Harden should have over 100 potw awards if jg is winning with stats like that

But then I remember harden averaging 40/9/7 and losing potw to Carmelo who averaged 14 points because the blazers went 4-0 and the rockets went 3-1

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member