1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

My friend who is a huge Raider fan said with all his concussions he's nowhere near the same player. He doesn't fit here either. Tank does what he can 100x better

UTSA2step and red5rocket like this.
  2. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Depends. Are we done at WR? We were pretty banged up. I love Metchie and his story but he did not contribute much. Is Renfrow a better fit? I feel like he would be an upgrade over someone on this roster.

A trade or the draft could change that though.

3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

They definitely aren't done at WR. They really want Higgins. Metchie just isn't it. Great story but on field production is what it is. Renfrow isn't helping

4. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Tank is an outside receiver who can line up in the slot occasionally. Renfrow is 100% a slot guy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/xs-os-texa...s first three NFL,out of an outside alignment.

Through his first three NFL games, Dell has lined up in the slot on just 27 snaps, and 74 outside. And all three of his explosive plays have come out of an outside alignment

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe we're done at WR but I would much rather have a bigger body out there than someone like Renfrow.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Raiders should do Davante Adams a favor and send him to the Texans. Guy is a total waste playing on that team.

ROCKSS and red5rocket like this.
  7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Renfrow doesn't work here even if we pretend the concussion issue isn't valid

8. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Adams would be perfect here

ROCKSS and Fulgore like this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No doubt. Meco said he wants a wr that can get open on 3rd down and create separation. Maybe two 3’s gets it done.

10. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I like Rankins too, but nearly half of his counting stats were derived from his one game against Cincinnati (3 sacks, 4 QB Hits, and 2 TFLs). If we take that game out as an outlier, he was only so-so statistically speaking. I really don't think it is a huge drop off for Khalil Davis to take over his snaps this season.

houstonstime and red5rocket like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Tank isn't the same player as Renfroe at all. They don't play the same position.

Nook likes this.
  12. justtxyank

I HIGHLY doubt the Texans are interested in a star WR trade. Keenan Allen is mostly a slot receiver, over age 30 and could be extended on a short team to fit the rest of the moves.

These other guys are players who take 1st or 2nd round picks (or more!) to acquire, need big money deals for long term and would be a WR1 or 2 type deal. The Texans believe they have WR1 and WR2.

Nook and cbass like this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Didn't he have nothing but the best to say about the organization and especially the McNairs for everything they did for him while he was here.

Who cares what Toro Times is trying to stir up, we've got a solid foundation and relationships with other free agents and even our own now. Good attempt trying to pedal out fake news now TT.

houstonstime and Qan like this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dang I guess they won’t be bringing back Barnett

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

WR wise... I think DJ Chark coupled with a draft pick would solve our vertical threat issue.

DJ has the tools to get open over the top and CJ can get it to him.

I could see DJ on a 1 year deal... I would offer him a 2 year deal with lots of incentives (only because the poor guy has bounced around so much the past few years).

18. Qan

Qan Member

The same DJ Chark that Panthers fans last season hated and complained he couldn't get open? Sure, for a vet min.

19. justtxyank

Vertical threat issue?

They are looking at a guy to work the slot and the underneath routes.

Sooty likes this.
  20. justtxyank

Good signing for a reserve. He's more of an inside guy in a 4-3 I think. He's 280. He's similar build to Denico Autry.

Nook likes this.