1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I meant it the other way

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Fuego

Rudyc281 and Uprising like this.
  3. War Machine

War Machine Member

Ngl I like the old word mark better too. New one looks more bland and generic. Not sure why they’d go away from that either, along with the red numbers.

4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Good, not great. In this day and age, I count that as a win.

Wish they had a colored collar and I really don't like the numeral font. Not sure about the horns on the sleeve yet. I want to see them from different angles.

Like that they went with "Houston" on the chest and the font is a definite improvement.

Honestly just glad they didn't go crazy and come up with some Possum Holler clown suits or the trash that Seattle wears.

It looks infinitely better in red. That even makes the terrible numeral font bearable.

Edit: Paul Lukas at "Uni Watch"...he don't like it. https://uni-watch.com/2024/03/18/co...zQiwZB2jZp7qxhhm45im56IkG6JAF8Wfgh7k6GVPhcX1A

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wish they went with more red

War Machine and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It's a much more mature and smooth version of the old ones. A "refreshed" version is what they said the road unis would be. The old whites were cartoony and childish looking. This has more thought put into it. The blue/white contrast is way better with the red being the outline and not the number. And obviously, the "Houston" on the front is a massive improvement. Also don't get the atlanta comparison

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

IMG_2990.jpeg

itzIce, mikol13, War Machine and 3 others like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I really like the didn’t add a color to the collar

Blatz and Clutch City1993 like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's what I was talking about. Almost prefer this look with white socks/tights, but either way, I think these are in the top half of the league with the red helmet.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

IMG_2991.jpeg

11. Two Sandwiches

Couldn't figure out how to post that.. Thanks.

Really hope we can wear this full time as the away uniform.

red5rocket and macho GRANDE like this.
  12. War Machine

War Machine Member

13. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Those are sharp! Of it were up to me I'd do away with the blue pants altogether.

14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Love the red............on the original pic the only thing I wish they would change is have the number red and not blue................and no one can wear black cleats, all white socks and cleats. Overall, I am happy and cant wait to see the others..................Cal did it right, he saw the crappy leaked pic which did the unis no justice but then to see Nico and Dell wear them and it's a completely different look. Solid B+ so far

K9Texan likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

I overreacted negatively when that first leaked pic in the barn came out, the proportions were weird and it looked like a guy wearing a Halloween costume. Cal (and his advisors) put that fire out brilliantly. This is a nice refresh of a standard road uni, I have zero complaints. In fact it's such an effective refresh, pics of previous Liberty whites already instantly look "old" to me.

For those that are saying its too Falcons-ish, if you look back the Texans and Falcons font style has been similar looking for decades, so I am not surprised nor bothered by the similarities.

16. justtxyank

I'll be honest, I just don't like the blue helmets. I think the red helmet is so much sharper. I would prefer they had red helmets all the time or red with one uniform combo and white with a white out combo.

ROCKSS and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. justtxyank

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A few thoughts after digesting it a bit.

1) Every other photo-shopped iteration is better than the actual one they produced -- but that's OK, because they have shown a willingness to listen and experiment. I think that this process will take a few years until they settle into the "best and final" version of any of these jerseys. It also gives me hope that red is used significantly more in the other designs.

2) I like the number/font change (would be interested to see the stock version with red numbers).

3) The unis probably look better "in action" than they do in these straight-on still shots.

4) Curious to see if the "new" helmet versions jibe with this uni.

5) Cal is hilarious. What a baller move it is stepping on the leaks by posting official ones to reddit, lmao.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so too! Battle Red baby!

ROCKSS and red5rocket like this.
  20. Two Sandwiches