1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Rebel Moon: Part Two

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Mar 18, 2024.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Netflix has premiered the official full trailer for Zack Snyder’s “Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiver,” the second part of his two-part sci-fi epic which will premiere on April 19th.

“Rebel Moon – Part One: A Child of Fire” released on the service on December 21st and rose to the top of their movie charts despite scathing reviews.

The new film continues the epic saga of Kora and the surviving warriors as they prepare to sacrifice everything, fighting alongside the brave people of Veldt, to defend a once peaceful village, a newfound homeland for those who have lost their own in the fight against the Motherworld.

On the eve of their battle the warriors must face the truths of their own pasts, each revealing why they fight. As the full force of the Realm bears down on the burgeoning rebellion, unbreakable bonds are forged, heroes emerge, and legends are made.

Sofia Boutella, Ed Skrein, Michiel Huisman, Fra Fee, Charlie Hunnam, Ray Fisher and Anthony Hopkins star.

The release also comes ahead of R-rated director’s cut editions of both the “Rebel Moon” films which are expected to arrive on the streamer around August.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/official-trailer-rebel-moon-part-two/

2. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

is part 1 worth watching? I am a big fan of the space sci-fi, but the reviews are bad enough that I don't want waste my time watching it.

I don't mind watching a 'bad' movie according to critics as long as it's still fun and entertaining.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its pretty, but very formulaic. Stupid mindless fun would probably be the best version of the review. There is some stuff that seems kind of arbitrary plot-wise that seem to upset some people, and the other negative I saw brought up centered around how it started as a spec Star Wars script, and is basically seen as a Star Wars rip-off.

clos4life and jchu14 like this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was pretty terrible IMO, boring and disjointed sequences and I'm usually pretty forgiving with Snyder but the first was a bottom tier film for him, along with Sucker Punch....

Tommyboy, Baba Booey, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What? Ah, no.

Jontro likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They let him make two?

Amiga, Baba Booey and Jontro like this.
  7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The first one was terrible. I’m a sci fi dude and no matter how much I tried to like it, it was just bad.

Tommyboy, Baba Booey, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Liked the first one, I'm sure I'll probably enjoy the second one as well.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rebel Moon: Dropping Another Deuce

Baba Booey and Jontro like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You like the slow motion

@Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

the first was great. it was like lord of the rings in space.

tinman likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The moon was rebellious in your hands.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The second one is even worse. The giant galaxy traveling space destroyers use human shoveled coal engines. They’re a farming village on a moon, but have no farming equipment. They cut the wheat by hand, then load it onto hovercrafts! HAHA It’s one dumb idea after another.

The battle sequences are even dumber, somehow. It’s as stupid a movie as I have ever seen. I am not sure how Zack Snyder ever made any good movies. Dude is a hack. I did laugh out loud when the guy 300 kicks another guy while firing a laser gun, though.

And it was still better than today’s Astros game. Lol

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Confirmed. I enjoyed this one as well.

15. Buck Turgidson

Exactly. I watched the first one out of curiosity, so I felt kinda obligated to watch this one. It was hilariously stupidly bad.

GRENDEL and Baba Booey like this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Did not watch, far too much good TV and movies out I haven’t seen yet.

But I gleefully told my nerd group that part two was out then watched their text responses as they watched. It was like one of those stupid TikTok challenges that people know is going to suck but do it anyway.

Look, if you want to be abused, you can hold the flashlight while I do something that’s massively frustrating that I’m already pissed about from trying over and over to do by myself. Don’t move! I’ll eventually replace you with a work light on a stand or a headlamp but the damage will be done and your confidence will be shattered. But at least there’s therapy later on in life. You can’t say that about these movies.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Why do i need to watch 8 Zach Snyder cuts to figure out the story he should be telling us in one cut.

Jontro likes this.