1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Forget about Thomas at pick 40

Ladd probably

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus, he is a very high injury risk.

Screenshot_20240317-222512.png

UTSA2step and ROCKSS like this.
  3. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

As I said the first time..."They apparently didn't want him...on his terms. Money, years, or both...not what they had allotted for his talent.

4. Buck Turgidson

Is it officially a Hot Pursuit yet?

houstonstime likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

6. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

“We”? The person that drafted the good rookies doesn’t think it was luck. The guy that picked all these awesome players isn’t questioning his process cause it worked.

Question your process though. If it leads to the thinking in your post it’s a stupid process.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I can see Caserio saying. No. But thanks for asking. Get back with me when you get serious.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Ouch

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Sorry…by “we” I meant the fans that keep saying pass on diggs and pass on Higgins and pass on aiyuk.

By “we” I mean the fans that say let’s just draft a rookie in the 2nd round and be done with it.

Imo we need another “proven” vet added to the WR group because if one of tank or Nico get hurt games would be tough for Stroud again just like last year.

It’s already going to be tougher just based on the simple fact they have more film on CJ.

10. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

You're describing me to a T. But not Higgens. Collecting the talent necessary for a legitimate shot at a Superbowl means getting excess Value. That is usually found in the draft and prove it deals for veterans. Paying a player for PAST performance, especially on OTHER TEAMS is risky since reproducing that success becomes a floor just to break even from an excess value perspective.

I like having GMs I understand and that drive fans nuts because most fan's just don't understand the consequences of irresponsible spending on long term success. Luhnow with the Astros replacing "irreplaceable" players and sustaining success beyond a 1-3 year WINDOW and Caserio doing the same NOW for the Texans make me smile knowingly, even without knowing as many of the nuances as I'd like at times.

Even now, I'm sure Caserio is planning on shifting support for the key players from FAs to draft picks and I will not be surprised to see most future trades involve collecting Future picks to coincide with paying our key players market value. High, but not ABOVE MARKET.

Philip K. Nick and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

They draft a guy early and sign a veteran who get cut to split time with Autry inside.

It will be fine. Most teams don't have above average guys all the way across the line.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Get riddy Rudy!!!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep, Thomas will be Loooong gone.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just did a mock draft simulator and was so upset to see Thomas and Adonai Mitchell sitting there at 23.. what’s worse is Brian Thomas went #24 to the COWBOYS.. I’m not sure I’m even gonna be able to watch the first round this year.. gonna be hard haha

15. raining threes

Like I said earlier, it just depends on who the pick is. If you could draft McConkey, Pearsall or Worthy I would just pick one of them vs trading for Diggs and I'm a pro trading for Diggs guy if the price is right.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

It was a googley eye free Sunday.
    Let's see how many free Diggs posts, Stefon puts up today.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. raining threes

Caserio signed Settle and Futasi plus I expect him to draft another DT, but probably not who we expect him to draft. A guy like Jenkins if he falls to 3-86 or Kristian Boyd/Logan Lee later in the draft as developmental guys.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nick was on 610 this morning and talked about all possibilities even moving back up into the first possibly

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thank you yeah I guess it’s really true the whole build thru the draft and keep your core guys thing.

Everybody else is interchangeable

Offense
    CJ
    Tank
    Nico
    Tunsil?

Defense
    Will
    Harris
    Sting

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member