1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I just checked this but during his first stint, he was still on the final year of his Orlando contract and only being paid peanuts that last season! (3-year, 9M contract) I’m glad it didn’t really work out or we would’ve paid him way too much

Corrosion likes this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this thread is certainly aging like milk. should only get worse with time.

roslolian, OremLK and vince like this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Issue with Bridges is that he isn't the locker room personality that Brooks is. And that matters. He's more like EGo was. Quiet role player, does his job and goes home to play Solitaire or something. Brooks brings an edge that the Rockets need. We'll see how Memphis does next year with Ja back and no Dillon.

roslolian likes this.
  4. vince

vince Member

One day Nets fans will look back at this proposed trade and rue the day they thought Bridges was a superstar in the NBA.

imagine how Rockets fans would be feeling right about now to see Green give this type of production to the Nets. And to realize we’d given them all the draft obligations back.

what a relief no trade happened.

AlperenSengun, Y2JT and roslolian like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t think green was apart of the trade. It’s only been speculated. If they offered all the nets pick back, then I doubt they included any of the core 6. If Green was offered, thn they probably lessened the picks included significantly. Jsut what I think. No source

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really think he's checked out .... Harden in the fat suit level of IDGAF.

I was never in .... just doesn't fit the timeline

BallSoHarden and MystikArkitect like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree but that's why I'm out. It's weird because theoretically if one believes he's just quitting on his team, this would be a great time to buy low on him in the off-season.

That being said, players who quit on their teams, just not interested in.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This is the kind of move that the 2017 Rockets look to make - not the 2024 Rockets.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nets lose to the spurs

Bridges with his best Jalen impression :D

Mr.Scary and vince like this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

Shoot me an assist on which version of jalen because you know there are two versions

Was Bridges the all star caliber 60-70+ TS% version of Jalen

Or the 40-52 ts% version of Jalen?

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Are the Nets the worst team in the league?
    IMG_2745.jpeg

12. MystikArkitect

Need the Raptors and Grizz to pick it up and overtake the Nets.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Edge can be purchased quite cheaply and the roster has plenty of it. A talent upgrade like that is very significant, that's why it's important to consider. I'm a huge believer in intangibles, but you have to be realistic Bridges is a much better scorer than Brooks and has peaked higher defensively. The intangibles gap is not going to make up for that difference in production on every inch of the court. Brooks is not a higher IQ player in any way. I can also see Udoka being a perfect influence on Bridges returning to what makes him so valuable.

We can bring in a backup guard with that kind of attitude and also have Adams joining along with Tari returning to health hopefully. IMO Brooks' time is ticking since we've seen how amazing Amen and Tari can be plus Jabari is in a different size range. At least Bridges brings something different, he would be the best scoring forward on our roster. I doubt we would miss Brooks much, even though he's had an excellent season.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you believe that the Rockets offered all that, then I don't know what to tell you. It's just the Nets being the Nets. Regardless, as far as I'm concerned, he would STILL cost too much. I wouldn't give up ANY of our Nets picks/swaps for him at this point. Jalen either. Let them get some late first rounders from someone else, and chomp on that. MB has been overrated for quiite awhile now. (and not just because he's on a crappy team) Do. Not. Want.

- Whether it's Tari or someone else, eventually our Rockets are going to have a much better player than Bridges starting at the three.

BallSoHarden and vince like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I had a great laugh that Ryno was a star, it was common to pay an elite sniper that kind of money.....well he did not play that well.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It seems like they will have a hard time out being a bottom 10 team as well. After next season they could get a top free agent. But it sure seems like it would be hard to talk a good player into that mess.

The Rockets could continue to just use the picks as they see fit into the team need wise and have options on who to keep on the team as years go on.

The rockets being the 7-10th best team next year while picking in the 7-10th spot in the draft is not the worst place to be in.

Plowman likes this.
  17. vince

vince Member

I sure as hope the Rockets never offered that much. That type of trade would set back the Rockets years.

But I brought it up because it was mentioned by some highly regarded guys here on Clutchfans.

But Green has been explosively good in these past few games. He’s played defense, efficient offense, team ball, and rebounding! He is playing like a star.

Plowman likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They indeed picked it up, picked up their tanking pace.

19. Plowman

Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a really sweet situation. We can either use them, or...move a couple with a player for a young star.

20. Plowman

Supporting Member

Oh Vince, didn't see that you had mentioned it, Man. Love your posts.

Yeah, Green looks so much better in the wide open style, without AS...across the board, much improved. Some of this is due to the aforementioned style, but it's definitely more than that. I still think it remains to be seen if he can fit in with the structured offense running through Sengun and Amen. I AM encouraged though. Either way, whether he stays or goes, the kid's playing value back into the pick. Our Rockets are stacked with players and sweet pcks.

vince likes this.