1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a better team without Sengun?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 16, 2024.

1. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

We are blessed to have drafted both players in our team. It's up to Ime and Stone to make them able to compliment each other. And I really hope they can.

clos4life likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No my model that I preached was still having what I said was a Bogut or Javale
    MeGee that could come off the bench vs the few big bigs remaining. Steven Adams
    is here for that role next season.

I then got 6'5" Tucker playing Center micro-ball. Covington playing Center. No that doesn't work.

The only jack-ass I see is you. Bunch of you SOF'ers that think you know basketball.

Screw you and the high horse you rode in on

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Udokas system would run better with a defensive big man, imo. That would also free up Jabari.

Carpe82 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can get a defensive big without sacrificing Alpere, you know that right.....

You can play Alperen 30 minutes a game and it would be like mild load managing....

fattz and Sonicbun8 like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What about the freeing up Jabari part? Theres just not enough basketball, imo. I could, of course be wrong. But there has still been an issue with them not coming off of Allstar break on a good run. Maybe we have our answer.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Imo, nothing against Sengun, but if you replace him with someone like Jarrett Allen, the team would have about 15-20 more wins.

7. HookemHorns1250

I don’t think we are a better team with out Sengun, but my question is what happens to Amen when Sengun comes back? He has been a perfect piece for the first unit. They’ve needed someone that’s scrappy, can play good defense, and can make the right passes. Brooks tries, but he’s just not as an athletic as Thompson.

Do you keep Thompson in the starting unit? Or let him play with Eason/Cam in the second unit next year

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Rockets FO does not have anyone with a basketball background?

Wow what a hot take!

9. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

The reason the Rockets all of a sudden are a really good team:

The NBA quietly decided to change how games are officiated to allow a lot more physicality, sometime around the all star break. Fouls are way down, scoring is way down. This is incredible for Houston.

When games are called tight, we have no chance against good teams.

When games are physical wrestling matches, we are elite. Now every game is allowed to be that. Ime / Dillon / Amen / Fred / Tate are eating good.

We’re breaking team’s wills; they don’t want to get in the mud with us.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Wow.

Wow.

15-20 more wins. Hahaha. Wow.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course like everyone anyone could be wrong but you do not jump to conclusions on some 7 or 8 game winning streak.....you give it one full season.

When you play like the Wizards a bottom team 2x.....

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Of course not.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

delete

DeBeards likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really!?!?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Umut

Umut Member

I don't know if it's better or worse, but it's different, it depends on which one you prefer, BUT yesterday the team ran and the shots were good, and Cleveland didn't even fight, I think, maybe because of the early game, it's hard to sustain this game because when the going gets tough (play off) nobody gives you space. It doesn't, so whether it's better or worse can't be decided after 2-3 games.

I hope there will be no situation of saying that we are better without Alperen and not extending the contract with him, because teams like OKC will want to add Alperen to their squad.

#55 Umut, Mar 17, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  16. conquistador#11

When they beat the Bulls, another team they had a lead on in overtime, but lost to chucking and bricking SMH, this thread will become even more ridiculous.

what has to happen is Green has to shoot the 3ball consistently when he's wide open during the season. It's a different team when he is making those. 50% on OPEN catch and shoot threes in this winning streak.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's quite insane how folks are downplaying sengun greatness/impact to glaze up green.

Green and Co are stepping up with sengun being out which deserves props, but that doesn't mean we would b better without him.

We are missing Eason and Cam does that mean we are better without them also? Fk no. Typical anti sengun folks nonsense

BamBam and HD729 like this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

For the life of me I cannot understand why people are so quick to want to move on from Alpi. Has he been a bad teammate? No. Does he have issues with the coaches? No. Is he an ass to fans? Definitely not. Is he a good player? 10000% yes!

Our streak of good games started with Alpi at Center, and we will keep improving with Alpi at center. I’m incredibly glad and encouraged that our guys are playing so well right now—but let’s not act like that’s because Alperen Sengun is out of the lineup

19. Umut

Umut Member

I don't think this is because they don't want to, Houston has to run, there are no players who can play half-court games, this squad is not suitable for Alperen, Jalen Green, Jabari Amen, they all have difficulty in half-court attack, it seems more logical to send Alperen instead of changing these players.

20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I can totally see your point, it’s just that I really do believe that Alpi can be successful in a faster paced offense too!

Dobbizzle likes this.