1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Diggs ain’t it man. He’s always barking and doesn’t show up in big games.

bcast89, GOATuve, Qan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

At the end of the day, none of us know what the conversations were. "Serious discussions" could just mean Nick calling the Bills and offering up a 5th and a 7th, then hanging up when the Bills said no. Ultimately I'm in the camp that wants to surround CJ with as much talent as possible, but I also firmly believe Nick will not hamstring the team's ability to remain financially flexible nor will he do anything to hurt team chemistry.

3. rugg31

rugg31 Member

I was turned off from Diggs going back to Minnesota days when they were leading a PLAYOFF game in the 3rd quarter and he was throwing a fit on the sidelines for not getting the ball.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Qan

Qan Member

I'll trade a 7th rounder for Diggs. Conditional 4th if DeMeco doesn't bench him in season.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There isn’t any team in the NFL that believes Justin Fields is the opportunity of a lifetime, including the Steelers. If they felt that way, they would have traded for him before signing Russ.

Also, Fields was the 11th pick in the draft, not the 2nd.

Lastly, I seriously doubt Fields learns and understands the offense as quickly as Russ. I am certain Russ will get off to the faster start in camp, but at some point during the season, he will fail and Fields will get his chance.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Go Wrexham!!

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Drew Brees faints

raining threes likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Buck Turgidson

"Only '24 guaranteed" is the main selling point.

If he's a jerk, or he sucks, cut him or stick him on bench purgatory.

11. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

So did the Texans do anything?

I think D Hunter wasn't on the radar because he was going to be too expensive at $30 mil per and they have WAJ. But the hometown discount and going 2 years made it too good to pass up and they pulled the trigger. Which then took up too much to absorb the existing contract of AA. So they passed but traded away the guy anyway. Then life happens and the man wanted 3 yrs and he got 3 years elsewhere.

As for SB they also strike out but actually in better shape cap wise and so they did good for RB upgrade.

I think everyone is overlooking T Dell. He is good. I think he is WR1 good. If he wasn't hurt Nico and Tell on the field with CJ throwing is going to be tough to deal with. What is needed is a good WR2/WR3. Not a WR1 (name any old one, that is great) but older. Not for major trade asset. Now sign a 2nd tier WR for health backup.

DT is an issue but if they keep the powder dry they may be able to get one later.

Relax. They hit the draft jackpot last year. Got the QB and the DE. They already have LT and CB. These are the cornerstones of any great them. Enjoy the ride after too many seasons of failure.

They haven't gone to AFC finals yet. They need to get there and then get to the SB in 2 years.

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

This should be the coaching staff and QB that will finally get them to an AFC championship game. Hopefully multiple. I'd be more than happy with a 50% chance of making the Super Bowl.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Titans have lots of cap money. Yuk.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Bummer. I guess they'll be signing JJ Watt, Reggie White, Jerry Rice, Jim Brown and Peyton Manning. Better watch out for them Titans.

15. Major

Major Member

Fields wasn't available for a 5th round pick when they signed Russ. I'm not saying he's a sure-fire superstar by any stretch, but they got a top pick for a 5th rounder - that's an opportunity you don't pass up. Russ does nothing for that team except serve as a 1-yr stopgap until they find an actual possible long-term QB. But that potential QB just dropped in their lap, so the circumstances changed from when they signed Russ. You trade for Fields to figure out what he might be - not to sit him on the bench for a 35 year old you won't have in 2025 anyway.

evo8lover likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Anything the Bears can do someone else can do better

Steelers have at least had BigBen in their history. Bradshaw and McMahon are a wash.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No. But they’re full of ****. Claimed the Bears would keep Fields & deal 1.1:

Claimed a Justin Jefferson trade to the Bengals “will happen”:

And the rest of their tweets are randomly photoshopping players into new uniforms:

18. raining threes

The thought of Stroud having weapons around him is really appealing, depending on the price to be paid. I would give up 4 - 128 and next yrs Texans 2nd rd pick for Diggs.

Collins
    Diggs
    Tank
    Mixon
    Schultz

Championship quality weapons for Stroud to use.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

No athlete in the future of Houston Sports should ever wear 5, 7, 22, 27, 34, 80, or 99

raining threes and GOATuve like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Still Idiots!

houstonstime and raining threes like this.