1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is going to be a father

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shake_it_up, Mar 8, 2024.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

For sure, the difference here though is that Jalen wasn't looking to get a payday for 18 years, whereas she clearly was/is.

And the kid will be the one that more that LIKELY suffers for it.

DD

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

To try to bring this back to my OP.

To me, this just feels different. I think that we are going to see a lot better data over the next 98 games.

The finishing through contact and they’re getting to the rim just looks so much more strong and confident. That is only going to continue as he gains muscle. And personally I think the shot looks a lot better.

Jalen Green went through the types of things before coming to the NBA that I would expect to hold someone back a little bit development-wise. And it does seem that there are a few things that are definitely self-inflicted.

I just see a different player over the last 15 or 20 games. It isn’t always evident it just feels like an evolution.

and yeah, I don’t necessarily compare finishing strong this year to what has gone on the last couple seasons.

I think that this is a significantly better player than the last couple years, even though some of the data might be pretty set in stone.

overall, I expect either green or Whitmore to become a top shelf scorer. I just don’t want to trade green this summer for anything else than a kings ransom. I am more content to let him go for nothing next summer of 2025 if needed.

Mathloom likes this.
  3. DaDakota

Agree - wrong thread though.

DD

clos4life likes this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Oh ****. My bad yall.

clos4life likes this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

He is the cash cow so he couldn't be looking for a payday, unless he knocked up Beyonce, who Jay-Z saw his $$/fame skyrocket with that business venture (marriage license)

But he knocked up a C list Hollywood club member.....all parties involved will suffer, the child will the most not having two parent household (if that's the case)

I would imagine 90% of those who deal with athletes are doing it for the bag$, especially in this current era (2000)

Its almost like Green is going through his first humiliation public ritual

You had the Josh hump tape leak, then the Roosh thing and this child with an older said female

Extension on deck, from somebody

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What do you find more morally aggravating…. These women who are out there, trying to get pregnant by well to do hombres OR a woman who would stay with a man after a mid-level domestic abuse incident?

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lots of people say that when you become a father, boys become men.

Jalen is becoming a man right in front of our eyes.

8. DaDakota

Well, for the child's sake, I hope Jalen is involved - and is a great Dad...

DD

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Not involved here but isn’t ancient Moabite basically a moron?

10. Ancient Moabite

You really think the ancient ones were morons or moor-on?

Not involved here either but morning-wood is a oxymoron, zip was a known moron maniac hit man in Urban legend circles

Next

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

Jalens dad strength just kicked in and that’s why he finally playing like a man

clos4life likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

As you've been so fond of saying in the KPJ matter: None of us know what happened.

It's weird how you can ascribe bad intentions to his woman after having spent the last 6 months painting KPJ out to be a choirboy.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. DaDakota

Not at all she is a known Gold Digger - nothing illegal about it, but it is widely known.

With KPJ we only have what he pled guilty to which was a misdemeanor, not even a slap level of infraction.....anything else is conjecture.....

And I believe guys can mature, and with his skillset, I would love to see him under IME....we aren't contending now, why not take a look if he doesn't work out this time you cut him and move on....

Always..ALWAYS take risks on talent....is my motto.....as long as they have paid their debts to society...and yes, that means I would take Miles Bridges also......I want the Rox to win a championship and am willing to have some questionable characters on the team ...as long as they are good at basketball.

DD

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Slight tangent but ex Rockets news...

Apparently CWood got bagged by a baby mama: Yasmine Lopez, one of the notorious ladies in that circuit. A baby last year.

Things later didn't go well, as the lady broke into Wood's property and keyed Wood's car. This month Wood successfully got a restraining order on her. Some of these relationships can go south real quick.

"As part of the restraining order, the judge ordered Lopez to steer clear of Wood. She must stay at least 100 yards away from the hooper ... whether he's at home, at work, or even in his car. The one exception is for "brief and peaceful contact" ... which is permitted, but only when it comes to conversations about their child.

The TRO specifically directs Lopez to "not abuse" Wood, including any harassing, attacking, striking, threatening, or stalking of her ex-boyfriend.

There are several other boilerplate restrictions ... Lopez cannot possess a firearm while the order is active.

The temporary restraining order expires on March 20."​

#294 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  15. DaDakota

Guys really need their own Birth control pill...

DD

HardenReturns and topfive like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

It was pretty "widely known" that KPJ was a problem child. Suspensions at every level, locker room temper tantrums, etc. You've chosen to just to label it as "immaturity."

Not trying to pick on you, dude, but there's a giant disconnect in how you view these two issues.

#296 topfive, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Draya has been at every game for a while now. I never notice until usually on the replay during timeouts or off ball possesions.

18. DaDakota

Not at all, as you continue to miss the biggest issue - BASKETBALL TALENT -which is priority 1 for me. Guys with KPJ's level of talent get multiple chances, either they mature or they are out of the league....I am hoping he matures.

DD

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is Green going to have to father a kid every single season for him to play well in the NBA? o_O

clos4life, apollo33 and invocux like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

It worked for Dwight, up to a point. :D

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.