1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something clicking with Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Something is clicking. It’s not even about the stats. It’s just about how he’s playing. There’s just more confidence, more force. I’m Just seeing a different player evolve even with some of the struggles.

2. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

He looks happier too, like he got his aura back.

Man I hope he can keep this up and get us into the play-ins would be amazing

BigMaloe, Mr. Dominant, bmelo and 5 others like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm sure hitting that dunk of the year candidate off of an defensive effort/hustle play had Ime being like

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????

Dude is growing up, much to the chagrin of "Rockets fans".

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

He's finally learning to lull defenders to sleep then change speeds to blow by them. Getting players on his hip and finally is able to absorb contact to complete plays at the rim. And importantly hitting those open shots.

In other words he's developing a bag to maximize his gifts.

If he's stays consistent he'll be the player we thought he could be. The kid is still just 22.

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Those "fans" ....

LOL

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

According to Feigen he'll have an MRI to investigate the clicking sound tomorrow

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That look away three was nasty af. Im still not a believer but hes played extremely well tonight and i hope its forreal.

BigMaloe, Y2JT, Plowman and 12 others like this.
  8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If he keeps finishing like this at the basket it changes the conversation for me. I can tolerate streaky shooting from three if he can become an elite finisher around the basket. He looks good right now. Props to him and the staff for sticking with it.

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think so, too. We've quietly won a decent number of games recently and he hasn't been a drag, in fact has contributed.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's fools gold.
    Every season of his career this happens post ASB.

Don't be shocked if he is garbage again for the first 50 games of next season.

Y2JT, Plowman, clutchdabear and 14 others like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is this your first year watching Green? He always does this post All Star break.

I predicted this when he was on that God awful stretch in Dec. Personally that's what I find frustrating with this dude he can be so good and then he backslides again the next year.

I reserved judgement when everybody was ******** on him and I'm doing the same thing now he is turning it up. I'll wait if he finally carries it over to next season.

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Would be interesting to see his stats w/ and w/o Sengun.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

He's never looked this strong around the basket. He's finishing through contact. I'm hopeful that it's sustainable.

Bo6, roslolian, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  14. invocux

invocux Member

Nothing is clicking we started playing against bunch of scrubs and he always shines against scrubs.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

16. kpdark

kpdark Member

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Is it called playing the Wizards?

18. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

My man heard he's about to pay child support, and started balling out to make more money!

Crashlanded19 and Corrosion like this.
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

As many have pointed out, the post ASB stuff has happened for 3 years in a row, now. I’m not going to get too high on Jalen’s performances yet—but I do see things that I didn’t in the last few years.

Firstly, his decision making is noticeably improved from last season, and even earlier this season. Second, he is finishing stronger and with more force, even when the refs are swallowing the whistles. Most importantly, it feels he’s playing like he’s bought into Ime Udoka’s system. Even when hot he’s not taking those crazy shots that he used to take (and make sometimes) when he was feeling it under Silas.

Small things, I know. But it’s improvement!

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

More like the past 8 games.

He has had 8 game good scoring stretches before but this is the first 8 game stretch of good scoring combined with good defense and winning a lot of games during that stretch with him being one of the major reasons why in all those wins.

Last couple of seasons he'd get hot post all-star break but the team was still ass and it didn't impact winning much.

#20 fchowd0311, Mar 14, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    BigMaloe, glimmertwins, cbass and 5 others like this.