1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun Injury Thread (UPDATE: Severely sprained ankle, bone bruise knee)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Mar 10, 2024.

1. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Yeah against spurs it could work, but against teams with a bulky center I can see Bari struggling

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Looks like Smith was the center to start the game... with Whitmore injured as well Amen got the other spot.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Easy money if he adds that free throw, we’re talking several points per game opposed to a couple % points for 3s. Sure the range would be nice but low volume three shooters aren’t nearly as detrimental as people make them out to be. If he’s hovering around 25ppg def an all star.

Honestly the Turk Dirk shot and his shot put are a little gimmicky but I like that they go down. If he adds a true 15 footer to open up his drive game we aren’t just talking all star anymore.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  5. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

@conquistador#11 I am sorry for the flare up; I was emotional. /you know Turkey doesn't produce a talent like Alpi every other day...Sorry again if I broke any hearts...

cml750, roslolian, topfive and 2 others like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just catching up with this injury, was on vacation.

First thought I had after hearing the good news is I wonder how much Alpi’s legendary work on flexibility (with demonstrative results on and off the court) helped prevent a tear.

clos4life, cheke64, B-Bob and 6 others like this.
  8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nothing like getting an update from a "fantasy doctor" who hasn't examined the patient and can't even properly pronounce his name. :rolleyes:

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think I'd agree if we revised that 15ft to 20ft. Either way, free throws are enough right now for him to be an all star level player I think. Like you say though, he doesn't need deep range, he just needs that little bit more range than he has now to stretch out the D a few more ft. Once that happens it opens up the paint for him to the point where you're in a "pick your poison" situation and either way he's going to cook you more than he doesn't.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this seems really unprofessional to me, tbh.

Dobbizzle and topfive like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

he makes money from doing fantasy relevant injuries. Meh

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Kids could call it cringe, I call him an attention w****. Its all about the clicks and trending topics.
    But not unprofessional, though.

He has the video of the injury and the diagonisis.
    It is pretty easy for people with knowledge in the field to tell the likely damages and consequences based on it. That's is all he shared.

clos4life, OremLK and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

WTH. Grade 3? This is worse than I thought.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Fans thinking Jalen Green won't keep getting better is laughable. You believing the thought of Jalen taking on the role was silly and ridiculous when the organization benched FVV so they could see how Jalen would play without him in the lineup is straight up laughable. You must mean the Rockets organization is silly and ridiculous. Not the person I spoke to.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah it is silly. It still is. Theyre literally nothing alike and in no future is he a pg. but nice try trying to bump something after playing the wizards as if it proves a damn thing. Wooopty doo

18. BasketballMind

Zero chances of what being true? That they hope he could eventually take on that role? Or that he actually will? Because no one said he will. I was told they hope he can. We've seen them experiment more with Jalen bringing the ball up/running the offense.

1. FVV may not be here long term. In order for them to upgrade the roster the Rockets are going to have to lose someone they love. It's going to take a great player to get a great player back. The offense was pretty much designed for FVV to succeed. He's statistically one the best point guards in the league, but they need an All-Star/Superstar to compete for a title. Teams around the league value how FVV helped turn the Rockets organization around.

2. Amen's going to need starters minutes next season.

3. With Adams and Brooks, the Rockets have two key players who helped Memphis get to the conference finals. Adams will help Jalen tremendously (if Jalen is still a Rocket).

4. Hell yeah the Rockets FO is incompetent. None of them have played or know **** about basketball and Patrick practically runs the organization. But fans need to keep in mind that Jalen will keep getting better. Luckily, the front office hired a great coaching staff who they respect and listen to.

5. Rockets have already made changes to help Jalen become more productive. Y'all only see the games. You don't see how FVV behind the scenes throughout the season working with Jalen Green. To hope Jalen can eventually run the offense isn't far fetched at all.

19. BasketballMind

Dude I really don't give a **** what you think. I've been sick, saw the game tonight and naturally visited Clutchfans like I always do after I watch a game. This is the first time I've seen responses from what I posted. But this is my last time responding to you. I'm a positive, uplifting person and you are way too negative for me.

plegus and Plowman like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

If you don’t then don’t quote me and waste my
    Time. I can get plenty of laughs elsewhere. Congrats positive go buy yourself something nice