1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire RB Joe Mixon via trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vince, Mar 12, 2024.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently she used a slur, spit and slapped him

2. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Call me a piece of ****

I don't care

Do I think he overreacted? Absolutely

But let's not act like the woman didn't assault him first.

If you think you're man enough to hit a man, then expect to be treated like one. Keep your hands to yourself

Size difference is irrelevant in these scenarios. You put your hands on me, expect me to defend myself. I have no idea what you might have in your possession

My problem with the trade is, this guy likes to party. I remember a game I took him off my fantasy team because during the pre show on NFL Today, he clearly looked hungover. So I benched him and what do you know, he had like 5 fantasy points, absolutely played horrible

I hope the Houston nightlife doesn't get to him.

Fulgore likes this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Your opinion is disgusting and totally wrong.

Nook likes this.
  4. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

5. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

I disagree, and it's totally not wrong

Keep your hands to yourself

Fulgore likes this.
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not a fan of this dude.

Nook and bigtexxx like this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The Texans had a lot going for them over the last year....they hit the jackpot on CJ Stroud and Will Anderson, Demeco seems like a great hire, etc. But then they go out and trade for Joe Mixon? Have they forgotten who their fanbase is? There's a huge chunk of Texans fans who will have a major problem with this trade. And justifiably so. Really a massive F up.

Nook likes this.
  8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Wasn’t her story something like she was walking with her gay male friend and Mixon and his boys started harassing him for being gay. They dipped into a restaurant to avoid the harassment and Mixon and his boys followed in pursuit and continued said slurs and harassment. I mean anti gay harassment and beating women is pretty much on brand for the state of Oklahoma and the Sooner program so it’s very plausible.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

so he’s relentless and willing to fight through anything to get to his goal.

I don’t care where this thug ends up in 3 years. Jail or the grave, just get the Texans 1000 yards rushing and don’t fumble the ball.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I mean if trump can get reelected… Mixon can ball out for all I care

amirite????

joking… kinda

Fulgore likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's gonna be a one-year deal, $15-17 million.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This incident was almost 10 years ago and it happened on his 18th birthday, right?

I assume some personal growth has probably happened since then. I hope.

MadMax, Champs and Fulgore like this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Then we should just get Clowney for cheaper.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want it. Hunter is a huge upgrade, but Chase has half the tackles and less sacks than Greenard. Screw that. If we can't afford Hunter, who is an absolute huge improvement, then I'd rather draft a replacement over Chase and try to sign a CB like Kendall Fuller instead. We can use more good cornerbacks. Last year Fuller had 79 total tackles, 55 SOL, 24 ASST, 2 FR and 2 INT.

Nook likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Same people in here calling Mixon disgusting are the ones attending MAGA rallies.

Pretty hilarious.

I don't condone any of what what he did at all, but he was a kid with a brain that wasn't fully developed. From everything I've ever heard, he's been a model teammate since.

Sure he has some off field issues, but get off your high horses.

This is just laughable. Come on now.

#77 Two Sandwiches, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

April 2023: The Cincinnati Police Department has refiled a criminal charge against Bengals running back Joe Mixon from an incident that happened in January.

The charge comes from a January 21 incident in Hamilton County when Mixon allegedly pointed a gun at someone and said, “You should be popped in the face. I should shoot you, the police can’t get me,” according to an affidavit filed in February in Hamilton County Municipal Court.

Mixon will face a charge of aggravated menacing, a first-degree misdemeanor, according to a news release from the police department. — Later found “not guilty” in August 2023

Joe Mixon’s sister, her boyfriend indicted in shooting near Bengals’ star’s house

Why Bengals RB has been named in civil suit over March shooting of neighbor

Bengals running back Joe Mixon is in legal hot water over a shooting incident at his home in March.

Mixon and his sister's partner, Lamonte Brewer, were named in a civil lawsuit filed on Thursday. The suit is in relation to the shooting of a teenage boy identified as "C.B." in March, according to details reported by Cincinnati news station Fox 19.

The civil suit, filed by the family of the boy shot, alleges Mixon provided the ammunition and the weapon used by Brewer in the shooting.

Mixon was not criminally charged and isn't considered a suspect in the shooting. Here's everything you need to know about the civil suit against him:

Mixon is alleged to have provided Brewer with the firearm, a loaded assault rifle, and the ammunition that was used to shoot the 16-year-old. The lawsuit has several claims stemming from the incident, including claims of negligence, emotional distress, nuisance and damages caused by Mixon and Brewer.
    [
    more at link]

#78 J.R., Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    Nook and Shark44 like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

There are people that pay money for that.

19. Champs

Champs Member

Did not stop Astros from acquiring Osuna.

Fulgore likes this.