1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 3/10/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

invocux likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

Alpy repeatedly said "its my ankle man". He never clutched the knee.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

yes he did. no one even knew it was an ankle until he said and we looked at the replay. the first thing he did was clutch his knee. it's why woj said he's getting an MRI on the knee too.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Such an empty win. Let's hope it's not too bad.
    Sengun is our franchise player.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. invocux

invocux Member

Missing a month, two or even three isn't an issue. He can rest and still have enough time to work on his 3pt shooting, free throws in the off-season. He'll still have 5-6 months but if it is ACL or other scary 3 letter injuries he will have to undergo surgery and will miss the entire off-season. Even if we can use in 2024-2025 season he will be the 2023-2024 Sengun at best. Honestly this offseason was the most important offseason in his career. He could've evolved into a 3 level scorer. This could singlehandedly ruin him and our rebuild.

#825 invocux, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    GotGame15 and saleem like this.
  6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

brutal to watch

7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

This looks like a grade 3. There's no better diagnosis, unfortunately. That was a high jump and all of his weight came down on his ankle. He was unable to put any weight on it afterwards so that's a sure sign he tore some ligaments. He's a warrior but it's going to take a considerable amount of time before he's able to play in games again. He knows it, it was written all over his face.

It's not wise to rush him back until he's physically and mentally ready because he could sprain it again much easier than last night. It's just something about the ankle. After you roll it once, it thinks it's supposed to roll again.

A grade 3 is actually worse than fracturing the ankle. When it's fractured the bone can heal and become stronger than before. With a grade 2 and 3 your body will remember that injury for a looong time and it could cause chronic joint instability. Torn ligaments are no joke. Amen was out for a while with a grade 2 and he was able to limp off the court. Sengun couldn't even get up on his own. He won't be able to walk without crutches for a month. Then he'll have a walking boot for a month or two. Hopefully he'll be able to start practicing again in 3 months.

It's going to be a minute before he's comfortable playing like himself again. The best thing to do is have him sit out the rest of the season. Rockets are going to need him at his best for phase 3 and no one needs him to have any recurring ankle issues like Steph Curry did early in his career.

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Unless I missed it, Udoka didn't say anything about a knee injury. it looked like he rolled his ankle. That's just how bad grade 3 ankle injuries are. Can't get up, can't walk etc. He's definitely going to come back a better shooter though because that's all he'll be able to do for a minute.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Game comes second in this one.........Kudos Alpe for a sensational season........Get well.

10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Was so hoping that was not the case. That's very unfortunate...most troubling is the mental aspect of worrying about it post injury..doubt of it in the future. Still hoping for a much better outcome but, you seem very well versed on things. Most important is his well being and recovery...basketball as much as we love it, is still basketball.

BasketballMind likes this.
  11. AuburnRocket

Absolutely...there are people who don't have an idea of what bad times and being cursed are....Houston has a LOT to be thankful for...a LOT.

Patience likes this.
  12. AuburnRocket

It's unfortunate.....not just athletics but life is the same...one person momentarily distracted, crosses the yellow line on a two lane...we are never more than a single moment away from a potential accident. Life is so fragile...wishing Alpy the best.

Patience, daywalker02 and Antares like this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The Nats dominate a decade and. Only got one pennant. Its bittersweet. Now I know how braves fans felt in the 90’s. Nobody important from that 2019 championship squad even still pays for us besides the terrible contract

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

If he is on crutches the entire offseason, that would definitely be a setback, but let's not over-dramatize. If this is something where he can work his way back to 100% physical health, it is a setback, not total ruination of his career or our rebuild. He will have many more offseasons to work on his game, he is only 21.

My biggest long-term fear is just whether this is something where his knee is never the same. But I don't want to catastrophize until we find out more. I am still hoping it's just bone bruising and some strained muscles to go with a severe ankle sprain.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gatlin said that he was yelling in Turkish, I am forked, my ankle or (x) are forked.......from his Turkish followers.

Not sure how much he knows his body, but that is darn horrible.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I may have been wrong about Landale. He looked good yesterday.

Patience likes this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah credit where due, Landale has looked more competent lately. Hope he can keep it up.

AuburnRocket, Aruba77 and apollo33 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The severe knee bone bruise also hurt.

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Replying to my own post so that my apology isn’t buried in the middle of this thread.